HAPPY HARDCORE

Yes Yes YEs I love Happy hardcore no matter what i'm on it gets me moving and always makes me smiles....... Happyhardcore will never die in my eys!!!!!!!!11
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
peace out
Kiddie
much love and lots of huggles
PLUR the way to a better world

Would some of you hardcore people give me a hand at defending the music we love to roll against this plum with a funny name who says that it's more fun to go to the dentist than listen to happy hardcore!
Help would be appreciated.
MuCh LoVe
------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

I LooooooovE hap*E* core too kidz!!! ::i cant stop raving:: GREAT while rollin, really gets the groove in ya, and ANYTIME i hear it i just gotta DANCE!!!
------------------
"We hold these experiences to be self-evident, that all is equal, that the creation endows us with certain inalienable rights, that among them are: the freedom of the body, the pursuit of joy, and the expansion of consciousness."

Just replying to my own post so that more people see my post because I do think it's quite important.
P.S. Was anybody at Helter Skelter?
------------------
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

i just heard Simon Apex spin NYE and that was my first time listenin to happy hardcore.. that shit was bad ass.

YaY Happy Hardcore! I've loved it for months, but saw it spun for the first time last night. Venom rocks! I never liked booty house but it eneded up being the perfect ending to the night. I wish there were more Happy Hardcore parties in the states! I may have to travel to Toronto one of these days!
~*~*~Wildflower~*~*~

Been a longtime happy hardcore fan, nothing pleases me more to hear Anabolic Frolic, Venom or Entropy spin a phatty happy hardcore set. Glad to see theres lots of others, its not quite that popular around here.
------------------
Smad
Choose Love, Choose Laughter, Choose your Friends, Choose Raves, Choose Life...

It seems, unfortunately, that happy hardcore has yet to take off properly in the states. Whether this is because of society, youth culture, the current drugs scene or the music itself I don't know but I do know that in the UK, where happycore music was once pioneering within the dance scene, it is a combination of these factors leading to a change of direction into styles such as garage and drum & bass which is sad but it is something which everybody needs to come to terms with. I know that I for one will be the last person on the dance floor 'avin' it to hardcore in its final hour and its people like me and you who will see to it that the happy hardcore scene never ever truely die.
------------------
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

I LOVE HAPPY HARDCORE!
hehe... here in Winnipeg, we recently had DJ Brisk (of brisk and trixxy's "eye opener") and our own local happycore DJ: JUSTRICH who is simply AMAZING... they had a spin-off at the after party... which I sadly had to miss.
the party was called Plastic grooves, and was one of the greatest parties have ever been to.

I LOVE HAPPY HARDCORE!
hehe... here in Winnipeg, we recently had DJ Brisk (of brisk and trixxy's "eye opener") and our own local happycore DJ: JUSTRICH who is simply AMAZING... they had a spin-off at the after party... which I sadly had to miss.
the party was called Plastic grooves, and was one of the greatest parties have ever been to.

HEY
i used to play/listen to/ love & dance to Happy hardcore in about 1995, still love old skool now! (ratpack-squirrel-Slipmatt still knows da score)
I still got a LOAD of vinyl, stuff like JDS-Higher love, Earth Records, Slammin Vinyl etc :))) last do i went to was Dream Fm & Slammin Vinyl @ Bagleys in about 1994, when it was only two rooms...now that was some time ago WHOA headfuck!
favourite toons?
Force & styles - Pretty Green Eyes
Dougal - love of my life
DJ Ham - Anybody out there?
Old skool
Blame - the music takes you
DJ Krome - The Slammer
Fat controller - Complete Darkness
memorieeeeeeees :cool:))
PlUr
Jono
ooo fuck cant forget the original Labrynth on Dalston lane...got lost in there LOADS of times - theres a fucking Tescos there now! what justice is that?
[This message has been edited by jonoUK (edited 03 January 2000).]

