• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Having speech problems after taking 1000mg of pregabalin

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I had 750mg, then 150mg, then 100mg, and now I can't speak very well. It was really bad at first, but it got better after I slept for a few hours. It started probably about 16 hours after I took it, but it could've started earlier and I wouldn't of known because I didn't speak to anyone until 16 hours after. At first I couldn't even string a sentence together and couldn't really read either. One sentence would take me a few minutes to read, and it took me a few minutes to type 6 or 7 words. I can read fine now, and I just talked on the phone and it seemed okay, but I still stumble over words more often than usual. To be honest I'm a bit scared that I've got brain damage or something. Should I go to the hospital or do you think I'm okay now?

Last edited:
No I've taken it a few times but it never seemed to do anything which is why I took a gram.

A gram for someone who isn't used to it is a pretty high dose. You're probably just a little fucked still. If things don't get better within 24 hours try and see a medical professional.

All the best!

That's a rather high dose of pregabalin. I would expect one to have trouble with cognitive tasks and hand eye coordination with that amount.
You're not likely to incur brain damage from this. Acute intoxication is much more probable. As stated above, seek medical attention if this persists. I'd at least inform someone of your state so they can keep an eye out.

Dont worry and give it time. Ive suffered from stuttering on certain words after mdma usage. but it always corrects itself after some time.

I have to agree with most of the above posters and would wait a couple days min before jumping to dain bramage conclusions. If you still feel ill enough now that a trip to the ER/Doctor is warranted then please have someone drive you.

Pregabalin is one of those drugs that is just not that abusable in some people and upping the dose only increases the side effects vs an enjoyable high. At least now you know it's not going to knock your socks off in any amount.

Feel Better IC.