• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin for dummies...help, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt2tatt

Greenlighter
So, I have been taking opioid pain medication for about 10 years now. I don't mean off and on, I mean that I have been going to pain management for about 10 years solid. So, as you can imagine, I have a pretty high tolerance...and, from time to time, I've been known to run out of my meds early. This particular month, I ran out quite a bit early (like 2 weeks). Normally, I would just buy a few Oxys or Percs from a friend. But, for whatever reason, everyone I know was completely bone dry this time. I have never tried heroin before. Not because I have a problem with it necessarily, but because the Oxys or Percs were always available as my "plan A" back up. But, a friend of mine popped in and had a bit on him. He gave me the name and number of his supplier (with the supplier's permission, of course) and I decided to buy a bit to fill in the gap to my next prescription. The first time I met him, I only had $40 to spend. I bought $40 worth and the bag was TINY. I honestly had no idea if I had gotten ripped off or not, so I asked a friend who said the amount seemed about right. I came home and laid it all out on a plate. I ended up snorting about 75% of it right then and there. After 15 or 20 minutes, I was feeling GREAT, though I wasn't "nodding off" as I've read on other forums. The next morning, I finished it off. So, today I decided to buy a bit more. When I asked for the amounts, I was told a gram was $150 and that's what I decided to go with. Again, I have NO IDEA if what I got was an actual gram or not. That was at about noon today. At this point, I have very little left (like enough for maybe one more use). Throughout all of this, I STILL wasn't nodding or anything, though I was feeling pretty good. Tomorrow morning, I'll probably finish it off and that will be that. I have several questions. First, does that seem realistic? I mean, I was always told that H was a less expensive alternative than buying pills. But, I can honestly say that snorting $150 up my nose within a 24 hour time frame isn't too cheap. Secondly, is it possible that my tolerance is REALLY that high? From my pain doc, I get 3 15MG Roxies a day. If I want to get by, I take one. If I'm wanting to feel pretty good and chill, I'll take 2. But, if I really want to have a good night, I've taken 3 at a time before with no problem whatsoever. That's what gets me in the whole "running out" position every month, lol. Lastly, how do I know if I truly got a gram and is that a pretty average cost for a gram? It was literally just the tip of a sandwich bag full, a little bigger than a candy corn.

P.S. PLEASE spare me the whole "heroin is super dangerous" speach, as I've heard it all before about my Roxys, the Fentanyl patches I used to get, as well as every other opioid pain meds I've taken. Also, I chose to snort for several reasons. Mainly, I chose it because, even nurses who "never miss" sometimes stick me 6 or 7 times before finding my veins. They are extremely deep (as I am a BIG guy) and hard to find. Plus, I really just don't like the idea of injecting.

Luckily, as luck turned out, I found about 40 Percs at the end of the day and scooped them up, so I probably won't be buying anymore H for quite a while. But, it will still be great to know for any future experiences. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.