hello jono,
how come you used to love happy hardcore?
What's so bad about it now?
Is it because it changed from breakbeat to bouncy or what?
I'm not so sure of Slipmatt knows the score anymore. He used to smash it up in every one of his sets but now he's decided to turn his back on happy hardcore so that he can play hard house and trance ):
Squirrell a wicked dj know if you like a bit of classic old skool anthems but back in the dream days i feel his mixing skills left something to be desired.
as for RATPACK, well what can i say, they more or less control the old skool breakbeat scene by themselves! I think that the sets they play these days are quite repetitive and yet the can still get the crowd moving no matter what. What do you think of all the new stuff (old skool-new skool break) that they are doing these dayz?
You know if your finished with all your records from the early days of rave then you could proberbly make quite a bit of money from them although I'd hold on to them for a little longer as the price of old skool vinyl is rising due to it's recent popularity.
I don't know how you can stay away from a hardcore rave for 5 YEARS! That would just be torture for me. Why don't you pop down to hardcore heaven one of these days!
The first rave I went to was Slammin'Vinyl/dream FM in May '96. There where a lot of Mc Donalds going round at the time (fucking good pills). You could never get the same vibe back from those days though.
I have to say mate, that pretty green eyes (along with paradise and dreams) is possibly, in my eyes, one of the worst hardcore tunes ever made. I don't know why force and styles couldn't've just stuck to there original cheesy stuff like 12 midnight and funfair (now those were TUNES).
Love of my life will always be a classic tune but it does grow old with time and can start to get on your nerves after a while. They tried remixing it bu it didn't really come back to life.
Anybody out there is a tune. Very dancy. Ham brings a unique style into his hardcore especially with next generation.
In complete darkness is a proper tune especially the sensational remix. Freaks me out a litt;e bit on acid.
I hear stories about the labyrinth on Dalston lane. Never been there myself but I used to go reguarly to the pleasure room. Alright if there's nothing else to do but otherwise...
------------------
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

Well, after raving away, week in week out, i kinda just got sick of hearing the same DJ's banging out the smae tunes in their sets....for me the only people whoo did anything original when playing out were Brisk + Vinylgroover...Sy was FUCKING BLINDING pre-4/4...his last sets at Dreamscapes were legendary, and i think one night at Fusion after it moved to the ravedome in hounslow, he played one of the best sets ive ever heard, i still remember it now, place went mental to tunes like *in effect* *floor friction* & *shine on*, but unfortunately the scene started going downhill IMHO...just a matter of personal preference...after experienceing about five weekends of shit nights swimming with attitude, not jsut from the crowd, but from the staff, DJs & MC's (fine when theyre on stage - when theyre moving around the venue they need red carpet treatment - WANKERS) I thought there was no hope for all night dancing and hapiness...then i stumbled across a lil club called strawberry sundae, opn 9pm til 8am and playing banging hard house with an old school vibe & venue and NO ATTITUDE!! first night i went there i was in there 10 hours, and havent looked back since, bar the odd old skool bash @ Camden and some at the Rocket (the original london venue!)
As for hardcore today, if i hadnt been raving in the past, im sure id love it, but the lack of originality in the scene when i made my exit kinda nailed the coffin closed, I just dont have any interest anymore. i could guarantee you i could pick a hardcore compilation up and pick out a cheesy sample, riff or remix of a track that has already had the treatment five times....shame noone stuck to helter skelters old slogan "forward ever backward never"
And yes, DJ ham is the bollocks, and his collaberations wiv brisk on Next Gen records were some of my faves :)
Id never part with my old skool vinyl, they were an integral part of my youth and ud have to draw blood before getting your hands on them
wink.gif

I think the last hardcore record i bought was Eternity by Jimmy J, some bird and Justin Time, I cant believe Jimmy J is still doing his business man, He runs slammin vinyl in kingston which used to be my local record store...once it was three floors and they had just about every tune u could ask for...now its just the lowly top floor - a fraction of what was once a hardcore empire, sad really
frown.gif
bunked many a lesson in there
So hardcore heaven is STILL going? i remember when it started at the rythm station in Aldershot, now THAT was a nasty venue! well it wasnt nasty, but the clientel was somewhat unsavoury if you caught the wrong night...
sorry, but i hated funfair, i got their album and the DJ eruption mixx of pretty Green eyes is fantastic, i still play it today
smile.gif

anyway cant chew the yarn all day - catch u later m8
Jono
------------------
The giant Drug monkey has spoken...heed these words

and ironically - slipmatt plays strawberries now, and its fookin bangin, hes got this mix of Zero B's "lockout" - a Cloud 9 classic and you can hear people losing their marbles when that bass kicks in.......ooo tingly!
laters
jono
------------------
The giant Drug monkey has spoken...heed these words

and again - ironically - i was at that same Slammin/Dream do too...that was the one before they split to do individual parties wasnt it? just meant we had an extra party to go to, but the dream ones werent that good at adrenaline village and Linford film studios, slammin stayed at bagleys - one of my fave venues in london cos ive known one fo the owners for donkeys years :) i tend to go on a saturday night though cos DJ Ariel is one of the best DJs in london and a massively underratted resident - and a top lad to boot

You all seem to be the right people to pose this question to: What exactly IS happy hardcore? How would you describe it? I've been to a small rave where someone told me the dj was spinning hh but now I don't believe it. (It was really just house... really really happy house... boring) What should I check out if I want an example of it? I'm curious.

sunjoy. at your search engine type "tearin' breakz". When you pull up the site click on tearin' breakz @ the bottom of the page. Them click samples to download samples of Happy Hardcore. Hope that helped.

