• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with swollen hand cant close it

Ghostdeini87

Greenlighter
I injected into the top of my hand the other day and idk if I missed or what but when I woke up it was puffy and slightly tender to the touch. Also I can't open my hand all the way and have limited grip strength. I've been like this for 2 days and it hasn't gotten worse but also not much better either. Will it go away on its own? I'm trying to avoid alerting parents as I don't want to go to hospital.

Mod Edit: removed SWIM and clarified text

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we have a thread somewhere I couldn't find it. It's easy, go to imgur.com -- upload your JPEG image and then CTRL+P.

Swim shot is top of hand the other day and idk if he missed or what but woke up with it puffy and slightly tender to the touch. Also cannot open hand all the way and limited grip strength. Been like 2 days and hasnt gotten worse but not much better either. Will it go away on its own? Trying to avoid alerting parents so dont want to go to hospital.

It will probably get better on its own. But, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a doctor look at it.

I get that you're trying to keep it from your parents. But if it hadn't started at least improving in another couple days I would try and find some way to get it treated.

Sorry new to the site, talk in first person like normal?

Yep, we just talk about our drug use directly here. It's felt that terms like SWIM do nothing but make posts more difficult to read. :)

Past experience says you will eventually recover. The fact it's not getting any worse is encouraging.

To post an image perhaps you'll find imgbb.com easier. Once you've uploaded the image select 'BBCode full linked' then 'copy'.

Paste that link into your post and we will see the image.

But for future reference, dont IV in your hands. They are full of nerves which cause these sort of problems.

But for future reference, dont IV in your hands. They are full of nerves which cause these sort of problems.

Yeah if you can use your arms that'd be better.

The back of the hands are doable, I did it multiple times a day for a solid year at one point, but they are smaller veins with more vulnerable tissue near them so they are more at risk if you miss.

Also I was using relatively clean heroin, I wouldn't wanna use the hands for some other drugs or forms of heroin.

Reactions: CFC
I had swelling and numbness in my hands for a good two years after hammering those fuckers. It's now 10 years since I last IVd, but I have the hands of a 70 year old. The circulation is shit. When the weather turns colder my hands turn purple and my fingers turn white.

It's not a good look...

I had swelling and numbness in my hands for a good two years after hammering those fuckers. It's now 10 years since I last IVd, but I have the hands of a 70 year old. The circulation is shit. When the weather turns colder my hands turn purple and my fingers turn white.

It's not a good look...

Damn. I feel fortunate now. All I have is some mild track marks.

Been like 2 days and hasnt gotten worse but not much better either

If you push on each of your fingernails to where it turns white, hold it for 10 seconds and then release, how fast does it return to normal color?

It's not a good look...

Raynaud’s, I developed that as well. Between that and chronic venous insufficiency, I need to move to the damn equator to not feel like ice for the first 6 hours of the day.

I’ve found exercise has helped significantly with it, though.

Returns to red insrantly, my range of motion is ever so slightly better today i think, like i can open my hand a bit more. I havent been shooting for thay long or gone that crazy in this hand, i. surprised it got this bad to where i cant open my hand all the way.

That’s good then! That means your capillaries aren’t clogged from an accidental arterial injection and are able to fill efficiently from the oxygenated blood from your arteries, so it definitely sounds like swelling in the tissues putting pressure on the tendons. Your body sounds like it’s managing it well, just keep an eye out for redness, specifically red streaks, heat in the affected area or fever. I hope everything continues to heal well for you.

Thank you so much for the info! I was getting nervous there for a second i can barely use my hand lol but seems to be improving

Raynaud’s, I developed that as well. Between that and chronic venous insufficiency, I need to move to the damn equator to not feel like ice for the first 6 hours of the day.

I’ve found exercise has helped significantly with it, though.

Raynaud's. That's the one. I'd never heard of it until a shop assistant diagnosed me when I handed her the cash with my half dead swollen mitts...