• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids help with 3 day constipation so far and now a nasty headache from codeine

Cheezy

Ex-Bluelighter
the title says it all i took a laxido powder earlier but only managed 2 lil balls i dont know much about these laxido how long they take how many satchets etc obv if the laxido dont work i will prob need med help they r orange powder laxido to mix with water

Maybe try a different brand. Drink plenty of water and eat foods high in fiber. If the problem persists, seek medical attention.

- HS

ok i managed to get a movement so prob just overworried ive also never taken laxido before i was just taking codeine for an unrelated pain issue

As per Hopeless Soul - keep yourself really hydrated and to get things flowing buy yourself some 'Microlax' enemas, don't freak out - you twist a little top off squeeze a little of the solution out to lube the tip and you're inserting about a 10cm tip smaller than the diameter of a typical graphite pencil in your bum, trying to run it up alongside your bum loaded nuggets rather than into one of them and then you squeeze the mini toothpaste type bottom on the enema which makes up the base of the 10cm plastic tube up your bum once squeezed you remove and bin it and the solution will shortly within 2:00mins have you running for he toilet. Sometimes it's best to do this in order to get the painful stuff that's much further up.

magnesium. take some every day.
any and all laxatives make me feel horrible while on opiates and arent effective.

When I felt I was pretty close to an impaction (had bad withdrawals and was way too heavy on the lope) and it'd been 5 days since a movement I was advised to drink magnesium citrate (comes in a small 8-12oz bottle on the stomach/laxative isle) and I shit you not (no pun intended lol) within about 30 mins of drinking that I was shitting up a storm. It's what they give you before a colonoscopy I believe so its pretty strong stuff and does the trick.

Thankfully i havent had to take any of these procedures just had to be patient i never knew constipation that people talk about with opiotes could be this bad for such a glorified drugs and i took them as prescribed cant imagine what the stronger ones can do to your bowels

When I felt I was pretty close to an impaction (had bad withdrawals and was way too heavy on the lope) and it'd been 5 days since a movement I was advised to drink magnesium citrate (comes in a small 8-12oz bottle on the stomach/laxative isle) and I shit you not (no pun intended lol) within about 30 mins of drinking that I was shitting up a storm. It's what they give you before a colonoscopy I believe so its pretty strong stuff and does the trick.

yea thats why i said magnesium. you can buy it in pill form or powder form and take a bit every day. it is def not as strong as the prep drink but if you take one of the supplements every day it helps keep things regular.

Miralax is the best for constipation, & since I've been eating a lot of homemade bean soup, I go 3 times a day.

But if beans & fibers aren't your thing, try Miralax.

Squeeze a water bottle in your asshole and lean over your head like you wana cum in your mouth. Then put a bit of conditioner in your asshole to lube it up. Works for me every time.