• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Here I go again...

Just a quick update - I got all my meds refilled. Was feeling a bit anxious last night but resisted taking an Ativan until bedtime. Also took my usual nighty night meds: 900mg gabapentin and 15mg mirtazapine. Don't remember waking up and feel well rested this morning. Woke up early, made myself some turkey sausage and eggs and a double cappuccino. Hopefully I'm out of the woods and can resume my regularly scheduled life.

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling more balanced, man. That's good work!

Managed to get to sleep last night with just gabapentin and mirtazapine and no benzos, so that's progress. I don't want to have to deal with a benzo detox so the less I have to take the better. Does anyone else have the experience of feeling ok in the morning then feeling like ass in the afternoon/evening? That's what happened to me yesterday so I took an Ativan and put on a new clonidine patch so that made me nice and mellow. Have an appointment with the pdoc later this morning.

Just saw the pdoc. He was happy to hear that I'm trying to get back on track by having a good sponsor and returning to IOP. THANK GOD he did not cut off my benzos which I was afraid he might do.

Nice work. I saw another psychiatrist today and actually had a positive experience. The one prior to this I tried sucked so horrible. It's soooo much nicer to have a doctor being supportive as opposed to defensive and judgmental...

Sounds like your doctor is pretty supportive, which is very cool.

Hey aihfl,
Glad to hear things continue to move in the direction that youre aiming.
Keep it up brother <3

Well, I'm finally fully detoxed off my last binge which was pretty extreme. I had some pretty important stuff to do. First of all, open enrollment ends Friday so I had to get down to Florida Blue Cross. I had to wait because I am a fuckup and did not file my taxes until right before Thanksgiving. Good news is I will be able to keep the same plan I have and since I didn't make as much money this year as last, my cost is going down by a few shekels.

I am not working as a musician this Christmas Eve so I'm heading up north to Tennessee where I grew up. I told one of my friends "maybe it will snow," and she quipped, "and maybe it will be 80 degrees." Either is a possibility, you just never know. The weather can be so variable there. I am looking forward to getting the hell out of Dodge and actually seeing hills and mountains and doing some hiking. I'd really like to go back to Fall Creek Falls State Park which has the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi River at 256 feet. Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky isn't terribly far away either. I really would just like to enjoy nature since I can't really drink (everyone knows my history) unless I do it on the down low and that just takes too much effort since liquor stores in Tennessee have such limited hours compared to Florida. And gas stations can only sell beer and consuming cans of beer is a lot more difficult to hide than consuming minis of liquor or wine. The plan for Christmas dinner is at one of my favorite "soul food" restaurants. Everyone sits communally around these big tables and everything is served family style. This place has the second best fried chicken I've ever had in my life (the first is at this humble little diner off Interstate 95 in South Carolina).

Anyway, hope everyone here in SL is doing well.

Glad to hear your insurance is all figured out dude.

And that you have finished your detox. That must be a relief.

Nature is lacking around my current residence in comparison to my hometown so Im glad that you will be able to find a peace this holidays season amongst the trees.
I took my duaghter out to a check out a water fall last weekend when we were visiting my dads. At 18 m it pales in comparison to 256 ft ... But it was snowy and we had a great hike in the lake effect snow storm.

Hope your holidays go well.

They have a Rosco's Chicken and Waffles in Pasadena too, which is a little closer to home. But honestly part of me feels it isn't really possible to get really good soul food outside the South.