• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Healthy Living Photo Thread

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT

Bluelighter
I looked long and hard for the current incantation of the photo thread and came up with nothing - so I thought I'd better make the latest version. :)

I subscribe to this thread and read every entry for motivation. I might not post very often, but I'm always reading up on everyone's progress.

The hiking posts of late have reminded me of my youth. I used to trek to the ocal mountain range (the Warby ranges for anyone within the region of my childhood, haha) with my best friend. We'd ride our bikes for 45 minutes to reach the national park and spend hours exploring and eating a packed lunch. They're some of my best memories. :)

To start this thread on the right foot, here's a current photo of my latest 'healthy' past-time;

WeekendFeb26-27012.jpg

Srs bsnss.

It's been great adding a range of arm exercises into my regime. I've realised I've neglected my upper-body a bit and have really been noticing some positive differences in my strength and muscle mass. It's absolutely kicking my arse, but in the best of ways. =D

I also have to say my new boxing trainer is 'effing HOT man. Woo-wee! I can hardly concentrate some days. ;)

Strength training is soooo important for women! And fighting fitness is the best of all. We don't bulk up from it as we're not designed that way. Muscle definition is hot on a woman!

I used to train in Muay Thai back in my early 20s and it certainly kept me in great shape!

Im actually starting a weight lifting routine this week so if i manage to stick to it and get some good results ill show em' off :D

Looking fit COTB! I like muscle definition on a girl.
I look forward to seeing pics your definition DFRS.

There were caves on today's 5 mile hike in the mountains.
011qpv.jpg

I am doing a modified plank ;)

Strength training is soooo important for women! And fighting fitness is the best of all. We don't bulk up from it as we're not designed that way. Muscle definition is hot on a woman!
I totally agree! I've been neglecting that part of my body, but now I've started I don't think I'll stop. :)

I've heard Muay Thai is super intense, you must have some serious stamina! I'm struggling through my boxing sessions but I notice I'm getting better and better everyday.

..the awesome raw vegan lasagne I learned to make a couple weeks ago. I've made it twice now and it's freaking amazing.
Phwoar, that looks impressive! I can't imagine eating a raw lasagne, but you know I'd eat some if you served it up to me! :)

There were caves on today's 5 mile hike in the mountains.
You're a brave woman.. I freaked out the last time I was in a cave (at the Cu Chi tunnels in Vietnam). I think I may have a touch of claustrophobia. :|

Phwoar, that looks impressive! I can't imagine eating a raw lasagne, but you know I'd eat some if you served it up to me!

Everyone I've served it too seemed a little skeptical at first.. like raw lasagna.. hmm... okaaayyyy... but when they ate it they said it was just like regular lasagna or better. :D You can make raw versions of everything, it's so cool! All you have to do is figure out what texture matches what. And then get the flavors the same.

I'll be back when I make my raw chocolate mousse.

That's dead easy if you're okay with soy. Add gently melted chocolate to silken tofu, add sweetener and other flavourings to taste, and process until awesome.

My motivation is to someday have a progress pic that is worthy of being posted in this thread. If the rate of growth is the same for this one as the last, I'm going to try to swing it in this specific iteration too.

pumpg.jpg

pretty lame so far but i'm finally getting to the gym as opposed to lifting and cardio at/around home so hopefully i can increase the intensity and get more progressive

^your arm's probably more impressive in person. our skin is similar in tone, and i know from taking photos of my muscles they always turn out looking like through one of them skinny carnival mirrors. keep it up, using proper equipment makes the world of difference.

That's dead easy if you're okay with soy. Add gently melted chocolate to silken tofu, add sweetener and other flavourings to taste, and process until awesome.

Blech... dude no. Not only is soy horrid for you but it's not raw....

I looked long and hard for the current incantation of the photo thread and came up with nothing - so I thought I'd better make the latest version. :)

I subscribe to this thread and read every entry for motivation. I might not post very often, but I'm always reading up on everyone's progress.
Subscribing as well for the same reason. :)

Also, FYI: The old HL photo thread appears to have been archived relatively recently.

Summer is here, today's smoothie brought to you by the garden: saba bananas, jicama, coconut syrup, ivy gourd leaves, drumstick pod tree leaves, talinum leaves, holy basil, curry leaves. And some other things I don't remember!

Snapshot_20110302_3.jpg

i bounce from one to another and let me tell you, they're both a curse!

i'm awesome.

damn i suck

hahah, how awesome of me

stupidface

unfortunately i don't have any healthy photos to add yet!

Summer is here, today's smoothie brought to you by the garden: saba bananas, jicama, coconut syrup, ivy gourd leaves, drumstick pod tree leaves, talinum leaves, holy basil, curry leaves. And some other things I don't remember!

Snapshot_20110302_3.jpg

that's awesome! do you have any tips for a newbie wishing to make their own greens smoothies? can i just blend a bunch of frozen vegetables with water...? lol...

Last edited:
Ice skating (yes I KNOW! Exercise!!) Shopping and Sushi (Not junk food!)
100_0011-1.jpg

Fast skating messes up my hair...