• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Have you ever thought about throwing yourself downstairs to get out of work?

Raz

Bluelighter
I thought this was a normal phenomenon, me and a couple of my work friends are always talking about those "throw yourself down a flight of stairs" days.....but I mentioned it to someone else at work and he thought it was the craziest thing he'd ever heard of.

Also, thinking about breaking your finger counts too (in case you work somewhere with no stairs).

Please answer at your earliest convenience, I wish to understand the psyche of the Australian working grown-up.

umm... participate in a team sport which involves tackling and you won't have to do anything intentionally. I played soccer for 3 seasons and was a cripple on quite a few occasions, sprained ankles, torn knee ligaments, punched in the face, elbowed in the boob... you name it

I should have qualified: this is for people who work in a non-physical environ where the worst unintentional hazard is the office sociopath.

Some of my mates have said on there drive to work they have thought about crashing there car so they don't have to go

^^^yes, this is what I'm talking about! More of these posts please! =D

Yes!! Normally its more throwing myself in front of a bus or something tho. Im not suicidal I just really hate my job. Other friends at work also have similiar thoughts. I never used to think such things, its just happened at my current job.

I have had many different thoughts about doing myself as mischief at work. Some of my more popular scenarios are

Tripping & smashing through an automatic door holding a hot cup of coffee
Falling down the big staircase in reception (audience bonus points & witnesses)
Leaning back in my chair & "overbalancing"

My work is rather safe so my options are limited.

I did seriously consider wrecking my car more than once so I could get out of a meeting where it was going to be the old all rape, no lube scenario.

I sometimes have daydreams that there is a terrorist attack on public transport which results in no need to go to work.

I think this is probably wrong.

Some of my mates have said on there drive to work they have thought about crashing there car so they don't have to go
I started having those thoughts every day, even came close to hitting a car that cut me off. Then natural instinct kicked in and I slammed on the brakes and even more mad afterwards. Thinking "dammit why didn't I let that happen?" That's when I knew I had to quit working there.

Before this, I had broken my finger on a Sunday night at home. Then the next morning, while walking in purposely fell and made it look like it happened at work. They sent me to the workman's comp doctor who confirmed it was broken. But I had to go back to work the next day, no time off. Even though the majority of my work was typing on the computer.

I sometimes have daydreams that there is a terrorist attack on public transport which results in no need to go to work.

I think this is probably wrong.
No kat, your selfless dream of helping many people avoid boring work is wonderful and deserving of some kind of peace prize!

Stair jumping was a natural instinct for me from a fucking young age.
Used to do it lots as a child.

As I grew bigger and heavier. Stair jumping lost its appeal.

If I jump down stairs in this day and age. I'd probably hurt myself.

Just go to you doctor and tell them you so stressed your considering trying to throw yourself down the stairs for time off work.

Most of them will put you off on stress leave

My dad has a story about a bloke he knew growing up who worked in a sawmill and would lop off parts of fingers for the compo.

Might be just a story though :)

^ No, quite probably genuine - I know of compo claims from guys working in the abattoirs also taking off their own fingers on purpose.

Each digit/body part has a different price tag. I think eyes are the biggest cheque?

^^^^yah, I remember seeing the price list once and being unimpressed with it....eyes are the most expensive from memory...

tumblr_m633j3cBPp1rq0hnm.gif

Last edited: