• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hello all

pinkspacebrew

Greenlighter
I've been clean off Heroin, Meth, Crack, Xanax and basically everything I could fit in a needle or pipe for 3 years. Recently my doctor switched my meds from concerta(shitty cocaine basically) to Adderall IR 10mg x3 a day and 60 5mg Valium(weak, I know) a month. Well, Adderall is pretty nice, at first, now I feel like I'm already unable to stop taking the shit. And I'm down to about 12 Valiums because I've found that I rather enjoy the combined feeling of the two. I have about 3 weeks left until my next appointment and I am worried about going into withdrawal from the valium because I've been there with Xanax and its a pretty shitty experience. Any tips or suggestions of how to approach this would be much appreciated.

*Edit: I was switched from concerta to Adderall because the side effects of Concerta blow, I hardly ever abused them but they put me in a shitty mood and made me very irritable.

Hey pinkspacebrew - welcome from all of us here at Bluelight :)

You should find it fairly easy to drop the adderall (and you could also easily taper it down by breaking the pills up more). The valium could be more tricky, though your dose fortunately isn't excessive.

I'm going to move this over to Sober Living in the hopes the folks there can give you some more tailored advice.

Best of luck!
CFC

Thank you, I used to be prescribed 8mg of Xanax a day and would abuse them, especially when going WD from Heroin. I just remember the "electric shock" feeling I would get after I would run out of my monthly script. I really don't want to go through that again and I'm not going to refill the valium script, unless I start getting seizures again.

How long have you been taking the diazepam?

How much diazepam would you normally take?

How often would you normally take it?

I've been taking the diazepam for about a couple months, I've found success from cravings and withdrawals from using kratom though. I honestly feel much better since using kratom and I am alternating my use to every other day. I have 2 5mg tablets of diazepam left (I burned through a months supply pretty fast) in case I start to feel the electric shock feeling or start having a seizure but I haven't felt those yet. I used to have a bad addiction to Xanax and I don't wanna go back down that road. such a lame drug to be addicted to with such little recreational value.