• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HELP! Friend w 17 yr old son, Wantonly suicidal, mystery RC vial of "Acid" IN ER NOW!

LouDogLBC

Greenlighter
HELP! Friend w 17 yr old son, Wantonly suicidal, mystery RC vial of "Acid" IN ER NOW!

I need your help, anyone know of a RC that lasts about 3-4 days, psychedelic, I can't imagine this kid is this high for that long on LSD!
It's a vial, his gf has it, he says he sees the light and just wants to cross over, cold but suicidal, really strange... Sorry if this somehow violates the rules, but in the interest of life preservation, ANYONE? I don't have more details yet, hospital hasn't bothered testing yet bc they thought it was JUST lsd. Seriously. I can't figure that out, but I CAN run a marquis, etc, NID reagent test, if I can get my hands on one... In the PNW. Thanks :(

I don't know, he won't talk to the adults, only druggie friends, not to be dismissive, but her words, not mine; I'm not at the scene, haven't had a chanced to interview him till they put him in psyche ward tomorrow; however, I am led to believe it was Dropped, liquid, or blotter then dropped that, either way, not much help, I know; I am probably the only person who can transcend this situ due to actually being an adult, but having.... experiences... with friends of friends; ahhh, you guys don't care about that. I will be gathering as much info as I can if/when i see him... Thanks ALL, Namaste

I'm sorry but it is not our place to identify the drug.
Making guesses over the internet will not help this kid; he cannot be treated based on a guess alone
A definite answer cannot be gained from reagent tests, a professional lab must analyze it.
Regardless, he is in the hospital so he is in good care; if he is in the psych ward they likely have him on suicide watch.
I doubt he is still high after 4 days, he probably just had a very difficult experience and is having adverse mental reactions.
This is extremely uncommon but not unheard of.
I wish him a full recovery and that everything turns out okay.

A huge overdose of DOM could last that long, as was discovered by numerous participants at the 1967 San Francisco Be-In (see PIHKAL #68). Possibly another DOx substance. Other than that, I have no idea.

I hope he gets better. <3

I know it's not possible to POSITIVELY ID anything, even in person, easily, or drug dealers... bah. I just want to help NARROW the likeliest possibilities down as we move forward. This is an active, dynamic situation, and before the kid succeeds, I'd rather use EVERY way possible to stop him. Even if it's not what someone else might do. She seemed confidant that I was the only person actually involved who even got the issue here, they moved him from 3 hospitals, fourth room 2mro in the Psyche, sedatives etc, I have had friends worse, but this is a KID... I see no reason to not put forth all the knowledge of you all, here... I stay to the shadows, but names such as F&B are well-known, friends. I just want to figure out where this kid is coming from. I may have to obtain a sample to test the only way I can, but I will be staying posted.
Thanks, and light and prayers for all

Yes absolutely use reagent tests.
Ehrlichs reagent will rule out phenethylamines such as 2c-x, DOx, and 25x-NBOMe.
If that shows positive for phenethylamines you can use marquis and mecke reagent tests to further narrow it down although the accuracy with these psychedelics is limited, however we as a forum are not allowed to speculate on the ID of a drug.
To me however your strategy seems a little retroactive, please try not to be offended by me saying that.
The kid has already taken the drug and it has likely quit having an effect on him already aside from the prolonged mental side effects.
Furthermore knowing the ID of the drug will do nothing to provide a strategy for how to help his current mental state.
I get you're worried, that is very understandable but the psych ward along with therapy, counselling, and keeping a close eye on him seems like the best bet.

not a octor but my first first lsd trip lasted 72 hours but that may have been due to the inclusion of alcohol, weed, and adderal

perhaps the drug itself has worn off, but he has had a spiritual type experience that is still continuing.

"kundalini/prana" awakenings can be brought about by psychedelic experiences.

whatever is going on I can only advise to let him know that yes, the light is beautiful, yes the otherside is so enticing and wonderful. But he has been there before and will be there again.

He is here now though,for many reasons. It was his decision to be here at this time, and he has things to do on this earth. He has a life to live. No matter how painful it may seem, he is doing many (on both sides) proud by his courage to continue living in a "reality" that seems pointless and evil. Tell him to remember the light and the love. That his point of existing is to bring that awareness he longs for so much right now to others. It would be selfish to leave. We are here to bring awareness to those in need. Please stay and live your life. It is a commitment we make, but the name of the game is we must forget to play.

I have been where he is to a certain extent (as in psych ward in a hospital after a psych. experience w/ someone watching me sleep), so pass this on as one druggie to another.

No matter how beautiful it seems "on the other side", you will get there eventually. Just not right now. We are all exactly right where we are supposed to be, doing what we are supposed to (and chose to do before we incarnated into this life). It is hard because it feels so right to want to leave this life. But now is not the right time, he has much left to do here and it will all make sense in time.

i tried to pm you, but your box is full. Pm me if would like.

Last edited:
not a octor but my first first lsd trip lasted 72 hours but that may have been due to the inclusion of alcohol, weed, and adderal

72 hours...that wasn't LSD...sounds more like BDF or something of that ilk.
If weed, booze and speed could potentiate an acid trip to last three days then EVERYBODY would be getting drunk, smoking herb and taking amphetamines prior to tripping...

Knowing about side-effects and how long they last may help, with some psychedelics effects may be lessened by anti-psychotics but with other ones I imagine you need to remedy e.g. seizures.
I don't want to speculate but still point out a few things while ephasizing that this is not meant to suggest we know what compound was taken.

3-4 days is unusual for normal doses of just about any psychedelic, you would need to take an overdose of something... and the halflife of the drug would determine how long your body takes to clear the drug. Longer lasting psychedelics with longer halflives would need a relatively 'lower overdose', but that's all. However, most long lasting psychedelics like DOX or Bromo-Dragonfly are a lot more dangerous physically to overdose on than say LSD...
So again: I'd check for physical side-effects, not really to try and guess what drug it must have been but mostly to treat the symptoms... and waiting for the reagent tests before considering targeted medication to help with the critical mental effects.
May I also point out that potent dissociatives may not be ruled out, unless of course you can for some reason. Some of those can cause quite psychotic episodes and a number of them have long halflives.

I suggest that this thread be closed since little besides speculation (which A can be very dangerous and B we cannot take responsibility for as a forum) can be offered, but that you contact a mod like me immedialy if you can update with useful information to discuss... it must be pointed out one last time that if we can help you, I believe we ought to - that must truly be HR, but until then, let us take the request for help with identification away, and be a support forum here.

It's true that we don't speculate on the IDs of drugs... the reason being, how could we possibly know? It's unlikely he is still acutely affected by the drug after all this time, but I'm sure he's been really thrown for a loop. Given the duration (which must have been long regardless), it's most likely a DOX or bromo-dragonfly, which are very long-lasting drugs that can easily passed off as LSD since their dosages are very low... but the only way to tell for SURE is to send it to a lab... using reagents to narrow it down would give more information than nothing and could give you a fairly accurate ID even.

However I'm sure your friend is out of the woods in terms of physical danger. The issue now is that he is having trouble mentally/emotionally as a result of the trip. In terms of dealing with that, knowing which drug it was really makes no difference. It's probably best that he is in the care of professionals right now.

He is here now though,for many reasons. It was his decision to be here at this time, and he has things to do on this earth. He has a life to live. No matter how painful it may seem, he is doing many (on both sides) proud by his courage to continue living in a "reality" that seems pointless and evil. Tell him to remember the light and the love. That his point of existing is to bring that awareness he longs for so much right now to others. It would be selfish to leave. We are here to bring awareness to those in need. Please stay and live your life. It is a commitment we make, but the name of the game is we must forget to play.

I have been where he is to a certain extent (as in psych ward in a hospital after a psych. experience w/ someone watching me sleep), so pass this on as one druggie to another.

