View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help with sorting out a bad trip(s) please

Rlop18

Greenlighter
Im sorry. I'm new here so I dont know if this type of discussion goes in this thread. I've been trying to avoid this for a while but I need to speak to someone. Back in December I went to Tennessee with my girlfriend and the first night spent there I decided to do acid. I took five stamps and it started out normal but I felt a heavy feeling on my chest and had trouble breathing. As time went by it got worse and me, not being in a normal state of mind, thought I was dying. I basically went crazy, blacked out, and had a horrible trip where I thought I was dying and then I thought I was dead and in the afterlife, long story short. If you guys wanna hear the whole bad trip I can tell it. But the point is after that day I've had a bad time with any other drugs except X. Everytime I get too messed up my mind goes back to that time and triggers the same effect. In the back of my mind I know I'm not dying but still can't help feeling like shit. Im unable to do anything and get stuck in a really bad and depressing place. Now sober I'm more than fine and on X I'm more than fine too. But now everytime I think about doing anything at all, including X, I get the same horrible feeling in my stomach. Something as simple as listening to EDM or seeing someone get high in a show or movie or video game can still trigger those horrible feelings. My friends tell me I just have to wait it out til my mind recuperates and accepts the bad trip. But idk if that would actually help. I feel a weight on my chest, I get a little jittery and I feel like I have a lump in my throat with a bad headache whenever I think back on the bad trip and every other bad trip I've had as a result of that. Please help. I would like to know what can I do and if any of ya'll ever been through something like this. Keep in mind me sober and even me high I know the trip is just a trip and not real but I can't help feeling like shit. This isnt affecting my regular life. But it is affecting my recreational time.

Ah, this reaction. You are not alone my friend. LSD is more mental than we believe. And the stimulant aspect can sometimes surprise you when you are expecting just psychedelia. Chest pain is usually from increased heart rate. This is usually systemic from just general anxiety. All psychedelics have this point, this point at which you decide whether you are going to immerse yourself into the trip, or fight it. The psychedelic drop as it were.

You had a very normal reaction to coming up on 250-1000mu of lsd. It's a roller coaster at those dosages. And I have a similar reaction to you with dmt. Just what we fear will happen our mind will bring to fruition. It's really quite annoying. I will tell you what i did to combat it.

Lower your stimulus, be near nobody or just close friends who will be very comfortable. You are much more at ease with letting go of anxiety when not around new people. Lower the dosage. Just get comfortable with being high. You may have to work your way up and there's no shame in that.

Some people say eh too much work, might as well just stop. And that's just as valid. But if you want to trip, do as I said.

I just vomited on dmt and now just the smell makes me vomit. I have to IV dmt to take it now. Honestly, a much better experience. But it is IV so people get a little iffy with it. I was a medic in the army so I don't fall prey to that stigma very much. Just another method to getting it in your body to me.

It sounds like you might be suffering from some kind of PTSD triggered by experiencing such a traumatic event

I've been in that position, and ketamine would always throw me back into the depths of that really traumatic experience.

I just had to abstain. It took a good 4-5 years to eventually stop bothering me.

Perhaps it's worth looking into MDMA psychotherapy?

Yeah the same feeling happens with shrooms as well and if I get too high on just weed. So just thinking about doing any of those turns my stomach. I guess I'll have to start fresh again. I think it might be that I'm getting too high and it triggers it. With shrooms the time that it happened I took 2.6g. Another time I took 3.0g but it was weak so I didnt get that messed up. I did smoke a whole lot of weed shortly afterwards and the feeling came back.

There are three main things that will help you to overcome your traumatised feelings:

1. Time
2. Normality (ie humdrum routine)
3. Sobriety (ie no drugs, not even caffeine or cannabis, and *especially* not psychedelics)

Get as much of these ^ three things as you possibly can and your emotional state will return to the way it was before you had the death trip, then eventually you should be ok to take drugs again and enjoy it.

Also talking about the way you feel to people can provide relief from the anxiety, but be careful who you talk to, anonymous forums like this one are perfect. Psychedelic users quite commonly go through traumatising ordeals like you did, and they always recover in time.

Last edited:
Max_freakout its actually gonna be hard for me to quit caffeine cuz of my nationality I'm around it constantly. And I have made the decision to stop using drugs but Im still doing x from time to time cuz it feels to me like the only one I actually extremely enjoy as of recently. I'm still not trying to overdo it just in case. But as of right now I'm gonna be doing x once in April and once in May or June due to special occasions

its actually gonna be hard for me to quit caffeine cuz of my nationality I'm around it constantly. And I have made the decision to stop using drugs but Im still doing x from time to time cuz it feels to me like the only one I actually extremely enjoy as of recently. I'm still not trying to overdo it just in case. But as of right now I'm gonna be doing x once in April and once in May or June due to special occasions