Happy 23rd Birthday Bluelight 🎉🎊

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
It's come to my attention that our dear forum has gained another year around the sun, taking another long stride away from the rebellious adolescent phase and closer to the menopause and mid-life crisis phase.

For anyone interested in learning about our journey from an underground message board to the largest harm reduction forum in the world, please check out this thread https://bluelight.org/xf/pages/History/

It's important to keep the mission in sight while on here. First and foremost we are here to support the people that find their way here, through whatever it is they may be going through. That is the bottom line and the most important thing, our Golden Rule if you will. I hope everyone keeps this in mind while you're here, and helps to foster a sense of community that we can all be proud of.

Here's to you, Bluelight, and to many more, I can only imagine what this bright future has in store for you.

Beautiful birthday card. Thank you.
It's come to my attention that our dear forum has gained another year around the sun, taking another long stride away from the rebellious adolescent phase and closer to the menopause and mid-life crisis phase.

For anyone interested in learning about our journey from an underground message board to the largest harm reduction forum in the world, please check out this thread https://bluelight.org/xf/pages/History/

It's important to keep the mission in sight while on here. First and foremost we are here to support the people that find their way here, through whatever it is they may be going through. That is the bottom line and the most important thing, our Golden Rule if you will. I hope everyone keeps this in mind while you're here, and helps to foster a sense of community that we can all be proud of.

Here's to you, Bluelight, and to many more, I can only imagine what this bright future has in store for you.

History of Bluelight​

The Origins of Bluelight​

Beginning in 1997, there was a small message board hosted on bluelight.net called the MDMA Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse was a side project for the owner of a design company called Bluelight Designs in West Palm Beach, Florida. The message board could only hold a few threads before they scrolled off the board and could not be retrieved.
Nevertheless, a small but dedicated number of people were regular participants and it felt like a close community. Someone suggested that a more permanent home be created so the message board could be stable and the content could be better managed.
The New Bluelight was created in May 1999 as a new home for the MDMA Clearinghouse participants. The "bluelight.nu" domain was registered in June 1999. Once the technical details were finalized, "The New Bluelight" opened for business and most of the crowd from MDMA Clearinghouse migrated to the new forums.
At least two different kinds of message board software (DCForum and wwwboard.cgi) were used between May 1999 and October 1999. There are no posts remaining from that time period. "The New Bluelight" changed software again in October 1999 and has operated continuously ever since then. From that time, Bluelight has grown from a small underground forum to one of the largest message boards of all time.
At some point the MDMA Clearinghouse collapsed and disappeared, although historic screen shots of the front page are still available through . While there have been many changes, Bluelight is still maintained by volunteers and a strong community spirit continues to evolve.
In October of 2005 the domain was switched to "bluelight.ru". In January of 2014, the domain switched to "bluelight.org".

Bluelight Timeline

🎂

Happy birthday to our beautiful and incredible community.
Most websites only last a couple years, if that.
Of the miniscule portion that last nearly as long as we have, the vast majority end up low/zero-activity long before this point.
The fact that our site is as alive as ever truly speaks volumes to how special Bluelight is.

Our 24th birthday will be here before we know it! 🎂

Looks like the site is just in its prime! Look at the regularity with which new members drop in all the time!

I 💙 BL