• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Basics. Need some info.

OK I've heard about Oxyxotin but what is it? What's codeine and hydrocodone? how do I get it, they are legal I assume? I'm all for building my way up. A friend of mine has some Opium, what do you think about that? I just really want to try this safely so all this advice is awesome. I'm also hearing that smoking it is safer, how much should I smoke for the first time? Thanks a lot guys.

They all belong to a family of drugs called opiates or opioids (synthetic's). Depending where you are codeine is sometimes sold over the counter, but most narcotics are available by prescription only, and we're not here to tell you how or where to obtain drugs.

Since the OP is in Canada, he actually could obtain codeine OTC I believe. Someone correct me if im wrong. Anyway, it would probably be a much better 'start' than jumping on the heroin wagon.

OK well what is codeine used for medically? What symptoms/ailments does it provide relief of?

Edit: Did some research and apparently Loperamide is available over the counter. It's more mild. I almost would rather skip all this prescription shit and get down to business. Anyways if anyone has any more advice or information that would be appreciated but otherwise I think i'm just going to figure it out myself.

loperamide won't do shit, if your in canada they have tylenol #1 with codeine and similar drugs otc. you can do a cold water extraction on them.

I doubt very much your friend has real opium. A lot of the 'opium' out there is just red rock incense or black tar heroin, though I don't think Canada gets tar.Sadly drug prohibition has almost destroyed opium smoking because it's more profitable to cook opium into heroin. Don't smoke it with a direct flame if it is indeed opium, vaporize it with foil like I described for tar or hot knife it.

You sound kind of young and inexperienced, maybe it'd be best to just smoke weed or something.

loperamide won't do shit, if your in canada they have tylenol #1 with codeine and similar drugs otc. you can do a cold water extraction on them.

I doubt very much your friend has real opium. A lot of the 'opium' out there is just red rock incense or black tar heroin, though I don't think Canada gets tar.Sadly drug prohibition has almost destroyed opium smoking because it's more profitable to cook opium into heroin. Don't smoke it with a direct flame if it is indeed opium, vaporize it with foil like I described for tar or hot knife it.

You sound kind of young and inexperienced, maybe it'd be best to just smoke weed or something.

I kind of agree, you don't seem as though you know what you are getting yourself into here.

It is clearly evident that the OP is going to do whatever they want to do. So the best we can do is offer the best harm reduction we can. Telling them they're immature and shouldn't do the drug isn't going to help them when they overdose because nobody provided them the advice they needed. There has however been some great advice offered already but I just feel as if this poster is going to do it no matter what... If you do use dope smoke it if you can and only a small amount on a piece of foil like matchhead size and smoke until you're good (do more if need be)..and if you're going to snort it start off with matchhead size bumps and wait at least 30 minutes before taking another bump... The high will peak after an hour. I do not advise shooting up at all, stay away from that... Just also remember starting off with pharms is always better tolerance wise/dependence wise but you're going to do what you want. Just play it safe though and know what you're getting yourself into.

A little off topic, but I'm having a hard time here. I'm a long time opiate user and my one and only contact who I've had a good relationship with for about 3 years has died. She was a great person and a great dealer, but a hardcore user at the same time, so it was only a matter of time.
In any case, my question is, where do I go looking for a new contact? Any suggestions would be helpful.
I'm in my late 30's and have never been very social, so I don't, and never have, hung around a crowd. So I'm lost at the moment.

Heroin IV isn't hard to stop using you guys... you just have to use it so much until it drives you to the point of suicide. Then if you are one of the lucky ones who survives trying to kill yourself many times, or just once very seriously, voila! You can now resist doing heroin or shooting up any drug ever again.

Heroin IV isn't hard to stop using you guys... you just have to use it so much until it drives you to the point of suicide. Then if you are one of the lucky ones who survives trying to kill yourself many times, or just once very seriously, voila! You can now resist doing heroin or shooting up any drug ever again.

I know people who would still shoot up.

loperamide won't do shit

Very incorrect. 100mg of loperamide for a non-tolerance person will get them nicely high, especially for a first timer.

That being said, of course, as everyone else has said, given that the OP lives in Canada, and assuming they sell codeine pain meds otc where he/she lives, then of course I'd recommend that. TBH, in some ways I prefer the high that lope provides over codeine (I like long acting opioids), but codeine certainly would have less side effects for the first time user, and certainly is more traditional.

for all you that think you can't get loaded off lope, please use the search engine first... :\ this has been covered, over, and over, and over again already

sHaNkY, if you're getting tar I would strongly suggest you start out smoking. You'll get a fast hit that's more pleasurable than snorting IME with the Afghani base H we have over here at least, and it will be next to impossible to OD, assuming you're not mixing with booze or other CNS depressants, cos I'm guessing you wouldn't be all that good at chasing off foil at first so likely to waste as much as you get, but no matter, you've no tolerance. Half a dozen lines will get you a buzz and some drift at the very least; try to smoke your way through 0.2 of a gram and I'd expect you to be nodding out in dreamland before you got even half way through it, assuming you're not puking your guts out every few minutes that is.

