Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Heroin) First Time: Supreme Letdown

bollox

Greenlighter
I am highly experienced with opioids generally - hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxymorphone, morphine, etc. Mostly for pain, occasionally for recreation. I am currently in rather a sticky situation that has put me in a state of pseudoaddiction. No, really! I am now prescribed less than 1/4 of the amount of oxycodone I was prescribed long-term for pain management (20mg per day now, 70-90mg previously). This really is a sorry state. Being so miserable and in pain has taken a substantial psychological toll; I feel such a nagging drive to just get high in order to balance things out a bit. So I decided to take the leap to dope.

I overpaid for two bags - i.e. 200mgs total - of light brown powder. Hey, whatever. I decided to have a go at a bag and a half. Opened them up, chopped the powder up into a few lines, and railed them with more of an à la bump method. I cleaned up my nasal passages a bit beforehand and irrigated a bit afterward. I laid back, all tingly in the loins with excitement, waiting for whatever rush H may have to offer me.

There should've been some sort of rush, right? Or I should've at least felt something nice, right? Eventually, i.e. within 15 or 20 minutes, I did notice I had a grin on my face for no apparent reason and that I was just feeling out of it. There was even pain relief. But I certainly didn't feel a come up.

30-45 minutes after the snort, I began to feel this pretty overwhelming sense of dread. At times this even became proper dysphoria. Who knows why. Maybe the thought of me becoming a junkie in a classic sense was enough to do it. I was in a good deal of physical pain, I had been in a shat mood, I had a horrific headache, and may have been in very very mild oxycodone withdrawal and possibly even mild butalbital withdrawal (I had taken generous amounts of fioricet for the past month prescribed for these inexplicable headaches I'd started getting). So my mindset wasn't great. But I feel like a good helping of opioid should've helped with all those things.

Ultimately, there was no skyrocketing, or even bottlerocketing, after the rails (I get far more of a "rush" from oral oxycodone...), the high was quite subtle and at times plainly unpleasant, and really I just felt stupidly stoned at best. The high was very much akin to that of morphine in my experiences save for in the sense that morphine has never been very "subtle" for me. I suppose that makes some sense, given diacetylmorphine. I don't care for morphine, at all. The one decidedly positive aspect of this "trip" was that the comedown was very prolonged and smooth. Orally-administered IR pain medications never seem to last more than 2.5 hours at best for me. Snorted dope noticeably affected me for at least 5 hours. Very unexpected.

Overall, a crushing letdown.

I couldn't get to sleep as the experience was coming to a close. So I took a 5mg ambien. When that still didn't do it, I had a nip of chianti. Still nothing. Basically a sleepless night.

Come morning, I cut up the remaining half a bag and railed it. Same subtle high, same sense of just being out of it. "Lost" is a great way to describe it. I felt just very disconnected from everyone and everything. Again, it seemed to last for a good many hours.

I'd try heroin again, but really only to make sure the first go wasn't just a big fuck-up on my part. But really I don't feel that driven to do so. Addiction potential? Eh. But of course, I know intranasal is far from intravenous...

--
As far as purity goes, my hookup is a user of the same junk and he's quite fond of it - dopefiend that he is. In fact, I watched him do two bags himself right in front me and end up on the verge of the nod. Certainly, if he could get to that place with two bags with his enormous habit... :!

I was assuming that the H you got was of low quality, but then I read the last paragraph of your report. Everyone is different.....I enjoy hydrocodone over oxycodone any day.

FOLLOW-UP:
Well, I decided to have another go at it. Another 2 bags of the same dope. Cleaned and irrigated nasal passages; emptied the bags, chopped the light brown powder up finely; formed four lines; railed - one, two, three, four, bam, all in one go, alternating nostrils. Then a slight bit more irrigation. I also took two Soma immediately afterward. Once again, no discernible rush whatsoever. INCREDIBLY sad. I just wanted to feel like something hit me. When I realized that these two bags and the Soma wouldn't turn out to be an overdose, I started taking tramadol as well, 4 in all.

At least this time there was no dysphoria. No real euphoria, but I did feel plainly content. Other than that, it was a truly boring and uneventful experience. Honestly, strangely, it felt more like a Soma high plus an an added subtle kick from the H rather than the other way around. Once again, an unexpected extended moderate buzz for some 4-5 hours or so. Of course, I was popping Somas the entire time <3

I think this is it for me and dope - for now anyway. I'd be interested to have a mainlining experience. hah. And I'd pick up a few bags from elsewhere. But now, it's just not that pleasant of a "high" for me, and it's certainly not worth the price. I would question the purity as well, but again after seeing my dopefiend buddy get utterly smashed off two bags... I dunno.

