• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have you ever tested yourself to see what the longest period of time you can go without sleep is?

36 hours (done it with and without drugs). I feel like I get kind of skitz anyway at that point.

This picture is horrifying...

Me no likey
Relax! Not gonna happen! I reckon it'd take some real real bad shit and a lot more than 15 days with no sleep in order to look like that! :ROFLMAO:

For the record (probably should have mentioned it in the original post but figured everyone would have seen it before given its infamy):

It's from a set of pictures that were used as part of an Internet hoax from some years ago entitled "The Russian Sleep Experiment".

Note the comment made by somebody calling themselves "Sugar spice" at the bottom of the page. Apparently 26 days with no sleep on a Meth. binge. Dunno about that one. If that's the case and there's any truth to it: you dudes are rank amateurs here! :sleep:

Plenty of other links and info. floating around about and it's still being debated as to whether or not it's a total and utter hoax or if there was some truth behind it.

"...it’s an internet legend of which the oldest version can be traced back to a Creepypasta Wiki page on August 10, 2010. The user who posted it is named ‘Orange Soda’, but the author’s real name is unknown.".

What's interesting on the above link is the analysis as to how these things start and what's required in order for them to go viral and end up being folklore.

I see there's been a book written on said experiment as well as a movie made (didn't know that until yesterday) (but the pics. themselves have been floating around for years and years).

gee meth had me up for weeks. i used to black out consistently and do weird shit. come out of it in stores and people would tell me shit i did or said/texted to them i had no recollection of. sleep is essential

gee meth had me up for weeks. i used to black out consistently and do weird shit. come out of it in stores and people would tell me shit i did or said/texted to them i had no recollection of. sleep is essential
Just theorizing here but maybe during the blackouts you did indeed sleep or it was a form of sleep? Possibly even the brain's protection mechanism (again just theorizing)?

In just reading up about all of this as a result of this thread having been started: one of the problems with these sleep deprivation record attempts is that they've determined that an individual can actually micro sleep or take a catnap with their eyes open. In other words: that woman that I mentioned earlier and who apparently holds the record sat in a rocking chair and made it the 18 days. The other dude mentioned in one of the other links only made it 11 days but he was moving around, playing pool, cards, reading, doing whatever he could to stay awake. But alright and fair enough: both sober.

All I know is: wouldn't work for me. I know what I used to be like after Cocaine and Crack binges back in the day. Wasn't a pretty sight and nobody you'd want to be around after just two nights without sleep! Fuck me. I'm bad enough now if I lose a few hours at night sober! Sucks to get old(er) I'll tell you! :ROFLMAO: Mind you: they say the older you get the less sleep you get or need. I call bullshit on that one! Or maybe that's why the older people get the more full of shit and grumpy they get! :ROFLMAO:

No but I might need to right now as a test of literal survival if they find my body trying so be it but I am fighting to survive

Glad that is in the past for you

That's crazy

Were the plants realistic? Or were they more "psychedelic"-like in character?
The plants were in 3d monochrome and seemed to be scrolling along the wall horizontally. They were continually sprouting and scrolling across the wall. The effect of them scrolling across the wall is the most difficult to explain... it was bizarre yet in no way was it upsetting. It just seemed like some shit you'd see after rolling 12 days solid know what i mean?

I usually get twacked by day 3, and pop benzos/Seroquel and get tf to sleep. Ain't nothing good coming from staying up that long.
Honestly, you’re right .. as a yoga instructor, I used to legit get that “day of no sleep” sharper focus etc and could manage say 2.5 days thriving snd working on little sleep! Have a toddler now and damn, 1 missed night of sleep I am unresponsive, unreliable and useless lol. Crossed into the 30 yrs young border too! But certainly have zero
executive functioning without 6-7 hrs of sleep today lol

Honestly, you’re right .. as a yoga instructor, I used to legit get that “day of no sleep” sharper focus etc and could manage say 2.5 days thriving snd working on little sleep! Have a toddler now and damn, 1 missed night of sleep I am unresponsive, unreliable and useless lol. Crossed into the 30 yrs young border too! But certainly have zero
executive functioning without 6-7 hrs of sleep today lol
Welcome to Bluelight!!

I definitely felt as if I were dreaming with my eyes wide open the time I stayed up 12 days.

Went on a little bender with that evil mistress Crystal for 4 days. On day 4 I had enough of being awake so I kicked Crystal out for about a month. Then I invited my old “friend” Harriet over. She’s has no trouble helping me to some sleep. Harriet stuck around for awhile to make sure Crystal didn’t come back for awhile.

If I remember correctly, it was 4 days on a meth binge. The psychosis was unreal. Seeing shit, hearing shit, generally freaking out about everything, and when I finally was able to sleep I was down for about 24 hours straight.

When I first started using meth I'd stay up for 2 to 3 days. The max was 5 days. I'd first notice the that objects would levitate a few centimeters off a surface. I started to try to control it's movement using telepathy and it appeared to work. The hallucinations became easier to see as I kept smoking. I know now they were delusional thus not real however it sure seemed real at the time. Around day 4 the voices would chime in and try to get me to comlete tasks for them. Today I max out around 3 days then have to get some sleep. Psychosis is not something to trifle with. If you get scared it ruins everything and becomes a nightmare you have to ride out.

one thing i noticed is a daily/hourly/obsessive iv meth user veeeeerrry rarely sleeps. and that's why most if users i knew as well as myself were out our minds paranoid and delusional. such a slippery slope that takes no time at all to descend.. smokers seemed okay but once one picked up the needle my oh my it happens fast

Meth chose for me to stay up between 6-7 days without any sleep. I entered a psychoses by the time the benzos and opioids knocked me out.

The world record of no sleep is actually 12 days believe it or not

Meth chose for me to stay up between 6-7 days without any sleep. I entered a psychoses by the time the benzos and opioids knocked me out.

The world record of no sleep is actually 12 days believe it or not
is that drug induced or insomnia induced. do you know?

What?

Were the visuals like on deliriants such as datura?
Ime yah, the hallucinations are pretty sweet, I used to try to do it on purpose because if I had drugs in me it kinda felt good. Haven’t stayed up moreover than 3 days since I was 16, at day three I went psychotic Andy destroyed my internet box because I though t my brother was coming through my fac book to fuck my girlfriend,and the obvious way to combat that was to destroy the internet box

He wasn’t even in the house at the time, but I thought he was. I had been using 100mg+ of adderall a day all three of those days.

Last edited:
My parents didn’t get a new box for I think like 2-4 weeks too, their attitude toward me was that I was a dumbass lol, (for doing that, not in general, actually they know I’m very intelligent, which probably flabbergasted them even more)

Now my body seems to have created a failsafe that causes me to pass out at the two day mark, so I haven’t been able to stay up longer than 48 hours since