• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction HELP! Dried blood in rig

Cockbars

Greenlighter
Hi, unfortunately under the easter i have had no chance to use needle exchange because they are closed, so i have re used needle. It is very dull at this point antd i can only hit in one spot that skin is already scarred, yeah i know very fucking stupid and it is starting collapse i think, it doesnt register very well anymore. Anyway, i cooked up the rig and plunge in hot water about 20 minutes in atoce, took some hot water after that and ”spruited” the water few times to see if any dried blood that have stained the plastic part of rig comes out. Nothing came so i did my fix, but when i was almost done i didnt finish it all bcs o wasnt sure i was in vein. So i checked the plunge and saw these dried blood leaves bottom of the plunge and kind of freaked out. I have no idea how the hell they got out of the plastic part, bcs i did the water wash like 10 times before and nothing came and the loquid was clean when i started to hit the shot (i always check the shot after filteriation that there isnt ant haira or particles that dont belong there).

So anyway, im kinda freaking now if some of those small bits of blood did got through my bloodstream, how scared should i be and what diseases excactly? Is there chance to get like blood clot in brain? I didnt got cotton fever, or the site doesnt feel infectious and i mostly feel fine, i have bit of headache and eyesight is blurred but i have contact lenses and dry eyes so it can be just that now. But yeah, this was like 5 minute after i did cook the rig and plunge in hot water like 30 minute so should the bacteria in the dried blood also die? Please, i appreciate some advices what ro do! I can go to the exchange center next time in wednesday and see medicals there and ask, i cant risk going ER if it isnt very very necessary

I'm gonna guess that you will be fine. You needed to use the dull needle so what's done is done. You already injected and wrote the post after the fact. If you think about the chemicals and cuts and impurities that people are putting in their veins these days whats a few little blood particles. I mean that's probably the least of your worries as your'e injecting a substance that could easily have all kinds of skin cells, dirt, dust.....all kinds of particles from whoever's house processed the cut. If you aren't getting the brick then you are getting something that has at least 20 or more people's hands all over it. People that have taken a dump and then portioned out little baggies.

In that respect I would take a few of my own blood particles any day.

You'll be fine. Don't panic. Get ya some new needles when you can and be kind to yourself. Lots of addicts do un-hygienic things when they are desperate.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've done this, and worse.

It's definitely not recommended, but is somewhat par for the course when in the grip of an IV habit...

You wouldn't believe how many times I've done this, and worse.

It's definitely not recommended, but is somewhat par for the course when in the grip of an IV habit...
Hi, and thanks for the reply! So you didnt got any infections about that? I dont feel so horrible today so i think im gonna be fine, thankfully.

I'm gonna guess that you will be fine. You needed to use the dull needle so what's done is done. You already injected and wrote the post after the fact. If you think about the chemicals and cuts and impurities that people are putting in their veins these days whats a few little blood particles. I mean that's probably the least of your worries as your'e injecting a substance that could easily have all kinds of skin cells, dirt, dust.....all kinds of particles from whoever's house processed the cut. If you aren't getting the brick then you are getting something that has at least 20 or more people's hands all over it. People that have taken a dump and then portioned out little baggies.

In that respect I would take a few of my own blood particles any day.

You'll be fine. Don't panic. Get ya some new needles when you can and be kind to yourself. Lots of addicts do un-hygienic things when they are desperate.
Hi and thank you! I calmed down a bit. Im hust always scared the worse… and yeah, im from finland so i mostly just shoot buprenorphine. Yeah, i know it is very stupid but im addicted to the needle and it is mostly the only opioid around here which is cheap compared to oxycontin and all those.

Also, i have another problem, idk if it just the dull needle but everywhere i try to register i sont get blood, and they doesnt even bleed. If i get chance to fet even the tiniest bit of blood and doesnt feel pain, i push the plunger but i dont get any blood coming out. Even if it is fresh spot. Is this a sign of something? Ive made sure that im well hydrated, use heat and tourniquet.

Also, i have another problem, idk if it just the dull needle but everywhere i try to register i sont get blood, and they doesnt even bleed. If i get chance to fet even the tiniest bit of blood and doesnt feel pain, i push the plunger but i dont get any blood coming out. Even if it is fresh spot. Is this a sign of something? Ive made sure that im well hydrated, use heat and tourniquet.
I've never shot up but as far as I know ....when you insert the needle and draw back to make sure you are in the vein....you should see blood coming into the syringe. If you aren't seeing blood when you pull back on the plunger....you aren't in the vein. Maybe that's why your arm is in such bad shape. Maybe you are missing your shots.

i really feel your pain brother.I also sometimes shot buoe, i know its stupod af.But qhen i couldn't get my fix .I used to shoot up a small dose of bupe