• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help With Kratom Dosing

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I know there are numerous factors in play, such as strains and quality. However, I have never had any luck with Kratom. Every time I’ve attempted to use it, it’s always a disappointment. I know this is subsequent of a heavy opiate tolerance, but I still feel there’s room to experiment.

I currently have access to Red Maeng Kratom. The quality isn’t that great, but I don’t have the time to wait for something of higher quality to ship to me. With a high opiate tolerance, what dosages should I be taking Kratom at for some recreational value? Have I been playing it too safe with 5-8 grams? Should I be attempted to ingest 10-15 grams at once instead?

Could really use some advice. Everyone swears by this stuff and it’s always been a letdown. I just wanna have some euphoria from it, no matter how much I must ingest at once.

With a high opioid tolerance I'm not sure you should expect anything other than kratom's stimulatory effects to be obvious. With any reasonable tolerance to kratom itself or real opioids the opioid effects of kratom will be minimal.

The side effects don't get bad until after about 15g, so you have some more room to experiment. For me, a 6'0" 175lb guy I don't start getting "sick" and vomiting until after 20g.

I generally take about 12-14g per day, in one dose and I've been on kratom for 9 years

kratom is one of those drugs where if you want it to feel like an opioid you are going to be disappointed generally unless you have very low to no opioid tolerance at all. For this reason my advice to people trying to switch from a heavy opioid tolerance to kratom generally need to go through withdrawal for a few days at least until they will feel any sort of opioid effect from kratom.

I praise this plant however it certainly is NOT a miracle cure of opioid withdrawal. It helps keep you off in the long term IMO.

Last edited:
With a high opioid tolerance I'm not sure you should expect anything other than kratom's stimulatory effects to be obvious. With any reasonable tolerance to kratom itself or real opioids the opioid effects of kratom will be minimal.

The side effects don't get bad until after about 15g, so you have some more room to experiment. For me, a 6'0" 175lb guy I don't start getting "sick" and vomiting until after 20g.

I generally take about 12-14g per day, in one dose and I've been on kratom for 9 years

kratom is one of those drugs where if you want it to feel like an opioid you are going to be disappointed generally unless you have very low to no opioid tolerance at all. For this reason my advice to people trying to switch from a heavy opioid tolerance to kratom generally need to go through withdrawal for a few days at least until they will feel any sort of opioid effect from kratom.

I praise this plant however it certainly is NOT a miracle cure of opioid withdrawal. It helps keep you off in the long term IMO.
Exactly. My experience as well.