Help Needed; Had enough of diazepam

Well, I must of been taking diazepam for almost a decade.

And I can't see a way out, so good luck if you can do it.

I once went a week and it was hell. I couldn't get out of bed.

Yeah its one of the hardest things to get off m8. It is always possible though. I never thought i'd be ever even down to a tiny dose of 10mg a day ever again, but its happened. Eventhough alot of the past year has been terrible and sometimes unable to function. The way to succeed, and you will, is if it is really hard, just taper down by 1 or 2mg over a long period of time. I have always wanted to get off it quicker than I should, and have realised theres no point, cos I just fail.

Truest shit i've read in a long time buddy, i feel ya. I cant imagine a benzo addiction, to be honest i wouldn't know how to. I guess the overall awnser u need is just take baby steps. Don't feel ashamed to take that step no matter how small. Because it keeps you movin even if your mood aint groovin' ;)

Thanks m8 :D

I agree that using short acting benzos constantly is worse than long acting ones, but if you only have anxiety attacks a few times a week, wouldnt it be better to use 3mg of ativan total for a week, 1mg each time, rather than just staying permanently on a low dose of valium trying to pre-empt the anxiety?....In these cases I think there needs to be a distinction between heavy and light use of short acting benzos.....using long acting benzos every few days could, in my mind, possibly lead to more addiction than using short acting a few times a week......unless you try to use short acting to stay medicated constantly anyway, in which case the long acting is better......does that make sense?

Yeah the main benzo for me has been diazepam for the past 6 years, because i've been addicted to pretty much every benzo there is over some period of time (shorter half life ones like xanax, or others including clonazepam, etc). One of my counsellors have told me I may just be someone that has to remain on a low dose of benzo daily, along with my other medications. Although my goal is to be totally off valium eventually, this doesn't really bother me since it is such a small dose now. Except the trouble is, I have to get pickups every second day from the chemist, otherwise I just take them all.