Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Harmala Alkaloid Intoxication

polymath

Bluelight Crew
Hi guys,

I'm able to get lots of p.harmala seeds and I've been thinking about testing what kind of psychoactive effect a large dose of them would have on its own, without any other psychedelics taken with them. Shulgin's reports and those on Erowid and similar places seem to all say that it produces a heavy alcohol-like intoxication with lots of nausea but also some visuals, especially CEV:s. If I've understood correctly, harmaline and harmine are 5-HT2A agonists to some extent, but also have GABAergic and some other effects.

I'm currently first tapering my antidepressant (sertraline) dose down to only 25 mg and I will not take any at all for at least 5 days before the harmala dose, to prevent serotonin syndrome.

How many of you have tried taking large doses of p.harmala only?

Taking a large dose of harmaline within days of tapering off of a SSRI sounds way too dangerous for me.

That’s in a medical context - the harmala doses you are considering are going to be higher I suspect - true they are RIMAs so safer than irreversables and harmaline is generally safe but I’d be waiting a bit longer just out of caution. Apart from that be very interested how this turns out and have been considering it for ages my self - harmalas have been rather over looked in and of themselves.

Not a pleasant trip at all , if my memory serves .
Certainly nothing there to warrant going back and trying it again ...

Much better is to use much less P . Harmala seed , as well as some DMT botanical material [ e.g P . Viridis , Acacia , etc ] .