• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP! Am I at risk of gangrene due to venous damage?

HelpMePLZ

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I've shot up about .4 g of Cocaine over the last few hours. I might have missed a few times, since I noticed a slight numbness in the left crook of my elbow (my go-to vein). After my last shot 5 hours ago, I noticed a swelling on my forearm, just below the crook of my elbow. My skin feels bloated and puffy, but it's not painful: if I push against it, it feels pretty much like dough. With this swelling, I've also lost the ability to feel my vein, since the skin is all puffy (the vein sticks out in the crook area though)

The injection site is tender, yet still a little numb. I'm pretty sure that's due to the coke. There is nothing indicating internal bleeding, no bruises or else. I'd say my left hand is slightly paler than the right one however, and that worries me!!! On the one hand, the temperature of my arm is normal, there's no reddening and no numbness anywhere in my left extremity, which should all speak against gangrene right? Also, I heard gangrene is accompanied by pain. Is that right? Like I said above, I can move my arm freely and I only feel a very slight dull throbbing when I push my vein down.

So what do you guys say?!

I say you need to get to a hospital because it's better to be safe than sorry. It could be a minor infection but if that's the case and it's left untreated, it could turn into something uglier and you don't wanna lose the function of your arm.

I don't think it's as serious as gangrene though. But I am not a medical professional.