• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Has anyone ever tried (or managed) to get you hooked on drugs?

SpiralusSancti

Bluelighter
So often I read, and encountered, people who in bona fide suggest, usually to their parter to try something. Like so common in young age when someone pushes others to “don’t be a pussy” and try getting drunk or stoned. And as people get older it more often transforms to wish to share some to them great experience, to try sex on drugs and such things without thinking twice about possible bad outcome as they are either convinced some substance can’t cause problems or wont cuz his/her partner will just try it or do only seldom.

But that’s not what I have in mind with my question. Very early upon entering world of drugs I met people who were addicted to something, or even outright destroyed their lives by some substance but still were suggesting to me and my friends to “chip in” and get some heroin with them or not being able to, or just claiming so sometimes I’m sure, get what someone asked for (like weed, speed or xtc) and suggesting that they can get heroin (or other opiods). It was plain obvious to me what their intention really was, get more stuff for them by creating more addicts. But it wasn’t to all surrounding me, and neither was it cuz they weren’t bright. Some were simply not educated well enough about dangers brought by use of some substance and sometimes person in question was manipulated by various means to use something he/she otherwise wouldn’t. Perfect example of second case was when really sexy, charming girl (a lot older then my crew at that time and using her attributes well) would get drunk with us, smoke a few splifs and than proceed to suggest we get some heroin; either like it was in a spark of moment, cuz she felt bad/down cuz of all from past and present or whatever sounded appropriate and truthful. She would always sprinkle conversation prior to that or after that with what could be called HR talk, like we should never use needles, talking how some drug fucked her up a lot more than heroin, about of hell of WD if you end up using a lot and all kinds of what seamed as friendly advices. To try to make all that more convincing it wasn’t until she left town she connected us to her plug, and surprise surprise that person was her blood relative selling and hooked to heroin. Two of mine good friends in quite short time became I.V. users and to this day suffer consequences of, from our circle, being closest friends with that girl.

Fast forward a few years one of those two friends I stayed really good with didn’t ever considered to suggest I might better not do opiods (I used them very sparingly but still) and at one point really disappointed me by trying to convince me to try amphetamine I.V.. Saying like it’s a great feeling and why wouldn’t I try it, not like people get hooked to that. I passed the offer and was sad how low he fell.

Latter I experienced that person I would sometimes get methadone solution was suggesting to me and my then girl to do it I.V. Adding how he’s better than a nurse at administering I.V. drugs, how it won’t hurt and such lame things. He was a smart guy but really consumed by both prescription and street drugs and his offer/pushy suggestion made any further communication or hanging out together cuz of his good sides really faded out after that.

Similar thing happened with a person I still to this day find a friend but I’m sad how distorted some of his values became. In this case I wasn’t really that bothered cuz he was suggesting we take something I.V. because he even considered suggesting something like that to his friend (he knew well how broad my drug use was so I might chose to believe he assumed that it wouldn’t affect my life in a negative way and know he’s intention wasn’t to get me hooked like some previously mentioned) but what really bothered me that my partner at the time was recovering addict and he didn’t think twice how that could leg her back to really bad place.

And last examples are where a girl suggested I do something I.V. , well she was certainly more encouraged it instead strongly suggesting against it as after all I’m sure her expression of love toward me wasn’t all fake. Her reasoning was that I’m using drugs to such extent that I’ll for sure try I.V. so might as well with her. I experienced a similar thing with one other partner and her reasoning was I’m atm bigger junkie than she is (didn’t really say exactly so but something in lines of that). In both cases it was pretty disappointing that girls who experienced needle hell didn’t really saw rejoining it with a person they claim to love. Their hard life and even harder past, my nowhere responsible use at the time or anything that comes to mind is of little comfort when trying to see it in any way but wanting to trade all good for a shoot.

It’s truly sad to think how much better persons all those man and woman would stayed or become if they didn’t let their hearts to be so consumed by sweet venom they love too much.

All this makes it so obvious how much misery loves company. Or how drowning person tends to pull down other. And how easy person can get into state where wanting to see world or someone's else life burning becomes appealing. I think this doesn’t only apply to individuals but can be seen on social level where certain groups of people similarly pull other groups toward some kind of misery or doom.

no ones ever convinced me to use drugs for their own profit that i'm aware of. it's mostly just friends of mine that really loved the experience and wanted to share it with others. i think my experience with people is they want to spread the joy they are experiencing with drugs and not misery loves company, but who knows tbh.

my friend had to do some convincing to get me to try mda. i was always worried about getting bad stuff, but he was sure that he could get me good mda. this source was great, ect. i'm kind of glad i ended up trying it. i even tried mdma a few times after with out testing the stuff from different dealers and never really felt like it was the same. i got kind of reckless and didn't care for a while.

when i got out of high school, i was getting sold oxycontin for real cheap and then after a few months of using, the price of the pills went up like 8 times what i was paying. my friend was telling me that they were just trying to see if we would pay for it and they tried getting us hooked. i don't know what the deal with that was. seemed weird to me. i didn't buy anymore once the price went up.

I think the worst example of this I've seen is in junkie culture, where people act like you're "wasting" heroin if you don't inject. I personally have always preferred to snort it. It's just not even really all THAT great a feeling to IV in comparison to other drugs and the risk of overdose is just so high.

