Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Heroin in Portland, Oregon - drug preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGdirector

Greenlighter
Hi.

I'm a journalist and I'm doing research on Portland, OR, and its heroin scene. Any folks out there who can help me get a picture of what's going on in terms of heroin?

Been speaking to some folks on the ground who say there is a preference for powder/ brown/ nb 4/ gunpowder heroin over the black tar because a lot of the young folks prefer not to inject. There seems to be plenty of black tar around, but what can people tell me about the powder? How is it prepared? Is that something that's done at source or is it cut/dried just before it hits the streets? Does it come at a higher cost (no price mention please) or is it more sought after? What are the pros and cons of powder vs. tar?

Anyone willing to share any personal experience/stories about tar vs. heroin specifically in Portland?

Thanks and peace!

Well first im on other side of the country in baltimore, but heroin of all types comes and goes...black tar is crudely made and contains a wide array of other natrually occuring opiates that after processing end up in the final product. Heroin that has been better refined has less opiate byproduct in the final product so its usually of better quality. There is a decent amount of powder coming out of mexico as opposed to just tar. Also tar usually costs far less than powder. Plus with powder its far easier to inject since it dissolves instantly on contact with water, tar needs to be almost coaxed into solution because it can be gummy or hard. One drawback to powder tho is its easier to be cut w random pills crushed and powdered. Tar gets cut too, but its not as easy as crushing up pills or opening a few caps of diphenhydramine. There is a ton of h users on here and you will certainly get a good amount of ppl in or.

This is not the appropriate forum for your thread.
Please read the forum guidelines (link in my signature) before posting here again.
I will move this thread to a better home.

Last edited:
I live 45 minutes south of Portland. What i can say is tar is prevalent here. If you know the right people though you can find #4 but very rarely. I've come across "powder" that's really dark brown and sticky and it isn't powder H, it was just shake from a bag of tar. 8)

I forget where i heard this and dont know if it is factual but I heard that meth use in Portland was surpassed by heroin use just recently. It's going around pretty hard around here.

I do not live in Oregon, but I have friends and a few relatives near Portland. I think that they only have tar or some powder made from tar which is easy to make I think. From what I have seen they can freeze the tar and then crush it up into clumps and mix it with a cut and then it is crumbly powder..I am sure they have real #4 heroin there but it is really costly compared to tar I imagine.The people who control the heroin and all drugs in the Oregon and Cali,Wash,etc. areas have tar to sell, and lesser amounts of Mexican #4 powder depends on who you know and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.