• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Having Gallbladder Surgery: Question about Drugs...

Raspy Dylan

Greenlighter
Hello,

I am having my gallbladder removed in a few days. I am wondering if there are any bluelighters out there who have had theirs removed and have any advice on change of lifestyle?

Some drugs I play with include ketamine, adderall, dmt, and molly. I also take klonopin and suboxone.

Wondering if, after the surgery, should I be more careful with any of these particular drugs for any reason?

Also, I have taken both ketamine and adderall recently. Ketamine I have taken in rather large doses, including tonight. Obviously it's appropriate to not do these things the day before surgery, but what about 2, 3, 4, or 5 days before? I'm assuming it's all good, but there are people here who are smarter than myself when it comes to chemistry and biology, so I figured it was worth asking. Just trying to stay alive!

Thanks!

If you are currently on Suboxone, you should stop it like 24 hours before surgery. Otherwise, I see no problems.
I have had surgery while on Subs and didn't even do that. I was fine

I had this surgery 2 years ago. Too many of us have gone through this surgery, I wonder why..
Anyway I went through it while on methadone, and it was okay.

Yeah I'm not really concerned about the suboxone. My surgeon actually told me to continue taking my normal dose even the day of surgery.

A little more concerned with the adderall and ketamine...not sure how these will mix with the anesthesia, or if they will make my body react differently to being cut open, etc.

I'm assuming that as long as I don't take them for 24 hours before the surgery I will be fine, but just not positive about this....

Any advice?

I am new here. I also am scheduled to get my Gallbladder removed on December 18 2014. I have the same questions. I take the same medications as the previous person stated. However, I Take Methadone For Pain @ 70 mgs a Day. I Do Not Abuse Any Other Medications.

I want to know, Will I Be Safe During and After Surgery.

Curious!

This is my First Post Too!

I had the surgery, plus ERCP, plus pancreatitis...stone blocked my bile duct, almost killed me, four days in hospital..

You may notice more bile issues when taking adderall after gbr. I can't take adderrall anymore because of this...in other words, my stomach hurts like hell now on it.

I had my gallbladder out years ago , it had no effect on any of my future drug use.

As far as I know, the gallbladder's purpose is to expel bile that breaks down fats.

I don't know how suboxone will affect your surgery though. You're going to need something for pain because post op is horribly painful.
When I went in, I was doing 0.5/mg a day, which isn't really a blocking dose. They put me on methadone & morphine. When I got out, it was hell switching back to suboxone, though.

I am new here. I also am scheduled to get my Gallbladder removed on December 18 2014. I have the same questions. I take the same medications as the previous person stated. However, I Take Methadone For Pain @ 70 mgs a Day. I Do Not Abuse Any Other Medications.

I want to know, Will I Be Safe During and After Surgery.

Curious!

This is my First Post Too!
I did the surgery using 80 mg of methadone daily. And keep on using after I was awaken.
I did not have any problems but I needed more sedation than the usual applicable for all other patients.
You must tell your doctor that you are using this and for how long.
Because he is going to be responsible. The person who will talk to the team, including the anesthetist.

^ What can they possibly do for pain for you if you're on suboxone though? I can see how you would be ok if you stayed on your methadone dose as it still is useful for analgesia, but when on maintenance suboxone, it does nothing for pain.

I was in the hospital post-op for a week and it was fairly painful, and I was given very high doses of methadone (They saw tracks and thought I was still using heroin, as per my file. In reality, just 0.5mg/day of suboxone IV. I don't think they believed me when I said I inject suboxone) I actually had to start cheeking the pills cause they brought my dose so high (70mg) I was afraid I was gonna OD with my tolerance at the time.

Switching to suboxone was what actually made me realize I had gallbladder issues. I was on dope for so long, I just assumed that my stomach pain was part of WD because everytime I dosed, my stomach stopped hurting.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it is safe to take MDMA after having their gallbladder removed? My gf's mom is interested in trying MDMA and we'd love to do it with her, but she has had her gallbladder removed. We want to make sure its safe before we do it.

Does anyone know if it is safe to take MDMA after having their gallbladder removed? My gf's mom is interested in trying MDMA and we'd love to do it with her, but she has had her gallbladder removed. We want to make sure its safe before we do it.

I wouldn't be too eager to try MDMA so soon after this type of surgery. It makes a person thirsty so possible dehydration is a concern. Plus it could have a bunch of chemicals in it which wouldn't be conducive to healing.

You don't really need to worry about drug usage so much, gall bladder isn't involved with those, it's mostly the liver which comes into play with drugs. The main thing you will need to keep an eye on is your diet. I had my gall bladder out several years ago and ever since then I have noticed occasional diarrhea. Mostly this is caused from eating greasy foods which can't be processed as well without the gall bladder.