• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Having tried "plugging", would you revert to railing or dumping ever again?

:( Well it was kinda funny at the time maybe... :\ NOT... fine! (Hides back in hole)

Plugged only once and it was awesome. Might try it again but I still get a big kick outta dropping it.

I'm having trouble keeping count.
Any chance a moderator can post up a proper poll.
It would really be interesting to know the proportion of eccy users who support the "plugging" method compared to the railers and dumpers, or poly-methoders (???).
Also how about a post/poll listing the most effective activities that increase the loved-up feelings. ie. hugging a plush toy, massaging a sexy stranger, sex, stroking fur, etc, etc.

It's too hard to do a decent poll with UBB... when the new board software finally arives it should be possible to do real polls (with the check boxes and bar graphs and stuff)... so to get a really good indication you'll prolly have to wait till then...
That said, by all means try to work it out, but I don't think there's a big enough sample in this thread to accuratly represent the general population... :)

Disco Diablo: I'm fairly sure if you check in Australian Social (or Bluelight Social also), you'll find about four hundred thousand surveys on what feels K3wL when you're blowing up. All these polls will have marvellous suggestions on the precise technique of rubbing a strangers sweaty face with a stinky medic-filled tickle-me-elmo toy while waving glowsticks around like an epileptic air-traffic controller.
Those forums might be better suited to such a discussion. (If you're looking for such threads, try searching social forums for "Roll Tricks" etc.)
Personally I think that plugging is quite a sensible method of administering MDMA purely on a percentage absorption basis, because the MDMA goes into your bloodstream straight away rather than passing through the liver first. It works really well for most people - though many find that the comeup takes a lot longer, and the subtlety can trick you into thinking it's not working. Suffice to say, of all the people I know who've plugged, and then gotten impatient and taken another pill (or even half) orally at about the 1 hour mark after plugging have been metaphorically struck by the MDMA train, head on. (Because there is MDMA in their blood stream equivalent to taking approximately 3 pills at once orally).
BigTrancer :)

Dante: If it's burning, then it wasn't up far enuf :p You have to get it up there a good 5cms or so, you'll feel it push past something, then slide up itself. Failure to do this will result in the burnies burnies pill bum burnies sensation :)
As for smoking, IMO it farken blows, smoked half a pill once and it just made me bouncy for about 30 mins. No where near as good as half a pill did oraly.

i've plugged a few times, but i've often felt kinda strange.. What i usually do now is plug half then about 20 minutes later i drop the other half...without about half hour after that i am absoloutley fucked...its great

Originally posted by madcat:
What i usually do now is plug half then about 20 minutes later i drop the other half...without about half hour after that i am absoloutley fucked
Spitroast ;)

I think the idea is, that the MDMA will eventually go through the liver one way or another, but if you plug the pill then the MDMA gets to your brain first before the liver. Oral ingestion means the MDMA goes through the liver first, and is metabolised, leaving approximately 40-60% of the MDMA available to continue on its merry way to your brain (this is called "first-pass effects"... there are many references throughout Bluelight on the subject of eating vs. snorting vs. plugging and the various absorption percentages).
By plugging the MDMA instead, closer to 90% of the MDMA is passed into the bloodstream and onto the brain, allowing nearly double the blood borne MDMA into the brain, prior to arriving at the liver and being filtered as normal.
I'm aware that this is quite a simple explanation of the way the body works. If someone wants to correct me or fill in missing details, I'd be happy to hear it.

my curiosity is really starting to get the better of me.. :D
been hearing people say the best way to go is to crush and use a gelcap. Interested to hear the differences between plugging gel and vege caps? vege takes a while to dissolve in the tummy, can you plug with them or are they a waste? don't want to plug a vege, have it not hit, then come out when I get home or something.

Taking a substance orally means it will go through "first-pass metabolism" which is through the liver. This may deactivate large amounts of some drugs, or deactivate them completely. Rectal administration partially avoids first-pass metabolism (by around 50%). I have no idea how much of MDMA is deactivated by first-pass, but we'll assume some of it is (otherwise plugging wouldn't be reported as more effective). Usually rectal absorption is erratic, an for that reason isn't used very often in clinical settings.
Once the drug reaches the bloodstream, it gets distributed to the liver and other organs (see Drug administration, absorption & distribution). Eventually, in the case of MD**, the liver metabolises it, then excretes it via the kidneys and maybe the bile.
Some interesting pages: Drug administration, distribution and elimination
Rectal administration of oral dose forms
Liver damage may be caused by MD** related hyperthermia (see erowid or by drug interactions (such as combining a CYP2D6 inhibitor with MDMA) or may occur in people deficient in CYP2D6. Also, taking multiple doses of MDMA is tougher on your liver. So the simple answer (aren't you wishing I could write a simple answer!) is that plugging MDMA will not remove the risk of liver failure. Does anyone know where these figures for oral vs. rectal absorption of MDMA came from? Because I'm thinking someone has made them up (via educated guess). I can't imagine a research study on this topic :)

I'm searching for the references whereby I found the figures - I think the quickest place to find that I've read them was in the Plugging FAQ on Bluelight, where it says:
It works well because when you swallow it much of the MDMA gets filtered out. You make use of about 80%-90% of the chemical when you plug it, as opposed to 40%-60% swallowing and 70%-80% railing it.
Though I'm not sure whether these figures are adequately referenced even there. I'll try to find something specific on MDMA absorption in the next day or so.

Slightly off topic. But does crushing, capping and then plugging work for other recreational drugs... eg. Ketamine or Heroin?

^^I have read that ketamine can be absorbed rectally for medical purposes, not sure about heroin though.

baby_doc, opiates are quite often administered rectally for medical purposes... Twas my first experience with plugging :p~

^^I beg to differ - according to the MIMS the only opiate marketed in Aus that is formulated for rectal admin is Proladone (oxycodone). You are far more likely to get an injection of morphine or pethidine in hospital than a narcotic suppository. I still have no idea what this means for 'recreational' opiates though.

K, quick question. How far is the pill sposed to go up? Like, PAST prostate? Or what? Any info is good, thanks.

Taken from Ashke's Plugging FAQ
The further you push it up there, the less it will bother you. If you are a wuss about it and don't push it up far enough, it will burn like a sonuvabitch.
Its always a good idea to read the FAQ's or do a quick search before asking a question, its probably been asked before.
The second knuckle should be far enough tho.
Welcome to Bluelight :)
[ 14 April 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]