• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you ever cried on shrooms?

Yes. Crying spells aren't uncommon on psychedelics. Especially mushrooms in my experience.

I've heard this is common. In my experience, sometimes I'll feel sad enough that I should be crying but my eyes are too dry to actually produce tears. My last trip, I just sat starring off for a while feeling a profound sadness but couldn't actually cry

I've cried on acid a few times, mushrooms maybe once. I find it very cleansing. It usually only happens when I embark on a solo trip though, as that's when I end up doing the deepest thinking.

Definitely... cry and cry and laugh about it all again

Shrooms are an emotional rollercoaster imo, which makes it much of a buy the ticket take the ride kind of thing

every time on 4-ho-mipt and did that three times this year. First was with ex, and cried over a friend that died. Second and third trips were alone and cried a lot. I think being alone you really let your guard down and let it out

Yep.
I once cried so hard and deeply on shrooms that it felt like all the repressed sadness poured out of me.
It felt great and really therepeutic.
Not uncommon at all to experience extreme emotions

Last edited:
Yep. Shrooms and psychedelics can be very emotional for me, and thats what i love about them. They're not as hollow and empty feeling as some other psychoactives.

I've only had them once but mushrooms made me more emotional than any other psychedelic I've tried. For example, I find 2C-B fairly emotional but mushrooms were on another level.

I've cried on shrooms from being caught by my parents when I was 16 haha.

Crying laughing too if you count that xD

I recently cried of pure happiness on a DXM trip. Very cleansing

Never, BUT shrooms to me are much more emotional then something like LSD but for some it's the opposite , shrooms seem to talk to me and anything I'm doing wrong, they seem to point it out, I have much more deep thoughts on shrooms, now I'm not saying crying is a bad trip, but because the thoughts I get on shrooms, I feel as if one is more prone to a bad trip with psilocybin then LSD .

and I never had a bad trip wit shrooms but I been on the border about 3 times, more of having bad moments wit shrooms lol

But only once once did I ever "almost" fall into a bad trip wit LSD and I must say a bad trip with LSD might be harder to get into but it seems to be much much worst if it happens lol

Cried on psyches plenty of times.

Sometimes were more meaningful than others.

Once I was watching Deal or no deal on 2C-D and felt such admiration for the wheelchair bound contender that I teared up at the TV with Noel Edmonds haunting my psyche forever.

Oh yes. I have to say that the larger the dose, the more likely I am to have a quasi-religious experience, if you will, and I am not a religious person at all. I have had some of the heaviest, most profound emotional experiences on big doses of mushrooms, and yes, I have balled my eyes out. For me, they are very therapeutic, and doing them is like a cleansing for me. Also, I have a tendency to contemplate old experiences, good and bad, while on them, especially toward that latter part of the trip. Also, it should be noted that aside from actual crying, both shrooms and 4-aco-dmt make my eyes water and have a diuretic effect on me, so pretty much every time I eat them I feel like a fountain. Oh, and also, I get a runny-ass nose as well.

I find that one of the most incredible things about psychedelics are their abilities to make me feel sad, lost, and all alone while surrounded by so much beauty, direction, and harmony. I love the experience of being emotionally touched.

Nearly all the time, to me its very therapeutic and I am disappointed if I don't reach that level of connectedness with the world that I don't have a wee cry over the state of the planet or some that touched by the beauty of someone/thing and shed a tear.

I find psychedelics put me right in tough with my feelings allowing me to keep my shit nicely together.

Back in 1979 I cried on shrooms when my delightful nature trip on a big sunny boulder in a river surrounded by laughing redwood trees was quite suddenly interrupted by a pair of scary male boots attached to a very real ranger who told me that he was writing me a ticket for being naked in a State Park.=D But I'm still laughing all these years later every time I think about the comical way I first saw him from the toes of his boots when I turned my head to the side and there he was, and then proceeded, very cartoon-like, to slowly raise my dilated eyes all the way up his body to his very unsmiling face. He ended up being a nice guy, quite fatherly and concerned for my safety and he let me off with a warning.=D

Yeah one time I took 8 grams of Psilocybe cyanescens in the woods while I was camping with my girlfriend at the time. I got so out there I started processing a bunch of really emotional stuff from when I was much younger, plus a feeling of overall disappointment with how people are treating the only world that exists capable of supporting life as we know it. Needless to say there was some crying.

This is why I am glad there is a board like this. It brought back a memory I stored up.

It was the Spring of '95. A friend I worked with had 2 pounds of Amazonian Cubensis. Next to a batch of azurescens I had a few years ago these Amazonians were the strongest mushrooms I could remember. 1 gr was a full blown hard hitting trip. So this Spring day I took off from work. It was a beautiful day, sun and clouds. I had a trip planned. So I had my music ready, lounge chair outside, sunglasses and ready to just enjoy the harmony of nature. I take the shrooms. They start coming on but I am melancholy. No problem, throw on some Dead. As it progressed I not only didn't do my planned activities, I ended up in the corner of my bathroom bawling my eyes out. A few months earlier I had broken up with a girlfriend and had to process some of the things I went through. But while I was crying my eyes out on this beautiful sunny day I was going through every female that ever hurt me in a female way. From mother to girlfriends to people I knew. It was a very gender specific purge. I felt like it had to come out. The scary thing is I never knew that was in me and if I didn't take mushrooms would I still be carrying that hurt? It came out and I moved on. But wow a total opposite of what I was trying to accomplish that day.

All other trips with these mushrooms soard Angelic. I touched some heavy states. But it goes to show how unpredictable a trip can be.

Definitely, a few times actually during different solo trips when facing particularly difficult introspections, as well as on LSD, it can be quite cathartic.