• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Harm reduction people came to my my neighborhood today

Agentahna

Bluelighter
Today I was walking with someone to AutoZone to get a can of fix a flat and I saw a crowd of people going up the street the same way I was going. They said "there's people giving out free stuff" and I was like, oh cool okay, I can dig that who doesn't love free stuff?

So there's a soccer mom van and a small car and inside the soccer van you can see that it's filled to the brim with syringes and supplies. There was a crowd of people gathering and one of them asked me if I needed anything, I thanked them and told them I was in recovery but thank you for what you're doing (I was an IV drug user in the past and it's a miracle I didn't get hep c or worse). They then asked me if I needed some narcan, and were just really nice man. I got a dose of narcan which is nice just to have because you never know. I live in kinda a shitty area and they just pulled up and started handing stuff out.

God bless and protect anyone who is out there still using, it's nowhere I want to be again. Anyone who is dedicated to harm reduction is an amazing person and narcan really saves lives!

Bump I'm interested in harm reduction in my small community, thinking test strips for illicit fentanyl since the majority of overdoses are just that. I have access to a small amount of funding. Has anybody started something like this? I'm not even sure what to consider with a project like this. I've searched but didn't really find what I was looking for.