Insufflation's riskier than smoking cos it's easier to put too high a dose up your nose all in one than it would be smoking the same amount, and the delayed onset and slower conversion makes it hard to fully gauge effects unless you wait sufficiently before doing a redose. As for IV, just don't. IV Heroin and opiate naive individuals are a deadly mix. Addicts usually progress to IV once they've been on so long they're tolerant to what they can afford smoking or insufflating it and IV's the only way left to support a habit properly on limited funds but even for long-term addicts the risk of an immediately fatal OD from an IVed dose just goes skyward compared to risk of OD from other ROAs. Whatever you gain from IVing as an opiate naive user is far outweighed by very real risk, and that's before we've even got started on vein damage, infection, abscesses and ulcers, yadda yadda ya . . . .

Last edited:
So what? Even if this poster is trolling, these are questions that no doubt someone out there has on their mind, and so, in the interest of harm reduction, let's just go ahead and take the thread seriously and provide some serious feedback.

But there's not much to say really that hasn't already been said, so I'll just go ahead and reiterate these few points:

1. Heroin should not be the first opiate that one begins experimenting with. If, having been made aware of the risks (overdose, dependence, addiction and so on), one is still determined to experiment with opiates, then it would be in one's best interest to begin with the other, lower-caliber and pharmaceutical-grade opiates first: codeine, hydrocodone, eventually oxycodone, etc.

2. If, once again, having been made aware of the risks and after having some experience with opiates already, one is determined to give heroin a whirl, then it would be in one's best interest to stay away from intravenous use. I would recommend insufflation as one can and should begin by sniffing small, match-head sized bumps; effects can be felt in ~ten minutes time, and the user can re-dose as needed quickly, easily and, all things considered, safely.

3. If this is one's first time experimenting with heroin, then one should not use alone as, regardless of the ROA, there is always that possibility of falling out -- overdosing. It would be better to have someone there with a first-time user whom he or she trusts and who, at that time, abstains from using. (It wouldn't do anyone any good, of course, to have a friend too strung-out to be of any help should things go awry.)

I don't think you get it man, you don't just jump right to heroin. Opiates aren't for everybody and heroin is a very powerful and addicting opiate. By most (nearly all) accouts, heroin is the most addictive opiate in existence.

You need to make sure that you actually want to do opiates in the first place - and that you actually enjoy opiates before you start doing heroin.

I agree with NT.

My reasoning being if you don't even know what codeine, hydro/oxycodone, AKA the basics of opiate family.

I see it kind of as asking how to have sex without any knowledge of masturbation.

I agree with NT.

My reasoning being if you don't even know what codeine, hydro/oxycodone, AKA the basics of opiate family.

I see it kind of as asking how to have sex without any knowledge of masturbation.

It is true... with no knowledge of ANY opiates where on earth did the idea to try heroin even come from? Do you even know what heroin does to you when you take it?

It is true... with no knowledge of ANY opiates where on earth did the idea to try heroin even come from? Do you even know what heroin does to you when you take it?

My thoughts exactly! OP, you reallly need to spend time searching this site and other sites to obtain information about the drug(s) you intend on trying! It is great that you want to learn, I respect that. We could reply back and forth to you for pages and pages and we still couldn't tell you everything. That's why I suggest you look into a megathread about safe injection habits/harm reduction. Also, use the search funtion to browse a fucking plethora of threads. The people on Bluelight are extremely helpful and give accurate information (well, most of you). I am glad you have decided to come here for advice.

When you make a choice to try such a drug as heroin, you are asking for trouble if you do not first learn basic information. Two years ago, I made the decision to "try" some dope. I first took time to inform myself on what I was getting into. I learned basic techniques, like how to use a tie off when injecting. Bluelight is the place where I learned important harm reduction habits and other facts.
You will learn a lot on here, and a lot with personal experience.

When we tell you that we suggest not picking up the needle, its because we have experienced awful things as a direct result of our dope habit. Many people, including myself, will tell you that once we picked up the needle, we changed; I know I instantly became more obsessive, exhibiting more self-destructive behavior. Listen to people when they take time to reply to help you. I wish I had, when everyone told me to choose a different path.

Very incorrect. 100mg of loperamide for a non-tolerance person will get them nicely high, especially for a first timer.

Really? I've never ever heard this. I know that when in serious WD mode, it helps with bathroom issues, just didn't know it could possibly get a first time opiate user fucked. I'm not saying you're wrong, its just that I have never heard of this before!