View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Heirarchy of LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of reasons one would want to synthesize an analogue of some sort. Mainly, that it might be possible to get out of the situation should you be busted. If you are caught manufacturing LSD, its pretty cut and dry whats going to happen. If you are caught with a novel analogue, it has to be proven that it is an analogue, and that its an analogue as defined by the law.

Its also possible that one could make an analogue of some sort more stealthily (or using things more available to the chemist) than s/he could make LSD, and sell that or cut real LSD with it.

Its also possible that there are novel analogues produced, that are not talked about by the chemist or discussed in the literature.

I did not have any of these points in mind, fizz. Thanks for pointing them out, as I said, I could be wrong.

My latest purple blotter had a very bitter taste to it, caused mild nausea, took about two hours to kick in, and then lasted another 12 or so. I don't believe it was LSD. Drugs in general effect me quickly - I'll be tripping on mushrooms within a half hour - so I was surprised when the so-called fast-acting LSD took so long....that can't be right....

I believe it was 5-meo-amt, a drug which is active at about a milligram.

Have any of you run into a similar situation?

^^
I have had blotters that took 45 minutes to reach a +++ and others that took 2 hours to reach the same level. It had nothing to do with potency, but in some cases the difference in onset time was also noted by everyone who sampled blotters from the same batch.

In each case there was no reason to question that it was LSD because it was obviously an LSD trip.

But if you say it tasted really bitter and made you nauseous, could very well have been something other than LSD (probably 5-meo-amt).

I have never had LSD that was 5-meo-amt. I have taken 5-meo-amt so if I got some blotter with 5-meo-amt I would probably know what was up. How intense was your experience? Also, how big was the blotter. Sometimes I get nausea off from LSD, and sometimes it takes a long time to kick in. It also lasts 12+ hours sometimes, so there is really no telling what you got. 1mg of 5-meo-amt isnt a very strong trip for me, it takes 5-10mg for me to have a good trip. You very well might have gotten 5-meo-amt. If you have taken real LSD before, then it isnt too hard to distinguish the two, although at a very low dose, 5-meo-amt feels somewhat like a low dose of lsd. I would think only about 1mg could fit on a normal sized blotter. To answer your question, no I havent run into a similar situation but it has happened.

My knowledge of the actual synthesis of LSD and its analogues is limited only to the writings of others that have come before me. As I have never attempted such a feat my opinions on such matters may be severely flawed, however, I have yet to run across conclusive evidence to prove or disprove some of the assumptions mentioned in this thread. The lack of conclusive testing data has left me to believe there is much we still do not know for certain.

As you pointed out Fast, an LSD synth should result in a finite amount of compounds. A percentage of this being d-lsd and the rest being made up of what I will simply refer to as “other stuff”. It’s at this point where things, IMO, get somewhat murky.
This article - http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_article1.shtml - briefly touches on what is known about this “other stuff “(some of which was never positively identified).

Another article somewhere discusses testing results from acid samples submitted through the 70’s. Again, d-lsd + “other stuff” preset, but the testing methods, what exactly was tested for, etc. still leaves a good bit of doubt about what is present and could it impact ones experience.

In retrospect, my assumption one could accidentally produce an lsd analog may very well be wrong. My interpretation of the Tihkal passage was that the defendants had to have produced LSD at one point in time to get to the end product ALD-52, and that is why they were convicted. If this progression were accurate, it’s very possible someone could unintentionally produce ald instead of lsd. But, as I said, my familiarity with such matters is limited.

Excellent link. Here's a quote which jumped out at me as being pertinent to this thread:

Interestingly, people who submitted samples to PharmChem also often submitted comments about whether they believed that the acid contained “speed” or “strychnine”. Although no strychnine was ever detected in any of the submitted samples—and only a few tested positive for methamphetamine—PharmChem reported that the more LSD that was present in a dose unit, the more likely the submitter was to think it contained strychnine.

I'm not a complete skeptic on this subject, but...name me one known possible impurity from LSD synthesis which is active at a sub-milligram level!

If this progression were accurate

If they had a viable route that didn't go via the LSD stage, you'd think they would be shouting about it to everyone in sight, because that would have been the proof that they hadn't needed to manufacture a controlled drug in manufacturing ALD-52. In that sort of a position, I know I'd be telling everyone.

As for the 'other stuff', they do have affinities for the same sort of receptors (dopamine, noradrenaline & serotonin), just a different ratio of activities (some more active at dopaminergic receptors etc). Considering how 'naked' LSD makes you feel, even small changes in neurotransmitter activity may be strongly reflected in the tone and content of the experience

Marijuana products don't even compare though. Many of the contituent chemicals other than THC are there in psychoactive levels (they should be/are expected to be there).

"E" pills are a shot in the dark.

Cannabis contains multiple psychoactive drugs, every plant and even different buds on the same plant are going to have different ratios of chemicals. There is no difference between "molly" and pills though. It's placebo effect.

impurities may not have effect at sub-milligram level, but if you are eating 10+ milligrams of LSD crystal like these guys (Chinacat and others) were doing, thats where they do have effect

I am firmly in the "purity matters" camp. The argument that none of the LSD isomers or analogs (or other impurities) are psychoactive in the microgram range misses the point. These substances can have affinity with neurotransmitter sites, and while doing nothing by themselves, block LSD in either a random or systematic manner. It is not only possible, it's probable that this would have an effect on the quality of the experience.

My LSD experience went from 1975 - 1985 - over that time I took LSD more than 100 times. My first experience was an "orange barrel" (small pill) doubtless produced in the UK by Richard Kemp (google "Operation Julie"). Kemp had devised a synthesis that yielded extremely high purity LSD. This trip was extremely clean and produced breathtaking hallucinations.

In the subsequent 100+ LSD experiences, only once did I get that "feeling once again" (As Pink Floyd would sing). Other times, even taking three or four blotters, the trip would be strong, but the bodyload and the mindfuck get in the way.

The exception was "red dragon" blotters, circa 1980, Melbourne, which had a similar clean, hallucinogenic feel, albeit not nearly as strong as the Kemp product.

My drug taking days are long gone - I only hang around here because I have a vicarious interest in the topic. But it does surprise me when I see threads about whether people see "shit that isn't there". Believe me, if you take pure LSD, you'll see lots of stuff that "isn't there"!

My first experience was an "orange barrel" (small pill) doubtless produced in the UK by Richard Kemp

Yeah, one of my first experiences of LSD was an orange barrel as well. Don't know if it was the quality of the LSD, or the surroundings at the time (Stonehenge, before it got nasty), but it was one of the most anxiety/body load free trips I've ever had with LSD

Coolio said:
There is no difference between "molly" and pills though. It's placebo effect.

I was actually talking between the difference in different"pure mdma powder batches" regarding bodyload, like jaw clenching/tremoring...

also between pure mdma pills there are differences, that I have experienced, differences that are still there after taking the same pill on different occasions..

I'm sure I'm right, even if I'm not it's my personal truth then 8)

edit: with pure I mean only mdma and it's analogues

Originally posted by fastandbulbous
Yeah, one of my first experiences of LSD was an orange barrel as well. Don't know if it was the quality of the LSD, or the surroundings at the time (Stonehenge, before it got nasty), but it was one of the most anxiety/body load free trips I've ever had with LSD

My first experience also was with Orange Sunshine Barrow. This was way back in 1970!

The only thing that even came "CLOSE" to the cleanness and vivid visuals was 4-way (amber looking) windowpanes from SF CA in the early 70's and White lighting barrows in the early 80's!

I talked with Bear > (Augustus Owsley Stanley III, but known to most simply as Owsley or Bear) about the Orange Sunshine Barrows; that where all over San Francisco CA, bay area! Bear told me that it was not made by him but buy Tim Skully. He said it was PURE very pure and it was 250ug per barrow!

i've had about 300 trips till LSD dried up a few years ago, 5 to be exact. My last trip was with Black pyramid windowpane made by Picard, coming from Petaluma CA.

To bad the potency and cleanness was sacrificed, in place of profits! and the difficulty and expense of acquiring quality lab equipment and chemicals needed to make LSD. One hit really was all you needed back then! What happened?

Apparently most of you folks reading Bluelight really never had LSD as it was intended to be taken. PURE/Clean

My conclusion, 100% pure; Freshly & properly stored LSD, is very rear to find. I hope It reappears as technology and techniques becomes more refined!
Cheers

I think it will, at least occasionally.

I've tasted from two seperate batches that stood far above the rest (of maybe 15-20 different kinds of L I've tried so far) and one of those batches just happens to be in wide circulation right now.

If you find any of that you're in for a treat =D

Status
Not open for further replies.