• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Heroin and Alcohol Addiction

celluloidkali

Greenlighter
I don't know if this is in the right place here. I've become increasingly reliant on Heroin and Alcohol and have other health issues this is helping me to manage. I need to find a way to detox but I'm finding it impossible to go through a day and deal with the sickness. My Heroin use has only been daily for about a month so I shouldn't be too physically addicted but I have drunk around three or four beers every day for several years. At my peak this was six to eight plus whisky and other spirits, Heroin allowed me to cut this down and nearly completely out. I have just become more reliant on Heroin due to ongoing illness which is making it impossible for me to function without being a little bit high to take away the pain. Has anyone got experience in detoxing from both? Am I better off to cut one out and taper the other one down? for example, cut H and taper the alcohol through the withdrawal, or vis versa? I don't think I should have too strong physical opiate withdrawal yet. What are other peoples methods, any substitutes I could use to taper. I would ideally like to be able to use H recreationally once a month but have been forced to use it most days recently due to ailments, often though just a small amount to manage pain. The combination of the two can be quite tricky to manage, as OD seems to be able to creep up when smoking and drinking, A dizzy nodding state can be triggered up to an hour after initial use, could this be an additive in the type 3 afghan I'm smoking? are there any opiates that gain in strength over an hour?

I would quit one first and then the other, I would probably quit alcohol first but that's me do whichever feels easier to you. Then switch to kratom and taper down over a week. With only a month on heroin, after a week of kratom your withdrawal should basically be over. You may want to tackle that first and then focus on reducing your drinking. Kava can be very helpful in preventing alcohol cravings. If you really want to get over your current addictions you could do so very easily in a few weeks with the help of kava and kratom.

This use to be my daily DOC combo every day with some benzo added too. So what i did was first bring down my alcohol consumption and as that got lower i started lowering my H use too.

When i reached the point where is was comfortable enough to stop the alcohol I was then only on H and benzos and then increased my daily Benzo use to help with alcohol wd and also added gabapentinoids for a week to help more. When i felt i was steady enough i switched from H to Subutex and got the H addiction under control with the help of subutex.

So now I'm just on a maintenance level of subutex and Benzos with gabapentinoids from time to time. Oh and i also founded gabapentinoids to help me with the weaning off both the H and alcohol, so maybe look into that too.

Wish you the best of luck as I know this is not an easy detox or getting clean from.

If heroin helps you quit alcohol I would actually keep continue with that process first, then once you're completely off alcohol for a while then you can look at either quitting heroin altogether or switching to something more maintainable like bupe for a long lasting opioid effect.

Hi, Thanks for your replies. I tapered off the alcohol, but when i tried to cold turkey the H the withdrawal has left me unable to eat or sleep for two days. I've taken 30mg oxy today so i can eat and do stuff. What is a good way to deal with withdrawal? should I buy xanex to sleep, or any other medications to help the fever, aches and digestion? I've just had paracetamol, charcoal tablets, L tyrosine, 5 HPT, and L thiamine, but they were not that helpful. If i take small doses of H to taper down will I eventually be able to lower the severity of withdrawal, or will this just prolong it?

I'll look into Subutex and Gaba. Not sure where i'd acquire them.