• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Has anyone used Vivitrol, and had an emergency while taking it?

jennessaCM

Greenlighter
I am interested in the answer which is asked to me a lot,
if on vivitrol, and you have an emergency what happens during that emergency? Are doctors or paramedics able to break through it? This is a question many ask me and the deter from getting the shot due to the unknown answers?

I am interested in the answer which is asked to me a lot,
if on vivitrol, and you have an emergency what happens during that emergency? Are doctors or paramedics able to break through it? This is a question many ask me and the deter from getting the shot due to the unknown answers?

I'm guessing there are other nonopiate medications they can use. I was on Vivitrol for 8 months and had to wear a medical alert necklace stating I was on Vivitrol in case of emergency. They also give you a similar card to carry in your pocket or wallet.

They would have to give you ketamine instead of an opiate in the Emergency room. Once they got you stabilized I am not sure what they would do. But I can assure you that with how many people are on vivitrol that they have figured out a work around. Granted its not going to be a good situation. This is why its vitally important that people on any kind of opiate blocker (suboxone, methadone, naloxone, naltrexone) wear a necklace or bracelet stating the medication and dose in case you are unconscious.

you can still take fent and super strong opioids I was told when i was on it. morphine and friends won't work unless you really push the dosage.

the vivitrol didn't work for me at all. i feel like it made me obsess over it and it gave me anxiety. i would count down the days until i could get high. would not recommend.

Extended release type naltrexone will not be a problem if the paramedics are advised the patient is taking such. That is the key. If they don't know, then they don't know. So it is important that the people around the person in question do know, in case something shitty does end up happening, though I certainly hope it does not.