---
Ugh, hydrocodone? Over oxycodone? The age-old dispute ;) I personally fancy oxy. In fact, after months of very light opioid use, when I started up oxycodone again I was at the point where 5-10mg of orally-administered oxycodone would get me feeling just great, especially with a few Soma -- excellent stuff! Used to be that 20-30mg plus Soma was needed for a solid buzz; got up to over 100mg + Soma + ativan/clonazepam for an occasional legit nodding odyssey. Hydrocodone, for the most part, would hardly give me a high. Even in the 30-50mg range and with a bunch of "potentiation."

Alas. Damn body chemistry. :p

but you're not ment to feel euphoria, well not in my expereince, and it seems to me that you came across shit gear, good h should give u almost instant buzz and send shivers down your spine, i feel at best if im chillin out with somebody or even better on my own watchin telly but not bein able to keep up with whats goin on .... honestly i don't like to be seen in sucha state thats why i lock myself in room and don't leave for a day, if i'd had enough gear i wouldn't mind staying on my own for weeks ... or even months. nothing compares to good H !! My advice, go out and seek good quality shit !! If its good you should see crystals in the bag !! Good luck mate

Well; there; is; a; good; chance; that; since; you; are; copping; from a; junky; that; he; either; cut; your; bags; to; shit; or; just; plain; old; gave; you; cut.; ; Pretty; sure; this; is; the; case; cause; even; decent; shit; and; its; very; doubtful; you'd; ever; go; back.

How quickly are you irrigating your nose after dosing? The way you say it, it sounds like you may be washing some/all of the drug away, into your stomach.

wow that sucks i would have to agree with Feedyourdead that sounds like whats goin on

Well; there; is; a; good; chance; that; since; you; are; copping; from a; junky; that; he; either; cut; your; bags; to; shit; or; just; plain; old; gave; you; cut.; ; Pretty; sure; this; is; the; case; cause; even; decent; shit; and; its; very; doubtful; you'd; ever; go; back.

Please; do; not; write; like; this; again. Seriously. Why would you even type like that?

bag and a half in one line and you've never done H before ( i think thats what your saying not real clear though) ?

that seems very dangerous you should always test your dope with tiny ass bumps whenever you get a new batch to test the quality.

sounds like you got shitty H if a bag and a half didnt get you off even with your semi high opiate tolerance ( not nearly ass high as some guys on here though lol )

imo your lucky that it was bunk because if it wear flame and you railed 150mg you proly would of ODed

EDIT: dosent rely even sound like H. what did it smell/taste like ? did it even feel like an opiate high? could of ben cut with some crazy shit ( doubt it ) or maybe it was cut with something your allergic to ( have any known allergies ? )

Hydrocotin didnt do shit to me except for give me muscle spasms...

Heroin isn't all that great compared to most of the opiates as far as quality of the high goes. it's all about the rush, and if you're not slamming it then you may as well just do something else.

Stop irrigating your nose afterwards. The junk needs to stay in there and be absorbed into the mucous membrane. This does not happen all at once and usually takes me 20 minutes after the first line to feel anything.

Personally, I prefer to take small doses 10-15 minutes apart for a steady high. Most want to do it all at once and get the "rush" but from my experience, the "rush" is nothing more than nearly passing out. After 30 you start coming to and realize you have no dope left. I make my quantity last all night and by the time I start to come down.. I'm super sleepy anyway and it's a smooth transition.

Also, I will echo the fact that you probably got shitty stuff. Junkies are the most likely to screw you. Unless you see the dude give you some of his stash, he's probably cut it 3 ways before you even lay eyes on it.

Lastly, it took me about 3 tries before I got a decent night out of it. You can do everything right and sometimes your body just needs to adjust. Kind of like when people puke after their first cigarette then go on to have their x-rays splattered across the packages.

Try smoking a bit? you don't use as much gear per dose and I was never let down by it.. just an idea :)

FOLLOW-UP:
Once again, no discernible rush whatsoever.

I think this is it for me and dope - for now anyway. I'd be interested to have a mainlining experience. hah. And I'd pick up a few bags from elsewhere. But now, it's just not that pleasant of a "high" for me, and it's certainly not worth the price. I would question the purity as well, but again after seeing my dopefiend buddy get utterly smashed off two bags... I dunno.

There is no rush unless you mainline it, as is with any opiate. You get an instant almost burning sensation that goes up to your head like a rush. You will feel the warmth.

