Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Hatfields & McCoys - Docudrama mini-series on History

Cyc

Bluelighter
hatfields-and-mccoys-poster_530x365.jpg

Just got done watching this. Very well done mini-series about the famed feud of these two families shortly following the US civil war. Stars Kevin Costner and few TV 'A' listers. Sufficiently dark, without the hackneyed 'good guys n' bad guys' thing.

Definitely worth checking out if you're looking to fill a void in your entertainment library. I know this time of year is pretty dry, with some good shows finishing up and sparse pickings through the summer.

I heard it was good and very well done
I've yet to see it though

I will check it at some point. After all....it is my people! :\

I really enjoyed this and watched it a couple times. I tried watching it again but couldn't yet, but that doesn't take anything away from it, I just kinda played it out for myself.

Really, really, really want to catch this one. I am a McCoy. My great-grandfather is (was) Clawhammer McCoy. When I found out that they made this, I was like, "fuck yeah".

yeah i saw it, i thought it was fairly well done and performed, although i was a bit puzzled at how the actors didn't age one bit through the 30 or so years it covered.
although costner has been in some indescribably atrocious movies, he's a fairly solid actor.

yeah i saw it, i thought it was fairly well done and performed, although i was a bit puzzled at how the actors didn't age one bit through the 30 or so years it covered.
although costner has been in some indescribably atrocious movies, he's a fairly solid actor.

They all aged.

I wish there was a different ending to Randall McCoy's life, because [spoil]him going on fire like that[/spoil] was pretty comedic.

but both the leads looked more or less the same they did during the civil war beginning as they did 30 years later. they looked like middle-aged men all through the movie.

I forgot the name of the guy, but the fat uncle that died with his dog didn't seem to age, and I do recall thinking that to myself when I saw it. It didn't stand out to me about anyone else, and since they were always wearing hats maybe it was harder to tell since you don't see a change in hair that often.

The McCoys seemed to age more than the Hatfields if you look back at it.