• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

have to pee more often when high on ketamine; normal or early sign of damage?

tazz20

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering, is it normal to have to pee more frequently while using it? I recently got into ketamine and knew that long term use could mess up your bladder. I've been using it for a few weeks now and feel like I've been taking a few bumps every few days which I realize is too much. I recently got a hold on myself and got myself to stop using it all the time. I have not experienced any bladder pain or any odd urination patterns when not using it. Should I be ok? Is the more common urgency to pee while high on it normal? In general I also seem to have a sensitive bladder when I drink alcohol and I'll pee several times in one night.

yeah i thinks it normal while high on it i have to pee alot. Your body is just clearing the drug. Take it easy with extended use and you should be fine.

I definitely urinate more frequently on ketamine. That actually keeps me from overdoing it with K these days; that risk of bladder damage always weighs heavily on my mind. I overdid the K when I was younger and am very glad I haven't (yet at least...) seen any signs of bladder damage.

I would say that dissos are, like caffeine, diuretic, so you normally pee more

Dissociatives make you pee more, and you should also drink more water on them.

I'm finding I had to pee more last night and today than usual. haven't used the stuff in a few days. not sure if it's cuz I'm thinking about it or if I drank a lot of water when smoking...hope I didn't cause any damage...

Interesting, I would pee less on K, I think because I wouldn't be able to feel the sensation of bladder fullness. Bumps weren't my game, eyebrow sized lines were, so maybe that's the difference. It was actually a problem for me, you should force yourself to pee as much as possible to keep that nasty shit from hanging out in your bladder.

Peeing more when you're NOT on it is a bad sign, however.

I mostly feel ok now but my bladder still feels weird if I drink a soda or something else caustic, coming up on three months w/o use.
the day after I notice myself having to pee a bit more. can i reverse this if I limit my use?

Is doesnt sound funny at all. You got this using K, isnt? In what amounts/frequency?

Is doesnt sound funny at all. You got this using K, isnt? In what amounts/frequency?
I feel like I've been taking a few bumps every few days for like a month, not every single day but probably a bit more than I should. I feel like I've had a sensitive bladder in the past even before using ketamine. I'm just hoping I didn't shrink it. I didn't think anything could happen that quick. they aren't crazy urges to urinate just feel like maybe a bit more than before. I'm hoping this is all in my head and that my anxiety is causing it..

Last edited:
I feel like I've been taking a few bumps every few days for like a month, not every single day but probably a bit more than I should. I feel like I've had a sensitive bladder in the past even before using ketamine. I'm just hoping I didn't shrink it. I didn't think anything could happen that quick. they aren't crazy urges to urinate just feel like maybe a bit more than before. I'm hoping this is all in my head and that my anxiety is causing it..

1 month is nothing. I would expect at least 6-12 months of abuse to start doing damages. Better safe than sorry but to me it seems more somatic than physical