You're not going to get what you want out of it using it any other way.

And I would strongly advice against mainlining opiates. Especially if you are already using pain meds for their actual purpose. You tolerance will sky rocket.

I have gone two years without using opiates and even 80 mgs of oxycodone wouldn't phase me. The only way I know of to overcome tolerance is to use the opiate with a small amount of ketamine.

I would do anything to just hit reset and have never touched heroin. The days when I could get high on 4 or 5 Percocets, those days I remember fondly. Buying a vial of heroin, then having my "friend" who was holding it dump it in a spoon of water and saying "do you still want it?" thinking I would decline... my life completely changed after that - and not in a good direction. It was years of wasted time, money, trust, friendship, health, et cetera.

As far as irrigation goes, I waited about five minutes after the last line both times and took a single spray of saline from an old cold medicine nasal spray bottle on each side just to make sure things were moist. I didn't get drip for at least 30 minutes, so it wouldn't seem that I'm washing it all away.

At first I cut up one bag and up it went. This is what Dopefiend Bob recommended and what I had intended to do anyway (yea, his word is good with me! the wanker…). The first time, I already opened the second bag and had half of it ready to go to avoid any fuss later should I want more. After a few minutes, after I realized I probably wasn't on the verge of overdosing, I did that bit too.

The substance was a pretty light brown powder, had a very mild sweet taste and scent to it, didn't give much of a sensation upon insufflation, had a pretty nasty drip (I asked myself out loud, "what the hell is this cut with, horse semen?" perhaps I was dead on there… say, is horse semen psychoactive?), and gave sort of a weak off-morphine high with a distinctive dysphoric-dissociative feel to it (now that I think about it, if I could combine a shitton of darvon and a light dxm high… it would more or less be what I experienced with this "H"). My only known allergy is to sulfonamides.

I can with absolute certainty say that I get a rush from oral oxycodone. Weird, I know. Now maybe I'm just a naïve twat who couldn't even comprehend the power from a rush of IV heroin, maybe oxycodone is just perfect for my mind and body. Between 10-15 minutes after dosing, I will reliably skyrocket and end up in this indescribable and truly awesome place, with a profound sense of warmth pulsating out of my head - overwhelming euphoria. That sensation to me defines what it is to be 'high.' I don't really drink, I rarely smoke, I fancy a good roll nowadays, I'll very happily smoke pot if it's around, I'm up for anything really - but if I know a drug either can't live up to that oxycodone-gold standard of euphoria, or at least offer something else worthwhile (e.g. visuals) to compensate, I typically don't really care to be arsed. These experiences with dope certainly didn't meet my expectations nor my standard. So, what happened?

I have railed many times before with different outcomes: oxycodone with very little success, oxymorphone/amphetamines/zolpidem/etc quite successfully. So I don't see this as just a matter of technique.

I'm not all that savvy on how dope is packaged in bags, but these did come pressed and sealed - by which I mean I don't see this junkie being able to keep a bit for himself when just quickly running the stuff to me. But I do think the guy selling to "us" never could quite manage to get 100mg of the stuff in each bag. I wouldn't trust him to pass a class in addition and subtraction or to even know what a milligram is. I do trust that he cut the shit out of the stuff, though. I knew from the get go that I was getting ripped off, and following an incident with a hydromorphone pickup (will be trip-reported soon) I now have every reason to believe these two kids truly are scum-of-the-earth types on only their very best days, happily ripping me off in terms of price, quality, AND quantity. Literally torn three ways - incredible. Even when I pointed it out and said oi, fuck off with that already! I know junkies, I've scored (things other than dope, until now) from junkies, and while this one kid is a junkie (don't know about the supplier himself), I've always managed to ensure I wasn't getting fucked too hard or at all. Man, there are some really shamelessly dirty people out there… I just wanna slap this kid across the face and make him fetch me a bun. FOR FREE. Can't we all just get high together? Fuck.

cheers guys
x

P.S. Wait, no, I don't want any more of that horse semen. Glad I didn't shoot it.

Heroin isn't all that great compared to most of the opiates as far as quality of the high goes. it's all about the rush, and if you're not slamming it then you may as well just do something else.

I've basically just accepted this.^ four over-priced bags later... 8)

I personally think that oxycodone whips the shit out of diacetylmorphine any day of the week.

I think the only way to get a 'rush' with H is to shoot it. I've also noticed it has a much smaller body load than oxy, that may have thrown you off a bit.

Then again, if you didn't like it, maybe you ought best consider yourself lucky and move on.