This trope I guarantee has created plenty of IV users that otherwise would have just snorted their drugs.

I think the worst example of this I've seen is in junkie culture, where people act like you're "wasting" heroin if you don't inject. I personally have always preferred to snort it. It's just not even really all THAT great a feeling to IV in comparison to other drugs and the risk of overdose is just so high.

This trope I guarantee has created plenty of IV users that otherwise would have just snorted their drugs.
This is great example. Like wth, the h still works from the nose. My ex used to inject ksalols and I wasnt telling her "youre wasting them!" cause that was her fucking business and not mine.

This is great example. Like wth, the h still works from the nose. My ex used to inject ksalols and I wasnt telling her "youre wasting them!" cause that was her fucking business and not mine.
Jesus H. I remember there was a time, way before I knew better, where a friend of mine and I tried injecting valium pills and Dexedrines. Of course nothing much all happened since they're not water soluble and they're pills. He was supposed to be the elder junkie, and should've known better. I think he just had a needle fetish.

That's why it's great places like this exist where people can go to learn what it is they're doing right and what it is they're doing wrong.

no ones ever convinced me to use drugs for their own profit that i'm aware of. it's mostly just friends of mine that really loved the experience and wanted to share it with others. i think my experience with people is they want to spread the joy they are experiencing with drugs and not misery loves company, but who knows tbh.
overall that’s mine experience too with big majority of people.

everyone I mentioned or thought of in first post were or are I.V. users of opiods (and I met at least as many such users strongly advising against I.V. use or even opiods in general) and had a really rough life but every time I experienced it still made me really sad, especially when concerning people I was sure only want me good (and I bet some convinced themselves they don’t do nothing wrong with introducing someone to needle). as for someone outright trying to get someone hooked I think it might be a lot more often in countries like mine where there’s no street dealers and after and during war so many people were ruined with heroin that it became a big no even for most liberal folks doing all kinds of other drugs so those who are both users and dealers resort to such lame things as introducing teens to heroin to get new customers.

No its normally just your mates do you try it . I have had people when i quit heroin not be happy and try to tempt me . But me and a close friend when we quit we each try to tempt the other so we use again we always do it not for heroin but coke or a blast

Yeah, the main guy I used to fuck with when I was into that shit, he convinced me to bang it for the first time using that argument lol. Later I learned that he persuaded his gf to get addicted to dope…and also got her brother addicted to iv dope, just for a way to make more money I guess, by controlling them through their addiction

He was one of the best dealers I’ve ever known, super professional, especially in that area which, like many areas of the rural USA, is populated mainly by user-dealers (and thus plenty of flakes). Everything was always at or above weight, high quality drugs and a variety (he usually had at least three narcotic opioids on offer, back when rx opioids were more common) too. He had a lot of associates in the area so even if he didn’t know where to get something, he usually knew someone who did. Hell, he’d GIVE drugs away sometime, he gave me a gram of some fire dope and bought me an expensive pair of sunglasses once as a going away present, so he was generous and we had some long interesting conversations…but, with all that being said, I saw him do some evil shit too. I don’t think he’s evil, but he did evil…important distinction I think. Humans are…complex and often fucked up

But other than that specific example, I think that “peer pressure”, regarding drugs anyway, is largely a myth. We’d always used to joke that, with dope, an accurate portrayal would be one person passing a bag of dope tentatively to another person and asking with a grimace, “you want some, or…?”

“Nah I’m good”

“Oh thank GOD!” *wipes brow in relief*

Jesus H. I remember there was a time, way before I knew better, where a friend of mine and I tried injecting valium pills and Dexedrines. Of course nothing much all happened since they're not water soluble and they're pills. He was supposed to be the elder junkie, and should've known better. I think he just had a needle fetish.

That's why it's great places like this exist where people can go to learn what it is they're doing right and what it is they're doing wrong.

A friend of mine who was a total IV coke head had such a needle fetish that he shot up toothache gel. Forget which brand. That was the most fucked up thing i heard. He also injected coke into his dick once but stopped when i told him that could cause it to fall off. Some drug users just aint smart

But other than that specific example, I think that “peer pressure”, regarding drugs anyway, is largely a myth.
I consider this topic it’s a completely different from peer pressure and think peer pressure doesn’t have more influence on use that does popular culture or social environment or any number of parameters.

But people who prey on young people to earn on expense on their health and well-being ain’t myth at all. Neither when it comes to drugs nor many other things. Watch documentary “Glue kids of Kenya” as one of extreme examples.

not me, but they tried to get me as part of their little group as they realized they could charge next to nothig and skyrocket the price. I reminded them how fun it would make to be the only one with a substance noone can afford. They gunna go for your throat. So I kept it all my private research hell. (despite a bit of pressure). The point that got them was there was only one plug, they exit scam w/e and its you in the hotseat.

oh in a hypoythetial world I have showed up with money and still have some jerkoff try and try and get me to go on quota, kind of similar.

in a different hypothetical world I was at my buddies who shook some hands. His son came in while I was mid umm handshake and saw I was paying less than he was as the mas son.

its a business.

Last edited: