• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Has this ever happened to other heroin users?

Jbabe678201

Greenlighter
Hi! I am new here. Just trying to find a safe place to openly talk about my use. I have been clean since 2019, with the exception of three “slips”over that time period. Ive been pretty stable on suboxone and it really has saved my life. That being said, I am not perfect and have gone back to my drugs of choice( mainly heroin) and crack also one too many times. I am 30 years old and have been fighting this disease with opiates for 10 years so I am familiar with use, withdrawal, treatment and all that. But I am stumped on this one which is why I have come here to ask. The past three years while I have been clean( minus the three times I slipped) things have been kinda rough as I struggle with other mental health stuff like severe anxiety, depression, and OCD. Also on a physical level I have not been feeling as well as I know I should be. I have been seeking multiple doctors opinions and am on a long journey to figure out what the culprit is of my severe fatigue, headaches, stomach issues and other symptoms are coming from. Labwork recently flagged my Epstein Barr Virus(mono) test as being really high and looking more into that. The health part is important to what I am going to ask bc i dont know if what i experienced is related to
My health issues, heroin, or just a coincidence. But basically in the past three months I have used twice. The first time I got heroin and crack and what I got lasted me about three days( I smoke the crack and snort the dope, used to shoot but cannot do that to myself anymore I was horrible at it) Also I did not take my suboxone during the time of using for obvious reasons. The second slip I had was just this past monday. I picked up the same two things, my supply of crack lasted me just a night, and the dope lasted that whole Monday and Tuesday. I used them the same way as before.. smoking the crack and just snorting the dope. But both times the following happened and I am trying to figure out why?!!!
• I picked up from the same dude in the same area so I am only assuming the first stuff was the same or very similar to what I got just this week( atleast came from the same original supplier)
•So on both instances( these instances were almost three months apart) about 12 hours into my heroin and crack use I began to get really congested, which I figured was just bc I was snorting stuff)
•so I got extremely congested, really could barely breathe out of my nose, developed a really scratchy throat, these red bumps started to appear at the back of my tongue and also some scratchy bumps in the back of my throat. All of this happened about 12 hours after I started using( both times!)
•besides the onset of these symptoms pretty rapidly, I continued to get more congested and it is almost as if I had a viral infection which lasted four days. I still feel like I am recovering from this past Mon- Tues but getting better.
Either this is just a really odd coincidence
Or this is something more? It appears like the dope was making me sick, but not in the normal dope sick ways? Has this happened to anyone else? Im thinking maybe I caught a viral infection from the dealer, the drugs, or maybe covid? I literally have no idea.
Or maybe I just have mono and using is messing with my immune system and making me sicker? I am really wanting to know if anyone else has experienced this ever? I like in Atlanta and I know the dope varies drastically depending on the area. Ever since covid became a thing, I have been nervous to pick up bc there are already enough consequences that have come from my addiction.. and the possibility of getting covid from dope
Makes me a bit paranoid. Anyways sorry for the long post-I felt like a little background was necessary for what I am asking. If anyone can relate or has any insight into what is going on please reply to this thread or message me. Thanks for reading

Hey there, I’m really sorry this happened to you. I too was on heroin and crack at the same time and this never happened to me. Maybe it was just bad dope? Really sorry I can’t be of more help. How are you feeling now? Did the bumps end up going away?

Man I can see me and my old friends in you and first I want you to know you are not alone, we’re here to help you or a least to read you so first I gotta say you are probably a veteran as I am and a hardhead over the too (speaking for myself) even the best soldiers have to think about retirement. Your body is sending you Alarms signal, first thing you gotta do is to stop using anything outside you subox for now, then when you feel better start doing some exercise, doesn’t have to be intense, I used to walk a mike to go shoot some pellet gun and today I’m hiking everyday. You have to replace the drugs like the high feeling of the crack can be replace with adrenaline and endorphine from efforts plus excitement of doing so. The smooth feeling or heroin can be replace by meditation or light drugs like marijuana kratom is getting really popular too an even benzo if you don’t have the choice. If you stay that way for a while and if you think your gonna be better in your inner side there is a lot of chance in a year you will be able to re include some molecules. I’m still on methadone and I don’t like that but like you it saved my life, I took so much drug doctor said I wasn’t able to feel the high of opioids anymore because I killed the receptors, I did 2 mystery seizures because of gabapentin and today I have to take 1.mg of Ativan a day to avoid seizure and I’m not alway taking it because my body does not even support it. If I take more than 2.mg I’m gonna be sick all day next morning. Even I have a hard time digesting drugs I started to re introduce psychedelics and light uppers in my life to connect with myself and gods ou spirits or underworld and find myself. I was puking everything I was ingesting not even . 05 of cocaine at the end, suffering from a delirium tremens and puking 🩸 over the market, after I did everything I just said to feel better for at least a year I rebuilt myself my mind and my body, I’ve never feel so good in my life and I consider myself as a clean person even I’m a test subject sometime now I see it like chamanism. However for the last part of your heroin intoxication I’m almost positive it is related to ether an intolerance or a contamination of the product. It happen all the time with injections and as much snorts. Anyway I hope my comment help you in a way don’t hesitate if you want to contact me personally.

