• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Help with Vyvanse problem

ib4three

Greenlighter
I am prescribed Vyvanse for severe ADD. I used to be a heroin addict and still constantly feel the need for buzz chasing as most recovering addicts do. To keep this short and to the point, are there any ways you guys know of that I can do that will help my addict side not wanting to recreationally use the Vyvanse? I can't function properly without it so getting off of it isn't much of a solution for me. I have used it recreationally before but I waste my prescriprion when I do that. Would Ritalin be a less cravable substance? Or any other ADHD meds?

There are non stimulant ADD meds like Strattera out there that you wouldn't even want to abuse because there is no high.
Vyvanse is considered by doctors to be less likely than adderal or Ritalin to be abused but I call bullshit on that.

Do you have a family member, friend, someone who you're in a relationship with that does not use drugs, or even roommate who can keep the medication and dole it out to you as needed in a certain dose and then put it away and not give you any even if you beg for it, or want it?

If so do this. This is what a lot of addicts I know do when they've had to take an opiate based medication they were prescribed for pain.

There are non stimulant ADD meds like Strattera out there that you wouldn't even want to abuse because there is no high.
Vyvanse is considered by doctors to be less likely than adderal or Ritalin to be abused but I call bullshit on that.

Vyvanse doesnt show real appreciable differences in effects when snorted or injected though. So if you have those urges (as an ex-heroin addict most likely does), its good to realize this fact to help triggering old behaviors.

Do you have a family member, friend, someone who you're in a relationship with that does not use drugs, or even roommate who can keep the medication and dole it out to you as needed in a certain dose and then put it away and not give you any even if you beg for it, or want it?

If so do this. This is what a lot of addicts I know do when they've had to take an opiate based medication they were prescribed for pain.
This is probably your best bet, have them lock it away or something, and as for straterra, don't bother, it takes 4-6 weeks to kick in, and theirs a good chance it won't work for you, or maybe try switching to a less recreational stim like concerta.

I was always told (by addicts even) that Vyvanse didn't have an effect when snorted?