No matter how beautiful it seems "on the other side", you will get there eventually. Just not right now. We are all exactly right where we are supposed to be, doing what we are supposed to (and chose to do before we incarnated into this life). It is hard because it feels so right to want to leave this life. But now is not the right time, he has much left to do here and it will all make sense in time.

It looks to me that a lot of people leave without feeling much deeper sense anyway. Perhaps it's pointless to leave early but perhaps at some point you can also realise that your decision to come at the time you've come was wrong too. Every day I wake up, I am depressed and it's mostly because the way this world functions makes it almost impossible for me to be truly happy and satisfied. I'd love to help change this world but I have a feeling that trying to do this might actually be pointless, the majority of people are so rooted in the system of this malfunctioning world that the chance they will kill me at some point after I start "helping" them is very high. I've realised that the foundations of our world are wrong and it's never going to be all right unless we erase them completely, because they are there only to divide. Money doesn't matter, social status doesn't matter, basically all the stuff you're made to believe matters in reality doesn't matter at all. Yet if you decide to live in this world, you have no choice but to pursue them anyway, otherwise you won't survive. And does it matter to survive?

It looks to me that a lot of people leave without feeling much deeper sense anyway. Perhaps it's pointless to leave early but perhaps at some point you can also realise that your decision to come at the time you've come was wrong too. Every day I wake up, I am depressed and it's mostly because the way this world functions makes it almost impossible for me to be truly happy and satisfied. I'd love to help change this world but I have a feeling that trying to do this might actually be pointless, the majority of people are so rooted in the system of this malfunctioning world that the chance they will kill me at some point after I start "helping" them is very high. I've realised that the foundations of our world are wrong and it's never going to be all right unless we erase them completely, because they are there only to divide. Money doesn't matter, social status doesn't matter, basically all the stuff you're made to believe matters in reality doesn't matter at all. Yet if you decide to live in this world, you have no choice but to pursue them anyway, otherwise you won't survive. And does it matter to survive?

It does matter to survive, if youre chasing something, and find motiovation and enjoyment. I agree with all you said, and feel the same way, have you seen the zeitgeist movement? Listened to Peter Joseph or Jaque Fresco? In my case there is something that has kept me alive, i cant leave a wound so deep in the hearts of my brothers/fathers. But i feel so out of tune in this world and realize that we dont know what are we doing here, so just pushing the off button somtimes seems like a beautiful Rest in Peace.

One thought that makes me feel full of hope sometimes, is literally not caring about what anybody feels or says about your life. But its imposible for me to apply it, life would be much easier for me if i was abble to actually not care at all, all the traumas ive had wouldnt affect me as i wouldnt care at all of the company of others, and their comments or opinions. I would never feel vulnerable to anyones opinion, so i wouldnt let nobody outside myself put me down, no matter what happens.

Nobody here is going to know just what he took that was not LSD.

I hope he is OK. Tell the hospital to test for research chemicals and that he took one of those.

A very, very similar situation just recently occurred with my fiancee's 17 year old brother. It turned out he was doing a multitude of drugs, including LSD, MDMA, "anything and everything" according to the text messages on his confiscated phone, and apparently was doing PCP (aka "sherm") daily, potentially addicted. This too, occurred in the PNW as well. I won't make a stretch and say they are potentially related events, but I know drug use is quite rampant out here, and it seems among this younger generation, the more obscure drugs you do, the cooler you are. I've been to "raves" and music events out here where most participants are anywhere from 16-22 years old and you can tell that not only is it ALL about the drugs, but these kids are so reckless and stupid with it, not to mention WILDLY under-informed about what they're doing, it blows my mind.

As said 100 times already, there's no way we can help you ID it, but maybe we can help you down the path. Read up on phencyclidine and the lasting effects it can have from habitual use, this may help you. This too, comes in liquid form, the user dips cigarettes in it and then smokes the cigarette.

Last edited:
To be honest, this type of phenomena could happen with any psychedelic. Or stimulant for that matter. I've seen people get stuck for days off of LSD, too, so I wouldn't discount anything. I once stayed on MDPV and Phenazepam for over a week and had severe psychosis for about 6 days upon cessation, in a mental hospital on the suicide floor, mind you. So i'm not sure what you're going to end up figuring out, but i wish you the best.

