• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Heavy poppy seed tea withdrawal thread-Need some info!

Want2BDone

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not. I've been a lurker for over ten years and finally feel like its time to post.

I have been using a very strong brand of PST daily for four or five months. I would estimate my daily morphine intake to be at least 250mg.

Two days ago I attempted to detox at an inpatient clinic and got 48 hours in before I had to leave. I was an IV heroin user for 3 years solid and the detox was NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS. I was clean for three years from opiates until I found this stuff. I kept telling myself it was going to be just on the weekends, or once a week. You know how that goes.

I have a kilo of kratom, could probably get some bud, and vitamins and stuff.

This morning when I left the rehab I went and bought some crappy store bought seeds but a brand i knew would get me out with withdrawal. It got rid of a lot of it and I know I'm going to have to start over. The long half life of PST makes this so much more challenging that I ever thought it would be. But I have to do it.

I did find a subxone doctor a few hours away who takes my insurance and will be going through that program as soon as possible. But for now, I'm going to kick it. If I get through it enough where i don't think I will need subs I might skip that, but I know myself and ill probably just get hooked on kratom.

This kratom is also high quality. So I know this will help. Does anyone else here have any experience with PST withdrawal?? I just want to hear some feedback from someone who has maybe gone through PST withdrawal or even Poppy Pod Withdrawal since I feel like they are the same. (My brand of Poppy seeds is VERY VERY POTENT and anyone who doesnt think it stack up to other opioids is just plain wrong. I think its MUCH WORSE) or even anyone who is going through it right now?

Just some input from anyone with PST or PPT use would be appreciated!

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. Thanks guys.

Hey Want2BDone. I think we can help. I don't know what to say at the moment. I'll do what I can, but in the mean time, look around the withdrawal threads. I'll let other mod's know to check this out.

Thank you. I've always been hesitant to post for fear or not getting any replies. I appreciate it.

I've never used PST before, but I did use black tar heroin for a long time, which being a crude form of heroin, it's probably similar in terms of withdrawal. I think the problem with the withdrawals from PPT or crude tar heroin is that there are other alkaloids from the opium besides just morphine and codeine, because despite the dope being worse in terms of quality compared to ECP which is what I used when I was living in NYC, the withdrawals from tar were way worse. I also found that it took massive dosages of methadone to even get me out of withdrawal from a 1-1.5g/day IV habit. I would need to take about 70mg of methadone to feel 'well', 30mg wouldn't do shit (literally they once gave me 30mg in Alta Bates hospital and I was still kicking hardcore), 45mg, barely noticeable.

Back in the day though, when I was on the east coast, 30mg would have had me feeling well, 70mg would have me pretty high. The only explanation I can come up with is that tar has other alkaloids that ECP doesn't, which is why the withdrawals are worse and the methadone is less effective.

I would imagine that the kratom should at least take you out of withdrawals. If I were you I would make tea out of it, it works faster that way and it's effects are more noticeable. I've been taking it via T&W lately, and I really can't get anything out of it this way. For some reason the tea makes a big difference though. When I kicked that tar habit kratom worked pretty well, it did more for my withdrawals than 15mg of oxycodone, or 400mg of tramadol could achieve, that's for sure.

You might end up getting hooked on the kratom, but IMO it's a lot better to be addicted to kratom then to be addicted to Suboxone. Suboxone's withdrawals are way worse and more drawn out. The only upside I see to Buprenorphine treatment over kratom is that Bupe has the super long half life, so at the right dose you only have to take it 1-2x a day.

I'm starting to get interested in PST..I wonder if it would do anything for me with my current tolerance to kratom. I know everyone says that kratom is a weak drug, but for some reason I have a hard time believing that-I mean yeah you have to take grams of it, but only 2% of the plant matter is made up of active alkaloids, so when you look at it that way...anyway, I don't want to get off topic.

Other good medications:
-Loperamide
-Clonodine
-Gabapentin
-Lyrica
-Zanaflex

I'm definitely not trying to play devils advocate here but I know that PST has a pretty weak rep around here. I can tell you with ten years of experience that PST is stronger and harder than ANY heroin or pill combination. You just have to get the right seeds man. If you look around its not hard to find the best source.

I can say this though. The seeds ive been using, Ive been weighing out 200g of seeds per day and I would estimate that to have at least a 300mg morphine and at least 400mg of codeine. Thebaine is the only downside. It can cause some anxiety and dampen the euphoria. But, it is NOT something to mess around with. I was worried that the weak rep PST has around here would garner some criticism. But its true.

Another thing, my habit of 300mg of morphine per day is only costing me 4 dollars a day. No joke. It feels like a loophole or something guys.

Thanks for the input though. I love seeing replies and hearing from other people. Every little bit helps.

Also, I figured out that the weak seeds I took earlier were not what took the edge off for me, it was the 15g kratom dose I took after that...I'm an idiot because its six hours later and im in WD again...fuckkkk.

I used to be addicted to poppy pods back in 2004-2008. The withdrawals were absolutely crippling at times. The pods ramped my tolerance up way above most of the people I knew who used black tar heroin given the price of them. 50 dollars used to last me a month using the pods. Then they became much harder to find and much more expensive. Been on bupe ever since. I did have some luck tapering down using codeine and the poppy pod stems/seeds. I also used a combination of 75 mg of DXM per day combined with clonadine. At one point for a few months I was able to comfortable taper this way. I got my tolerance down to about 30 mg of of over the counter codeine per day at one point. That was years ago.

Last edited:
The best thing about all this is you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel as you have been through this before.

Just know you will be okay soon and each day it will get better.

Have you tried kratom to curb your withdrawal symptoms?

I normally wouldn't suggest this but you can do what I did to get off suboxone. I switched to heroin and tapered off of that. It was very difficult and lots of times I really wanted to get high but couldn't, but part of getting off the shit is self regulating. After tapering I could not stop obsessing about using so I checked myself into rehab. You may need this to get your life back together. Just remember this is a last ditch effort if everything you have tried has failed. It took me years to get to this point. I tried everything. NA/AA, Bupe maintenance, changing my geography, changing jobs...it was for naught though. What it boils down to is what level of use you the individual are comfortable with, and what you are willing to do to get there.

Be good to yourself man.