View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help me figure out how to be more chill when I trip on shrooms

JackalxK88

Greenlighter
So I've just got into shrooms recently and had a couple insane fun times dosing 4g of penis envy. All fine and dandy but I'm too fucking intense with my behavior, speech and actions. Way too hardcore. I wanna have a more chill experience and enjoy my last dose more. I've been drinking Guinness and toking on my trip and thats perfect and beautiful, but Its not letting me chill. Also having really bad sleeping problems when coming down. Not sleeping all night. So do you guys think taking a bit of benzo like ativan would kinda chill out the real hardcore intensity I've been experiencing? Any other suggestions?

Honestly one of the most mellow times on drugs for me was when I took about 50 liberty cap mushrooms and 100mg of good quality MDMA at the same time.
I was apprehensious at first thinking the combo wouldn't work very well, or one would cancel out the other.
But it's not like that, they actually go very well together, the often quite confusing aspect of mushrooms is greatly reduced, and the visuals all felt really calming and tranquil.
I spent while walking around outside at night with pink snow falling from the sky, it wasn't even snowing. lol I think the MDMA just gave me that tranquil feeling to walk through the trippy snow in a complete state of calm. I would recommend it.

The only thing I would say tho is psilcoybin mushrooms grow everywhere where I live, so I just picked them, so they were very fresh, and I wouldn't have taken the E If I hadn't know for certain that it was good quality MDMA.

No harm in having a bezno like Valium on hand for after the trip to help you sleep.

Last edited:
That's funny you say that, I find MDMA + psychedelic combinations to produce a thick fog/confusion that is way less chill than either on its own.

I do find that weed generally doesn't help chill me out, it tends more to intensify the psychedelic effects which could make someone wig out if they're already feeling overwhelmed, so I would try laying off that a bit and see if you feel more chill.

You're also taking a pretty high dose of mushrooms, a lower dose would definitely be less intense but still a full trip

Having benzos on hand during a trip is never really a bad idea, just the thought that they're available can be comforting in a crisis. Just keep in mind that you're dulling the effects across the board

Like above poster says, taking a lower dose will reduce the intensity.

What I do is take a lower dose, the first two hours are still plenty intense, but then during the second phase around the 2-2.5 hour mark I take some GHB and things are super smooth (that's like my favorite combo). Often I will actually do 10mg 4-HO-MET and 1.5ml GBL after two hours, great chill and hedonistic experience :)

Well I ended up lemon taking 2.5 grams of penis envy blobs. I started tripping so hard I had to chant "good heavenly vibes" over and over while the world around me was disappearing. My wife and I weren't looking to go there yet. We had 2mgs of klonopin and immediately after doing that we had a a real cool chill experience just hanging out. Benzo def helps and can bring you down if your too up there.