If he had a really long trip like that (>40 hours) he'd also get all the symptoms of sleep deprivation (paranoia, short-term memory loss) that come with that. So I wouldn't rule that out as a description.

Suggestion: just let him be sober for a while. They're probably gonna want to give him antipsychotics and it's probably not necessary.

Source: personal experience.

Last edited:

Yah, I wonder the same things, and feel the exact same way. It's really hard to keep on in this world. I think about killing myself pretty frequently. If it weren't for the nagging suspision that I will not be escaping anything, but will have to deal with the same shit in possibly more abundance I don't know that I would still be here. A thought popped into my head today that "you won't be happy until you are dead or locked back up again will you". I just can't figure out a way to "be" in this world. I just don't fucking get it. I can't even seem to communicate about anything real with the vast majority of people I come in contact with. It's like we are living in two different worlds.

I took ~30mg each of 2c-e, 4 aco dmt, and mxe rectally a few years back. I asked to see the people/entities or whatnot that are my "family" and that help me and watch out for me. Almost immediatly I felt more than a few "prescenses". Began to communicate, then my cat freaked out, I freaked out, ended up eating like 60mg etiz (give or take, still not sure). Literally laid down and willed myself to sleep with the encouragement of a group of "entities". Like it was like "5,4,3,2,1 sleep" but I retained full conciousness. I guess like WILD or yogi type sleep. I remember immediatly being surrounded by a lot of "things/people" in some type of chamber. They were like "what the fuck are you doing here again, what is it with you and these drugs, you need to be living your life, you signed up to do this shit so do it"

There is a whole lot more to that, I get bits and pieces remembered every once in a while. It seemed completely serious while also being the grandest joke ever. Like they were SUPER pissed, and then started laughing the more I was sorry/ashamed. Like it's JUST A FUCKING PLAY TO ENTERTAIN US. Was weird. I begged for permission to experience what there was to be experienced for just one night. Remember doing all type of shit with a bunch of people who seemed suprised I didn't remember them or know what the fuck was going on. Kept going back to this chamber type place, almost like I was having my progress reviewed by a panel or something. Telling me what I was supposed to be doing with my life etc etc.

At the very end, whatever they were telling me/showing me had me cowering down, huddled in a ball, begging and pleading "just let me go back. I won't do it again, I'm sorry. Please let me finish what I started, please let me go back"... then I woke up and it was like 10 hours later from when I started the whole ordeal. I think about it sometimes, wondering if I was given the choice to die or come back at that point. It really seems like it. Whatever the fuck was going on, after what seemed like an eternity of experiencing what there was to see in the vastness of reality/theuniverse etc, I chose, nay, BEGGED to come back to my shit life here on earth. Like, out of all the shit there is to do in the entirety of existence, this is exactly where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing. It's so fucking weird to think about.

Oh, when I woke up there was a huge hole in my wall I don't remember making. About ten days later this hole played a very strange piece in the "you are going psychotic from using way to many drugs and not giving a fuck and now it's time to go to prison" play that is my life. As in, if that hole had not been there, there is a very large likely hood I would not be a convicted felon right now. Then again who knows what else could have happened? It's fucking uncanny the way the pieces fit together though.

I said all that to say this. Maybe it's okay to suicide, maybe it's not. I have no clue. This life is so much pain, it seems so foreign and wrong. I have to keep holding on though because of shit like what i just wrote. There is too much in my life screaming at me that I am here to fucking do something... Maybe it's different case by case, but I feel that even though it doesn't seem like it, this life is such a blessing of opportunity to grow and learn that we will immediatly laugh about when we leave.... So maybe it's the same for you, for all of us. We're all supposed to be here. Or maybe some of us are supposed to come, say fuck it, and leave early. Who knows, I guess I will hold on as long as I can.

or maybe i am just a rambler and make no sense. Move along, there is nothing to see here. Continue on with your dreams of oil and iphones and vapid glittery gold goodness.

/thread derail