• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Help Please! Coming off of a benzo lapse, need advice urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill.S

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I have used this forum for advice for years and now need it personally.

FYI, I'm 31 and have been an addict of one form or another since 11. The usual weed to e, ket, trips etc.

I became a full blown alcoholic at 21 (usual parents with abuse issues, problematic childhood etc)

I went into hospital at rock bottom in 2017 with acute pancreatic issues, luckily I just survived and stayed alcohol free for 18 months. I did however heavily cross addict with benzos and had a huge seizure when coming off of huge doses of valium that put me out of action for a month.

I eventually ended up back on the booze, my brother tragically died just as I lapsed so I went into a spiral that ended with readmission for my pancreas, I had numerous seizures while on librium in hospital. Luckily I survived and went straight into rehab February this year.
I completed my 6 month programme and tried to find my way, I was unaware I have ptsd and adhd until recently.

On the 8th of October I started self medicating with ket and valium. I knew where I was headed so contacted my rehab and am now in supported housing.

I have reduced my valium intake to 10mgs in 2.5mg doses as of today, I wasn't taking it every day but did binge up to 40mgs. I know this is not huge but with my history of seizures I am concerned. I have also had two days of light drinking in the last week which I actually detested thank god.

How would you suggest I go about my mini detox as I can't risk seizure. I have access to valium and an old script of librium plus promethazine and anything else otc in the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am so lucky to be here I can't loose it all or have a life changing seizure after everything I've been through.

Thank you for anyone reading and ready to help 🙏

Hi mate, I see you've got this thread duplicated in The Dark Side, and we discourage duplicate threads. I'm going to close this one, and keep the one in The Dark Side open for replies as it is the more appropriate forum for it. All the best <3

Status
Not open for further replies.