• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

harm reduction - methadone and klonopin

wwindexx

Bluelighter
I've been on 50mg methadone a day for the last few weeks, starting from the 30mg i started daily about 3-4 months ago. Klonopin mixed with some good pot satisfies me to the point where you could put heroin in front of me and I wouldn't touch it. I got a bunch of 2mg klonopins to keep me calm while craving dope. I've been taking .5mg (a quarter of a 2mg) at a time a few times a day. How much is safe for me to take? I usually take 1.5mg within a few hours.. Would it be safe to just take a 2 and just let it go from there? How much risk is there in mixing klonopin with methadone? A lot of people at the clinic take benzos from what I here so I can't imagine it to be too unsafe. I refuse to even drink on my methadone.

Benzos + Methadone is one of the more unsafe combos out there due to the respiratory depression.

I would take 1/2 of a 2mg clonazepam tablet as needed, without exceeding 3 or 4mg total. If you don't have a benzo tolerance, only take 0.5mg at a time.

Plenty of people underestimated the respiratory depression from benzos + methadone and have overdosed, though. Please be careful.

when i used to have a script of kpins i used to eat like 6mgs at a time. I heard benzo tolerances stay for a very long time. I actually quit cold turkey with no symptoms. I was on em for like 7-8 months.

when i used to have a script of kpins i used to eat like 6mgs at a time. I heard benzo tolerances stay for a very long time. I actually quit cold turkey with no symptoms. I was on em for like 7-8 months.

OK then, with your tolerance, I would think you should be OK taking up to 2mg or more (not exceeding 4-6mg total) of clonazepam.

Still, be careful. Opiate + benzo synergy is pretty strong, surprisingly.

methadone and klonopin

I take 0.5 klonopin 3 times a day and 10 milligrams of methadone twice a day also. I went to my monthly appt. and urine test. Nothing showed up in my urine. This is my first month on klonopin. I had never had a problem before for 2 yrs. I got my meds but Im afraid the same thing will happen next month.

Klonopin does not show up as a benzo on the benzo urine test, it has to be specifically tested for.

It will show up in doses of some odd 15mg oral, but heh... don't abuse it

I recently had an experience where I took methadone and a xanax. My girlfriend tried to wake me up for over thirty minutes, I woke up with her crying and hitting me in the face. She said she had been hitting me quite hard and for a long time. I remember me being completely out of it and not understanding the situation. The situation was VERY scary. I don't recommend it and hope you don't have an experience like mine.

I mi><ed benzos with weak opiates,but never with the strong ones. Be carefull, methadone and benzos has dropped a few people in my area that had insane tolerances. Just last week a friend of mine was in the hospital for three days for a methadone and valium overdose. I would say just take everthing as needed.

methadone and benzos is a frequent cause of accidental overdose deaths

When your eyes get really heavy and everything is flashing black, just hold them open with your hands and have somone watch you. LOL.

if you have a tolerance to both, you should be fine taking your normal dosages as you do. You'll run into trouble possibly if you either up your methadone or your benzo's.

ugh ugh ugh.

i'm sorry but this is a recipe for disaster.

methadone supreses your breathing, so does klonipin.
both have long have lives...

don't take more than 1 2mg. smoke pot as much as u feel the need but its scary to think of what coulda happened. if you took 4-5 of those suckers with your mdone you could be dead son.

i have nerve palsjy last night so much pain i ate 4 mg klon im tollerent to it been on 4 years i jus quit suboxone so i had 2 get something i jus had a hell off a buzzz

I know that i take both of these frequently, and i use much higher doses than most of you have been discussing and i'm fine. I took my 80 milligrams of methadone this morning and I just took 4 1 milligram K pins, 3 sublingually and one chewed up. Im fine and considering taking a fifth. Maybe its about tolerance. Being careful is good but as long as you dont sketch out and you are realistic about your tolerance you will be fine.

Every now and then when I come across some methadone I usually take about 2 milligrams of my prescribed Klonopin with it. However, I have a pretty decent tolerance to klonopin being that I have taken it for years. I can remember when it was first prescribed to me, .5mg twice a day, and just a .5 milligram pill was plenty to give me a good Buzz even for 2 days. This is when I had no tolerance to benzodiazepines though. I think many people don't realize just how strong Klonopin really is for those with no tolerance. If you have no tolerance definitely take only .5mg if you're going to mix it with methadone or any other CNS depressant. Also remember that Klonopin takes about an hour and a half to two hours to peek. Doesn't mean you won't feel it within about 30 to 45 minutes, but therein lies the danger. Many people with little or no tolerance to benzos think after taking a Klonopin dose 30 to 45 minutes ago that the effects are already at Peak, so they end up taking more not realizing the peak has yet to come. When taking Klonopin always wait two hours to decide if you want more especially if you're going to mix it with another CNS depressant. And if you have little or no tolerance to benzos you will definitely only need .5mg to get a buzz, then wait at least 2 hours and decide if you want more. Also, in my experience you should take klonopin on an empty stomach and wait about an hour before you eat, klons are far less effective on a full stomach.

I'm in 6MG of K's daily (2mg - 3 daily) & 90mg of methadone.

When using, I'm sure the the 3mg of xanax XR (3mg x 2 daily) plus 2mg bars for breakthrough & the 3+ grams of H (in NYC & Brooklyn) had to be worse.

Sadly I am a MSW & a M-RAS