• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Has anyone ever heard of this??? Tramadol is giving me brain damage it's unbearable

crisler

Bluelighter
I'm a one year user of tramadol actually 15 months. I currently take 300mg a day but as of 1 week ago out of the blue I am experiencing side effects like on steroids every side effect. I never experienced nausea or headaches but out of the blue I'm at work barely competent sitting in the break room scared to death of losing my job. I'm so dizzy I can't do anything right, I am so nauseated I can't eat, typing this makes me feel normal for one second. I am so scared have I caused brain damage? Because I took only 150mg today to see if it would help reduce this and it has not one bit. I'm going to try 50mg tomorrow if not I don't know what to do I'm going to lose my job. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Norepinephrine overload or serotonin syndrome? Also it does go away at bed time.

Also it's not doctor prescribed it's from a doctor but someone else gets it who doesn't take it but I'm going to get off this drug now this is scary I think I damaged my brain I'm so scared

Maybe you're just sick and it's not the tramadol causing problems? And brain damage is extremely unlikely.
Imo you should go to a doctor

If you have been taking 300mgs daily for 15months and then suddenly dropped to 150mg maybe your feeling some form of withdrawals? Probably more likely than you causing brain damage - tell your employer that your feeling unwell (you ate something that is not agreeing with you).

No it started when I was still on 300mg and I thought it was some sort of damage so I lowered dosage. Can't be withdrawals but I'm hoping since it's highly unlikely to be SS or NRI toxicity or something then it's just some kind of illness because it sucks but it will at least not be brain damage if that's the case. I will go to ER when I get off In 2 hours. It's been along night I can't handle this vertigo/dizziness disequilibrium whatever the F is going on

Was a terrible ear impaction iritating my drum they pumped out the hardest lodges up wax Ive ever seen (sorry gross). But the tramadol wasnt the culprit thanks kiff and bearlove. 2 hours later after the cleaning I actually have no vertigo. Its amazing how the things I worry about make no sense. 300mg tramadol isnt gonna damage my brain but that vertigo and nausea and freaking out about brain issues was not fun last night and nearly cost me my job.

A lowering of dose over that period of time may trigger SSNRI type withdrawals, or typically known as "Brain Zaps"

After a complete cold turkey from Tramadol, I experienced the "zaps" just as if I were "turkey-ing" from Celexa or Zoloft.

I don't know if maybe you felt the brain zap type symptoms and may be mistaking that feeling with brain damage. I can totally see how this effect could make one think they were having brain damage type problems, especially if experiencing the sensation for the first time, because the impact of W/D from SSNRI , SSRI, (I believe it's the serotonin selective meds that cause the feeling) is totally uncomfortable and almost feels as if electricity is shooting through the brain. Feels "vertigo-ish" as well.

Just food for thought, look up and research discontinuation symptoms of serotonin uptake medications, and look up "brain-zaps"

A lowering of dose over that period of time may trigger SSNRI type withdrawals, or typically known as "Brain Zaps"

After a complete cold turkey from Tramadol, I experienced the "zaps" just as if I were "turkey-ing" from Celexa or Zoloft.

I don't know if maybe you felt the brain zap type symptoms and may be mistaking that feeling with brain damage. I can totally see how this effect could make one think they were having brain damage type problems, especially if experiencing the sensation for the first time, because the impact of W/D from SSNRI , SSRI, (I believe it's the serotonin selective meds that cause the feeling) is totally uncomfortable and almost feels as if electricity is shooting through the brain. Feels "vertigo-ish" as well.

Just food for thought, look up and research discontinuation symptoms of serotonin uptake medications, and look up "brain-zaps"

He had some ear problems