View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides HEAVY LSD USE IN ADOLESCENCE

Lazurus

Greenlighter
I'll preface with , I'm a 23 year old male , who was heavily into mostly LSD ,but also other psychedelics starting at the age of 15 . I drank a vial of ~60-70 drops February 22nd 2016 each drop was 100ug, at age 17 and nothing has ever been the same since point blank period. I would wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and completely forget my name and who I was , for months after . I mean I would look in the mirror and think that I was looking at a stranger only to realize I'm looking at myself , followed with dejavu loops , I would try my best to go about my day . It felt like every day restarted exactly the same . Life kind of took control and I was distracted from 18-23 with the birth of my beautiful daughter and then girlfriend (now wife) , who kept me busy and happy . I will admit I started a fairly bad drinking habit in those years so I could get to sleep at a decent time to wake up at 4:30 am to go frame houses , as silly as it sounds I still will never take a Benadryl or whatever to help me sleep or anything pill form really completely against medications. I now only drink occasionally. I'm a functional human with what I feel is the most far out as possible mind that will still allow me to be somewhat a normal functioning member of society 🤔 whatever that means . Recently I have developed floaters in my right eye that are no longer ignorable and really REALLY fucking with me . Is there anyone on this website who have done high doses close to this and what is your everyday life like . I feel super alone in this space and I must say , I love my life and the outlook or brain that LSD has given me , prior to the huge dose , I had eaten tabs and liquid on candies probably close to 30 times . I was young and dumb and not thinking about any long term consequences , anyway ,all responses appreciated, love and light . ❤️

I'd say there is almost no chance the floaters are related to your previous LSD use. You should definitely go to an optometrist and get them checked out, I wouldn't even mention your psychedelics use because it might end up being a red herring for them.

I think it's possible the LSD has interfered with your ability to ignore the floaters, so they're bugging you more than they might for other people. I definitely started noticing optical aberrations a lot more after periods of heavier/more regular psychedelic use, and I'm certain they're always there and that we build habits to ignore them most of the time. Psychedelics sort of pull the curtain back on some of our illusions.

I've never taken high doses like you, but I've met a few people who have, and I was always surprised how normal and functional they were. One guy I used to know took probably thousands of hits in one go (he had licked a tray of crystals) and he was a little out there, but no more so than any other random out there dude who does things his own way. He described having to go and live with his parents for a few months and really start over, but he got his life together and is a really cool and genuine dude. Interestingly he was about your age at the time (a couple decades ago now), and also did framing and had a kid and a wife.

you are fine. I had floaters before the shit loads of LSD I consumed. LSD is one of the least harmful substances on the entire earth. I realized it made me more fucking normal than a majorty of humans who have never taken it.
Hahaha , it's a scary thought that though at first. I used to think the saying " ignorance is bliss" was a good term or something . I look at that term now like it means what it says. When you arent I suppose , psychedelicly inclined, you can be so unaware of anything, or put walls up to your imagination maybe. Anyway , it is possible that I had them previously, maybe I am just now noticing them , and because I just recently noticed them in the last months , can't ignore them. But I do sometimes wish I wasn't hyper aware of my body and Mind . Keep in mind this experience was about 5 years ago now. I feel incredibly in touch with my body and state of mind , can feel my heart beat at all times, practically feel like I can feel the individual function of all my organs when I focus on them . Idk always been a heavy thinker and love it more the most part , but this eye thing is super fuckin annoying .

I am 24 years old and sometimes think all the drugs I did gave me brain damage. I never used LSD in the dose your describing I like 400-500ug but that’s because I can’t afford the amount your describing. I sometimes forget what I just did completely within seconds. Like I will put something down turn around feel my pockets and not remember what I did with what I placed down seconds ago. I blame inhalants though to much N2O and diethyl ether. I sometimes think of myself as damaged like if I was sold to myself I would ask for a refund because I’m damaged goods. I can remember stuff I find interesting but I think your brain is probably better off than mine.

Just because you took 70,000mics or whatever doesnt mean you tripped 70,000 times harder than a normal dose. Your brain only has so many receptors - once they are full you just excrete the rest of the LSD. Its physically nontoxic and has been eliminated from your body years ago, any problems you have now are more likely from your day to day lifestyle.

Arnt floaters just fucking dust on the surface of your eyeball?

Just because you took 70,000mics or whatever doesnt mean you tripped 70,000 times harder than a normal dose. Your brain only has so many receptors - once they are full you just excrete the rest of the LSD. Its physically nontoxic and has been eliminated from your body years ago, any problems you have now are more likely from your day to day lifestyle.

It would be more like 6-7 thousand . Perhaps you're correct. I'm simply asking others who have taken similar or exceeded these amounts. I have health care, been to an optometrist lately . I'm quite happy with the imprint that particular experience left on me. It is actually quite mixed up , the answers you get from researching , "can prolonged psychedelic use cause any visual impact " Hppd isn't what I'm talking about .

Also , beside a few actual health issues , diabetes, blood pressure, no , it's quite a mystery what can cause floaters in healthy individuals.

Since when is a dose a single mic? ;)

-GC

Just because you took 70,000mics or whatever doesnt mean you tripped 70,000 times harder than a normal dose. Your brain only has so many receptors - once they are full you just excrete the rest of the LSD.
I’ve never heard this. Tell me more! Is there a known limit where anything over x ug has massive diminishing returns of effect?

I’ve never heard this. Tell me more! Is there a known limit where anything over x ug has massive diminishing returns of effect?

Just something I remember TIm Leary saying - that as long as he told someone they were getting 1000 mics - he could always give them 250mics and they could never tell the difference. His theory was your brain only has so many receptors - once those are full the LSD is just getting broken down and excreted.

In piss, sweat and shite.

Just something I remember TIm Leary saying - that as long as he told someone they were getting 1000 mics - he could always give them 250mics and they could never tell the difference. His theory was your brain only has so many receptors - once those are full the LSD is just getting broken down and excreted.

In piss, sweat and shite
Perhaps placebo there . With weeks in between to allow for tolerance I could definitely tell the difference of 100-250-500 and 500-1000 .

That being said , I have had 100ug experiences that whatever it was , the damn planets aligning or something , that have knocked my socks off . I've had out of body experiences on only 100ug so you aren't wrong yes, each trip can be quite different, I believe it depends more on setting . I would imagine your theory comes into play upon thumbrints , although a small thumbprint could probably be ~ 5-10 mg , at that point the common experience seems to be that everything turns into the most ridiculous fractals you could ever imagine at first , you will die , then turn into a completely white abyss . I experienced that abyss on my giant dose , but for no more than an hour or so .

As I expected I haven't really got an answer on if LSD could cause damage to the eyes , however some of your guys' remarks certainly kindle some good thoughts , super grateful for the input . I think my question will probably remain un-answered and that's fine honestly.

Also whoever Tim leary is, that is dangerous stuff to do . You can't tell someone you are giving them 1000 ug and give them 200, because obviously they will be fine , but when they go and get some from someone else they will say and think "I can handle 1000ug" and boy will they be in for a surprise haha. That is wrong imo .

Definitely wrong and immoral. Leary was an unhinged zealot from your grandparents generation at the time when they first started discovering psychedelics and hadn't really established the norms that seem obvious now.

As we age the aqueous humor slowly gels and solids form, those become floaters in your vision (usually vague dark forms that actually float around a bit)

bright sparkles can be retinal (damage or random event) or in the brain.