• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Has anyone had a religious type trip on meth?

motiv311

Bluelighter
About a week ago I had a trip, moment of extreme clarity on meth.... I've been doing it off / on for about ten years or longer and nothing has every been close to this type of experience .... I had a revelation concerning my future , the nature of life, symoblogy ....

it was more powerful than a mushroom trip or acid in terms of sticking with me after the experience... Basically the exerience showed me that I didn't require meth any longer, that I had transcended it. That it wasn't necessary bcause I could more or less stimulate myself at will. I felt my world become magical and real ... like enchanted .

Total trip... I haven't touched the stuff since.

I have personally experienced moments of clarity and strong positive emotions on meth.but no, never had a "Chef" Phil Bushey religious experience.given how I have felt I can totally understand it though and am sure others have felt it.im interested to hear

No but I've never used meth, don't want to; but anything's possible. I found a writing on erowid where someone apparently had a mystical experience while on meth.

What exactly happened to you when you took meth that was a religious or spiritual experience?

I had an awesome lucid dream once from it, and one time around the same time period as the lucid dream, I got so high that I saw all the history of the civilizations of Earth through the various epochs / ages as recorded in the Akashic records. Plus, I felt like an immortal after staying up for 6 days straight. The two oldest civilizations, as it turns out, are India and Greece. The history was exhaustive.

One time on a particularly long binge I did see Satan, I'm not super religious but it seemed very real at the time. I was under the impression that he was punishing me for the sins of humanity.

Of course I was put into a psych hospital shorty thereafter.

Last edited:
One time on a particularly long binge I did see Satan, I'm not religious but it seemed very real at the time. I was under the impression that he was punishing me for the sins of humanity.

Of course I was put into a psych hospital shorty thereafter.

lol

^Yeah it was pretty crazy. Wasn't funny at the time but now it's hilarious.

Just to add. Haven't had a religious experience. Have seen floating shadow people who didn't disappear when looking at them or getting close to them and were 3 dimensional, not just a 2D shadow that I was tripping out about. In short, the only reason it sticks in the mind is because I saw it interact with one person who didn't know what I was watching. Went into their body and they jerked. If that is religious... I don't want to have anything to do with religion lol. I still just tell myself all kinds of things that make it "normal" and "explainable". Like, for instance, the person jerking when the shadow person went inside them... that was coincidence. Or, maybe they DID see me look at them and maybe I had a weird look and they jumped because I freaked them out. And I just didn't see correctly when I thought they weren't looking at me. Anyways...
Nah, nothing religious, technically.

So, really, just because I'm atheist doesn't make religion not real. So, maybe I was having an experience.

Last edited:
Ive had moments of extreme clarity and thoughts and ideas of ways to make my life better but they never eventuated and whatever I did discover well ive now lost more than ive gained in terms of mental function and positive revelations.

Sure I love the feeling, the rush is powerful, I use it specifically to have sex and its great for having amazing, unreal sexual experiences, but theyre usually just that, unreal. I just want cock, to pleasure men and to be pleasured. Im not sure ive ever made love on meth though. So the two sides of meth that I experience are worlds apart. And I don't really think on meth anymore, my mind kind of goes into auto-pilot and I just do. My mouth can certainly move though, im well known for being unable to keep my mouth shut on meth lol

i don't like to wrap sex and amphetamines up together...... it really confuses me and sends the "spirit" of amphetamine towards sex EVERY time..... it tends to lead to a sort of perversion .... and not the "good" kind either.... just a self absorbed sexual sensing machine.

My one time trying meth, I definitely had some moments of extreme clarity...in the shower of all places. It helped put some things in perspective for sure. Didn't see Gawd or anything.

Interestingly, methamphetamine lowers the seizure threshold, and there's a type of epileptic seizure that creates/mimics religious experiences ("talking to god"). Read up on temporal lobe epilepsy if you're interested.

Some of the most profound experiences I've ever had were on meth. Though, I'd suggest using other drugs to achieve this aim since meth is a cruel beast.

Lotta psychosis is religiously themed. Still psychosis.

Interesting. I've seen people have total psychotic breaks and it did not involve religion but it involved them having money or things stolen by a loved one, being beat up or hurt by a loved one when it did not happen at all, and one guy who was big into Ayahuasca in front of multiple people claimed there was a jaguar there that he could talk to.

i don't like to wrap sex and amphetamines up together...... it really confuses me and sends the "spirit" of amphetamine towards sex EVERY time..... it tends to lead to a sort of perversion .... and not the "good" kind either.... just a self absorbed sexual sensing machine.

This is what happens to me every time. Speed turns me into an impulsive, thoughtless sub-human. Spirituality is the last thing on my mind when under the influence of these types of drugs which is why I steer clear.

This is what happens to me every time. Speed turns me into an impulsive, thoughtless sub-human. Spirituality is the last thing on my mind when under the influence of these types of drugs which is why I steer clear.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head lol.

Lotta psychosis is religiously themed. Still psychosis.

This. As long as you call it some religious experience, all is well. Otherwise they tend to lock you up.

BTT: Yes, I had life changing insights on meth binges. It started some day and after that I could just continue the trip after a clean phase until I reached the ultimate climax which changed me personally. Never binged on meth since, though I took some lines a few times. But I feel that this substance has taught me all it can, which was plenty. Don't get me wrong, it was not a pleasant experience most of the time, but I'd do it again if I had to.

Oh yes, I've overdosed heavily on amphetamines during binges and I was seeing whatever the hell I wanted to see. This was having taken 17-20 15mg dextroamphetamine spansules crushed within about 20 hours. It was so goddamn stupid, even for me.

I thought I saw god and he told me how to write the most beautiful music composition ever. I sat alternating between air guitar/piano and frantic, fruitless masturbation for 5 hours. Then, I started coming down and realized I didn't really see or hear anything; I had just sent my brain into some kind of chemical tailspin.

The comedown was pretty harsh and lasted for quite literally a full day. This was all with zero tolerance. It's just the self reinforcing nature of stimulants at work. Although this is more reminiscent of crack head behavior.