Happy Hardcore is the best!!!!
I was trying to find some good music(the city I come from sucks and isn't too up-to-date on the music. We have one good DJ in the whole city. So, to find music around here is hard. Then, someone mentioned HH and I downloaded a bunch of songs - haven't gone a day without listening to my Happy HArdcore now!!!!
smile.gif

smile.gif

------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

jono,
you know after a while all the dj's and the ravers started thinking the same way about the originality aspects of the music so the producers changed it in such a short period of time and in such a dramatic way that many people were put off ie. When breakbeat suddenly when bouncy. I personally welcomed the change as dj's like dougal and force & Styles were able to put a cheesy edge to there work which they could not not achieve during the breakbeat era.
On the other hand, the more bangin' side of hardcore was kept alive and kicking with sy especially when he was joined by MC Storm as they now rip up dancefloors up and down the country with their skillful scratch attacks.
It has to be said that Vinylgroovers work is the most original and the most pleasing to the ear. As a producer I rate him #1 although a lot of people who I've met think all his tunes sound too 'tinny' whatever that means.
Brisk in his earlier days used to piss me off with all his gabba style technocore which he purpously played to fast to dance too. I thaught his music was cheap and tasteless until about '97 when his record label NEXT GENERATION more or less dominated the scene with Shooting star. Many more top quality purely hardcore tunes followed after such as Break of Dawn and Sailaway which were unmatched by most producers other than VISA who made similar stuff.
Just thaught I'd let you know incase you didn't already:
1. Dreamscape is now called Dreamscape Drum & Bass and plays 'only the finest in Drum & Bass and Speed Garbage'
2. Fusion is not at all what it used to be. There parties attract little attention and they now play mainly trancecore stuff.
3. Only 700 people turned up to the last hardcore heaven and know the Sanctury can no longer be used for rave purpouses as it is 'not commercially viable' whatever the fuck that means. So HH are moving to London later this year. I don't know where but I hope it's at Bagleys.
I see what you mean though about the change of atmosphere in the rave scene. PLUR just doesn't seem to exist any more however I can see Unity coming back in a big way soon. I think that people are gradually learning from there mistakes and soon, with any luck, love and respect will thrive. Unfortuately I can't really say the same for e or hh but i think that once garage and drum & bass have faded the changes that I mentianed will start to take place.
I went to Raindance at the rocket once but a prefered it at the drome (londone bridge) where they used to do heaven under the arches.
It's true that hardcore tunes get remixed all the time bu i have to say that that's a good thing. Hardcore, when you think about it, is quite a new style of music and so remixes are needed to overcome the experimental stage.
Eternity is worth quite a bit of money now. I'd hold on to that with the rest of your old skool. Jimmy J has always seem to have stuck tou to one particular part of what I call sensational breakbeat/4-beat hardcore from the 94-95 period and the man's still doing today. That's PASSION. And I have enough respect for him. Destiny and 99 Red Balloons are another two of his classics.
It seems that we like (or you used to like) entirely differant styles of hardcore. I don't even think of Pretty Green Eyes as a hardcore tune but more of a chart song. Infact I hate any hardcore tune where they use a mans voice to do the vocals. it just doesn't sound right.
Paradise and Dreams, Feelin' Fine and Higher Ground are just a few examples.
I bet the lock up remix ain't a touch on the original?
I really hate Slipmatt
wink.gif

What I can't understand is how you can make that choon sound tingly. I've found that only hardcore tunes such as Techno Wonderland, Show Me Heaven and It's like a Dream have been able to make me tingle.
Anyway, I think I've waffled enough
speak to ya soon
------------------
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

If anybody wants some Happy Hardcore tunes ('cause I know a lot of you people in the states can't get hold of some stuff) and you know how to send them through the internet. Tell me and I'll sort you out as I have (or like to think I have abig selection.
I don't think anybody should be denied of happy hardcore and I feel that it is very important to spread the hardcore vibe.
pEacE
------------------
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-