• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Has anyone learned anything from opiate addiction?

Yes. I learned what it was like to trily have a drug addiction that invaded every moment of my life. I learned what it was like to have to shoot up vefore work and pop several T1s at the last quarter of a shift just to skate by TIL my first shot the second I got home. I was a functioning addict. I went to college, got my own place in the city. I got a good job and cleared over 50k net in 2017. I learned what it was truly like to have a substance control my every fibre of my being. I learned what the street was really about, as fucked up as it really is. I led a double life, completely.

before that I had major alcohol addictions and Id done every drug at some point. But the truedrug addiction emerged when I was about 25/26... after I got off of heroin with methadone, crystal meth took over. I’ve since quit methadone and only had one short lived opiate relapse in 3 years. Meth introduced me to the screeching monkey which is on my back noe, and may be forever even if I never use again. Meth taught me same as heroin, tenfold.

I am off the opiates though. I went on methadone maintenance and tapered off. So now I know what it’s like to beat a severe drug addiction. I just wish I could Hearn to beat the next level of it. It’s do or die, slowly or instant. People get this hooked on down too; and With down its possibe to die instantaneously, and it’s nothing what happens afterward.

march 4th this year I purposefully overdosed on fentanyl in a suicide attempt. I was dead at the scene revived by paramedics. I know what it’s like to die. It’s literally nothing, and nothikng worth striving for. In a sense opiates taught me that too. They taught me that I want to live and not lead this horrible life, a junkie with nothing worth naming.

Opiates woke me up. They damn near took me down too. It’s not worth it. No addiction really is. You can get off of it. People do it every day. It’s possible.

I'm grateful that your suicide attempt failed even though you are a random stranger on the internet. Life sucks on opiates or off them--you'll always want what you aren't having.

Just how situations can be horrible at random they can also shift in the opposite direction and your life can turn great out of nowhere. I actually think opiates are better for perpetual use regarding depression, as stimulant abuse tends to cause major crashes and mood swings/takes a toll on the brain. Best of luck! Hang in there.

heroin taught me that happiness is a state of being and practice, not an achievement or goal

Whatever pain I was going through wasn't worth the years of aggravation it led to.

Stick to psychedelics.

Opiate addiction taught me that rock bottom has a basement and got me acquainted with somebody deep inside of myself I couldn't have imagined existed and pray I never see him again. Being sucked into the opiate world gave me nothing but pain and a past thats behind me yet always so close, completely controlled mentally and physically I assume that if hell is real its quite similar

Opiate addiction taught me that rock bottom has a basement and got me acquainted with somebody deep inside of myself I couldn't have imagined existed and pray I never see him again. Being sucked into the opiate world gave me nothing but pain and a past thats behind me yet always so close, completely controlled mentally and physically I assume that if hell is real its quite similar

I imagine opiates are appealing to those who struggle with depression as opposed to anxiety. They relieve anxiety in a way but not substantially. Did you have issues with depression beforehand using?

At the time I would have said no but looking back with what I know now I'd have to say absolutely

Well I'm extremely empathetic to addicts and homeless people.. I imagine my drugs use is part of the reason for that. It shocks me how cold some people can be.

Absolutely, I learned a lot about myself from my 10 years of opiate addiction, and my relapses. I learned that I am a drug addict, for real... I do not lie about that anymore to myself. I learned a measure of strength and willpower, too. I learned to appreciate sobriety, although I still love to get high and still do get high (but not on opiates, or some other things anymore either). I learned to deeply appreciate the lack of opiates in my life. I learned about how weak and how strong I can be. I learned about what I am capable of doing when I'm lying to myself and others. I learned to understand and sympathize with addicts. Overall I wouldn't change it, even though I shudder to think about how much money I threw away. It's part of who I am, but I am really glad to be out of it.

I hate that people refer to opiate withdrawal as “a really bad flu”.
That’s not even the start of it.

Being accepting of who I am, has helped me deal with that point exactly.

My addiction has taught me a lot...

It taught me that people are capable of really bad shit when they're desperate enough. That in many ways morality is a luxury that disappears as soon as people can't afford it anymore for whatever reason.

I learned that I am capable of doing a lot worse things, to myself and others than I wish I were.

I think in a lot of ways my experiences in addiction have taught me a lot about people in general. If nothing else it taught me how to very effectively lie and get people to do what I want. Among some other skills I hope I never use again.

I hate that people refer to opiate withdrawal as “a really bad flu”.
That’s not even the start of it.

God me too. People who say that shit, who've read the symptoms and think they have some idea. They have no clue.

I've had a bad flu. Opioid withdrawal is nothing like a bad flu.

I imagine opiates are appealing to those who struggle with depression as opposed to anxiety. They relieve anxiety in a way but not substantially. Did you have issues with depression beforehand using?

For the record, I did. It's part of why I didn't really care that much what happened to me using drugs. At the time anyway. Over time my mental health has improve a lot. But I'm still essentially a heroin addict.

Lol at opiate withdrawal being like the flu. With the flu, you are not plagued by extreme anxiety and depression that makes you feel like you're losing your mind and your soul. With the flu, you might be sore and uncomfortable but you can lay there for days and sleep. With opiate withdrawal you can't stop moving your limbs and you can't sleep no matter what (a few people I have seen on here say they they just sleep 18 hours a day in opiate withdrawal and I'm like, lucky bastard, if I could sleep through opiate withdrawal it wouldn't be so bad).