• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Help me figure out what just happened

RandomClean3

Bluelighter
When I was 18 I did morphine + methylphenidate in the same syringe plenty of times. It's been 8 years, mostly sober, and I'm starting to control myself and have experiences as the psychonaut I hace always been but I've had to supress because of my addiction. If I fall too much, I have buprenorphine patches ready to kill any opioid high. So I did my combo again. This time it was 2 x 30 mg morphine ''Morfindol'' extended release pills and 4 10 mg IR methylphenidate pills. Had a lot of trouble preparing, basically I had to reheat to sterelize in the microwave and start over (I used too much cotton, feel free to facepalm). Anyway, there was nothing extraordinary about this shot, except maybe a little loss, and using my belt as tourniquete and finding a vein in a personal record time, push a little faster than normal cause I was uncomfortable. 10 seconds go by, I was looking for my cotton ball to remove the needle without recreating Carrie and it happened...
It started spreading, I could feel it, realizing the tourniquette had gotten loose (thank God). Up my arm, my chest, neck, face, then I feel the needles. I realize I had never felt pin and needles, this almost hurt, the intensity was overwhelming. My face gets hot, the pins and needles stop increasing and the pleasure overwhelms them, and me. I lay in bed pressing the cotton on my arm. Good, pleasurable, oragasm, I can't really describe it that way, it caught me by surprise. It's been 40 minutes and the experience was so powerful I need help figuring out what actually happened. Did one drug overtook the other? Pleasure is now coming in waves. My heartbeat is up but to be expected with the methylphenidate. My eyes close for a second, like very slow blinking, but I'm not nodding off as I would expect with the dosage: I hadn't taken any uppers in over a week, but had been experimenting with morphine. Was it the mix? Can a ''speedball'' really feel so much more intense than the opioid alone?
I had never felt something so intense in my life, I'm freaking out (Or I would be if I didn't have 60 mg of morphine in my system) and can more experienced people help me comprehend what happened? Why it wasn't so mind-shattering intense when it was the morphine alone? My experiences as a teen are forgotten for the most part, I went to rehab right after and was put on antipsychotics for a year, wipping out a lot of memories. I'm just shocked, I thought I had felt this before, it's completely possible I forgot the experience, I forgot the names of my friends after a few months on high dose seroquel, but guys, this has to be unforgettable, it shook me to my very core. It's not something I would repeat without planning, that intense it felt. Any and all friendly input is apreciated, but if my poor, very under the influence description, makes sense to any of you, please tell me about it, this is going to sound strange but until I find a person that understands what I felt, I'll feel alone, and a little bit scared for some reason. Thanks in advance.

I'm going to move this to Other Drugs where you'll get more answers... but yeah from what I understand, a speedball is much more intense than an opiate alone.

TR -> OD

Although unconventional, that is a speedball or somewhat near it. The histamine release, "pins & needles" feeling can grow to a point of being very uncomfortable if you end up using larger doses. I have had it turn into an incapacitating headache that lasted 15 mins while I tried to lay still and keep my pulse as low as possible while writhing in vascular headache pain, and on more than one occasion. Point is an antihistamine beforehand can help if that feeling becomes too much.

More importantly though is not to put this experience on too high a pedestal, it only goes downhill from here and chasing it will lead to nothing good. That taste of bliss will undoubtedly be unforgettable and if repeated it can bring delta FOSb and other addiction reinforcers into play. Best to leave the polydrug play as a once in a blue moon or a one off type thing as pulling out of a speedball-ish type addiction is it's own special kinda hell.

We used to call it the beetroot rush cause your face goes red like a beetroot and feels like its going to explode. It comes from shooting morphine pills.