• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Has suboxone ever just stopped working for you?

THe only time this happened to me was when they switched me from the white generic subs to the Pink ones. After 3-4 days I started feeling weird. Almost like half withdrawals. I thought it was something else and didn't realize the pink ones were the cause of this.. I switched to the strips and didn't have a problem.. There is no reason unless there is something wrong with the meds that you should go into withdrawal while taking it...

In another sense subs stopped working the way they used to and made me feel numb and like shit. This was after being on them for 5 years.. I had to stop. I felt like shit.. Libido was taking a dive. No drive, tired lazy. Now I got some sober time but ended up using Lope for Paws and am hooked on Lope but I feel much better on maintenence doses of lope.. I'm talking 24 mg's to 60mgs not 200 plus like some people.. My libido is normal and I feel pretty good from it... During the summer I will try to get off the lope but I have a feeling it may take some time to get completely off opiates..Its unfortunate because I feel sober and normal on the lope but when I'm off opiates I'm cold and lazy all the time.. I can't function so I end up going back to low doses of lope.. It really works great for Paws but you need to take it only once or twice a week to avoid dependence.

i can feel u on that man. i was on bupe for 6 years and decided i go to detox to get off. 3 months off now, i get high on oxycodone once-twice a week since being off. but i did go over a month with nothing after subs and PAWS are all to real and i just kept thinking that this might never stop. but on days im not on oxycodone - which is most days- the PAWS from subs is def better. but i still feel em.

hey man we are basically test subjects for subs. there are only a handful of people like us out there who have been on subs for 5+ years - its the same thing for everyone. but at least its not methadone PAWS. lol. i believe it will get better but just might take a long ass time..

The only thing I can think is your habit got so bad that suboxone couldn't take away the WDs, but they still should have helped them to some degree....

The time this happened to me was I slipped up but instead of doing dope again I start ordering powdered, just about pure fentanyl. After starting at like 300mcgs a shot I eventually got to 2-3 (ocassionally even 4 mgs (of fent, not dope or morphine- 1mg of fent is equal to 80-100mgs of morphine) and it only took a few weeks and I was trying to keep it from getting too high; but due to the short half-life you end up dosing fent again and again like literally you are lucky if you make it an hour (I couldn't, even being in a dead sleep, go for more than 2.5 hours and would wake up having to do more- I did try subcutaneous around my belly button and that made it last a little longer)). My habit obviously got HUGE. When I went to take the sub again it really didn't work (I would say it took it from the extreme fent WD to a pretty bad dope withdrawal) and this was even trying to IV the subs (which it was sort of lucky I IVed them so they didn't last the days before being out of your system, I had to go from fent to dope for a few weeks then back to subs).

So essentially if your habit was HUGE they might not work, but I would think they would still bring the WDs down a little which is what happened to me.