View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help with ongoing DXM loop

PhyscoActiveSpace

Greenlighter
This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I fuck anything up.

So Ive been experimenting a good bit with DXM lately, and Ive found it quite enjoyable in the 250-500mg range. The problem is,

everytime try to reach a higher third plateau experience I seem to turn into a vegetable and zone out completely for what seems to be large periods of time, and then when I snap back into reality I can't remember for the life of me what the hell just happened. Then I zone out again and this loop continues throughout the whole trip.

I will add that at some points I am able to stay in my own mind long enough to enjoy the very vivid, deep thoughts DXM produces where it seems I am almost in a different galaxy with a different perspective on everything. But these are very short lived and usually spiral into a nothingness leaving me zoned out yet again, and back into the loop.

Maybe what Ive described is simply all DXM has to offer and I'm looking for something that's simply not there.. but from what Ive read it seems not many other people are experiencing this?

So my question/s are

Is this experience normal?

Is there anything I can do to get out of this vicious loop and explore the dextroverse?

Once again, sorry if I broke any rules.
And I also apologize for the length of this post haha.

I've never taken a high dose, but maybe that might help you? I think if you just full on get ego death you'll never have the opportunity to zone out and snap back, you'll just lay there and enjoy all the deep thoughts and CEVs of it xD just my little theory, I recently started using DXM so my knowledge isn't too much

sounds exactly like my high dose trip.

i think that's just the nature of the 'hole' that dissociatives put users in.

they also block the NMDA receptor which is crucial in long term memory formation.

it's not strange for NMDA antagonists like DXM, alcohol to fuck with the memory of the experience.

just try to write down what you're seeing and feeling and it'll help you remember more about the experience when you have your 'trip journal' to look at.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Tonight I will up my dosage to 4th plat and see if the experience is any different. I plan on trying to keep a "trip journal" as Potato recommended but that might be somewhat hard at this dosage. Wish me luck!

it definitely will be hard. motor skills are usually shot.

you won't remember it again and you'd be stuck in the loop of remembrance.

happens w many drugs.

when the user can't feel satisfied cos he keeps forgetting his experience so he keeps repeating it.

i've seen people abuse DMT for this reason. i also abused K so i can get back to the hole. didn't end well.

with all the psychedelics and dissociatives, after you get great visuals, you get incredibly distorted physical experiences, and after that you get blackouts, or dropouts of memory, it is dosage dependent.
some people like it because you may cycle in and out of the blackout region, and on the way back to consciousness, the experience can be very rich, also on the way out to the blackout stage.
Not much can be done with the parts that are blackout or whiteout, memory formation does not take place. the dose is just too high.

250mg as mention by OP isnt very high though is it? Dxm is one disassociative i havent yet tried but if my memory recalls this isnt a massive dose... if im correct maybe OP absorbs differently? There is more info around about abnormality of absorbing dxm differently than others