"Heroin" is just a mix of designer opioids and straight up poisons now. Zero heroin. You were probably poisoned by the cutting agents

Like forget being dopesick.. thats a whole other thing. But to get so sick while using just really sucked. I still felt the high but also had those other symptoms so its like was it really worth it? NO

"Heroin" is just a mix of designer opioids and straight up poisons now. Zero heroin. You were probably poisoned by the cutting agents
I think you are generalizing nowadays it is the opposite depending were you are, for exemple in Vancouver dealers giving you the option of fentanyl or straight smack, some thing on the dark web, I was selling opiate for 10 years and I never had hard time buying heroin not mix with fenta. The people is that the general population doesn’t know shit about opiates! If there was a legislation legalizing import of heroin without fentanyl, it 100% sure we would have less overdoses and maybe the piece with goddamn Afghanistan

I think you are generalizing nowadays it is the opposite depending were you are, for exemple in Vancouver dealers giving you the option of fentanyl or straight smack, some thing on the dark web, I was selling opiate for 10 years and I never had hard time buying heroin not mix with fenta. The people is that the general population doesn’t know shit about opiates! If there was a legislation legalizing import of heroin without fentanyl, it 100% sure we would have less overdoses and maybe the piece with goddamn Afghanistan
For sure there is real heroin in select regions like the Texas border and sporadic traffickers of conessueir shit but the junkie masses are doing designers.

I saw this thing on you tube where someone is just buying clean drugs without femt of the web and giving them for free to the community I couldn't beleieve it. They were in Canada somewhere and have been doing it a while. Who's bankrolling something that expensive??

For sure there is real heroin in select regions like the Texas border and sporadic traffickers of conessueir shit but the junkie masses are doing designers.

I saw this thing on you tube where someone is just buying clean drugs without femt of the web and giving them for free to the community I couldn't beleieve it. They were in Canada somewhere and have been doing it a while. Who's bankrolling something that expensive??
I saw the one your are talking about couple weeks ago it is in Vancouver my friend actually live there and he told me it was true. They are giving out «medical grade» cocaine,meth,ketamine,heroin for fFREE it is a good way to induce drugs decreminalization, if people are not hiding andNOT MAKING MONEY out of it what the government have to say about it.

I saw the one your are talking about couple weeks ago it is in Vancouver my friend actually live there and he told me it was true. They are giving out «medical grade» cocaine,meth,ketamine,heroin for fFREE it is a good way to induce drugs decreminalization, if people are not hiding andNOT MAKING MONEY out of it what the government have to say about it
Medical grade? I thought it was just clandestine grade.

Who's paying for all that dope?

Medical grade? I thought it was just clandestine grade.

Who's paying for all that dope?
The product were labeled in a box and honestly It wasn’t clear who paid for that, if you want my opinion it is a wealthy guy touch by this cause financing street workers to distribute it.

The product were labeled in a box and honestly It wasn’t clear who paid for that, if you want my opinion it is a wealthy guy touch by this cause financing street workers to distribute it.
It wonderful and I hope once they see that OD rates drop in that neighborhood it can be used As a proof of concept for a method of dealing with the femt crisis.

It's amazing the government is allowing it Canada always makes me happy to see that they are progressive and not following in the footsteps of their retarded cousin to the south.

It wonderful and I hope once they see that OD rates drop in that neighborhood it can be used As a proof of concept for a method of dealing with the femt crisis.

It's amazing the government is allowing it Canada always makes me happy to see that they are progressive and not following in the footsteps of their retarded cousin to the south.
It is not really permit, more tolerate and it’s true that BC and Ontario are doing great recently but the rest of the canada especially in Québec in still the war on addict. For exemple: I live ira the north border of the province of Québec, in my city there is too many cops for what is happening they are always at home waiting for something that will never happen. So they are not a lot but they have a lot of ressources ( boats, mobile post,trailers,truck,etc.) not using it. There was a guy my Gf went to school with, a really soft guy, (the king of guy that scares anybody) I was supposedly a big dope dealer so they brought a team of « spécial police» from the city to infiltrate and shutdown the network, they finally seized almost 7 g of cocaine a couple oz of hashish and the guy{s DAD car who Had nothing to do with that. (They didn’t even seized the son’s car) and life savings of the family. At least a month later my stepfather’s neighbor died of a fentanyl overdose and the police didn’t even made a crime scene. If it start writing about police in Québec city and Montréal it would be even greater. THIS IS HOW WE DONT DO IN QUÉBEC