• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Happiness taken away from skunk.

bluerob

Bluelighter
Used to love skunk and hash.

Smoked from 14. By 21 instead of having a laugh playing mario cart, the affects turned sour, paranoia and anxiety, hypervigilance everytime without fail.

A friend said I developed an adverse affect to thc, and psychologically now because I'm expecting a bad buzz to happen it generally will, even with hash.

I try it every so often just wishing for a good buzz but nope.

I miss skunk and hash.

This doesn't happen on any other drug, all overs I have a brilliant buzz and happy.

What could have caused this?

If you do other drugs enough, then yeah it does happen.

At least for me, all drugs have lost their magic at one stage. The only way to get the magic back for me is not relying on the drugs to help me have a good time, I find something that will already give me a good time and take the drugs along with it and I find that the good feelings can be brought back. For example I only really take E when im raving coz its the only place I get the desired effects.

You might never be able to get high the way you want to ever again, but the way to find out IMO is to do what I just suggested and find something you love doing and get high with it, dont get high and expect the weed to make everything happy and funny like it used to be.

Good luck

now a days i just hate skunk cause its so damn indica! It sounds like you dont have a tolerance & if ever smoked for a day or 2 straight itd take care of itself.

You've smoked weed for too long. That shit stops working eventually, that's where the "gateway drug" theory actually applies to weed.

if tat was directed my way i stepped out of the park from heroin & cocaine dependence so im satisfied with the minor dopamine release(squirts instead of flood).

I've only been smoking weed for a year and its already not as intense and awe-inspiring that it used to be. I still like smoking but its become a natural part of my life and its not quite as magical. If you've been smoking weed for 7 years its possible that weed just won't get your rocks off ever again.

I've only been smoking weed for a year and its already not as intense and awe-inspiring that it used to be. I still like smoking but its become a natural part of my life and its not quite as magical. If you've been smoking weed for 7 years its possible that weed just won't get your rocks off ever again.

Weed stops affecting you due to tolerance, but not just because you've been smoking it for too many years. Frankly, it sounds like the OP is TOO affected. My advice would be to take some sober time, try to use pot in a different context, and maybe check out the hundreds of other threads on this exact same topic.

I've been smoking 8 years now. Used lots of other drugs in the past. Went through the same anxiety as the OP.

Still love weed.

thanks for your replys, and yeah will try it when I'm enjoying myself doing something like trip to beach or something like that.

I do miss it,,,, but its not essential in my life.

Happened to me a bit, used to LOVE weed more than anything, been smoking regularly for nearly 3 years on and off, doing it most nights. Then I abused it rediculously over this summer, like 24/7 heavy use for like 4 months. After that cut down to only smoking at night, but I noticed the highs were lasting way too long, like I'd smoke up at night and still be high the entire next day without smoking any more. Then I noticed that sometimes I would get anxiety a little bit, which never happened before in the slightest. So then I stopped for a few weeks, went back and now it seems like I can't even handle it lol, a few bowls and I'm totally gone, I did have a fair tolerance and thats disappeared. Its like I have a hypersensitivity to THC now. Going to have a long break (which I needed to to anyway for university) then go back and see how it goes.

Its strange though, I know people who have been smoking like I did over summer for like 5-10 years and all they get is a major tolerance which never goes away, they just need more and more. Yet other people like myself seem to gain this sensitivity over prolonged, heavy use which makes it less enjoyable. Weird drug!

The thrill may be gone but I can't quit you babe

Not trying to dick size here but I've been a pothead off and on (mostly on) for 40 years. What really sucks, is I have relatively shitty connections and almost always only have access to BC mids. Once in a blue moon maybe something purple will show up but not too often.

Sometimes it does get a little old but there are some new compounds that'll stone you to your soul like nothing you have ever smoked before in nature (JWH-018 has been sampled so far). There is hope for us burn outs=D.

I had always smoked regs-to-mids and this winter break a great friend helped me get some decent chron. Now, ater smoking it for 4 weeks straight, smoking once a day feels the same as smoking mids once a day.

It's not really magic, but I can feel pretty good and different with just a bowl. I think vapes and joints help the OP's problem (fear) because they come on slow, a massive bonghit as the first high of the day will make me feel strange. I think a combo of saving grass for special times and learning to just let go of fear (say, when you've smoked in an apartment building and there's nothing more you could do to change the smell) could help the OP. If not, be glad that you're saving money. Just use the cash to buy clothes and go after girls instead.

im the oppisite wen i startted(cheap swag) i was always parnoid after i smoked. especialy with friends..... but now wen i smoke ( cronic level ) im totally chill no matter were im at lol ....i still get parnoied i just am so chill about it now @ somtimes i get panic attacts still not bad ones though

Ok i'm high as fuck on all sorts of drugs... keep that in mind when reading this.

You're just burnt out. You've depleted the stuffs you need to get high and psychologically it not a novel experience which plays part in producing the high.

What I would do is first, take a long break. That means no weed or hash for at least a month. This will cleanse the THC and it's metabolites out of your body, and fix your cannabinoid receptors, replenish and re-balance your neurotransmitters. Here are some things you can do to help your body along.

- Supplement with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are precursors to eicosanoids which include endocannabinoids.

- Take Multi-vitamin/mineral.

- Diet is very important. Eat lots of protein and unsaturated fats especially.

- Meditation - Stimulates alpha brain waves which are the state of mind cannabis puts you in. Also releases dopamine and beta-endorphin. I like to do this when i'm high too.

- Avoid stress. Your body uses up endocannabinoids, norepinephrine and other neurotransmitters in response to stress.

- Organic unprocessed Cocoa. Contains alkaloids which prevent break down of or are precursors to anandamine, phenylethylamine, serotonin and dopamine which are partly responsible for producing the cannabis high (except for serotonin). Also makes a great potentiator and may help with withdrawals. I ate half of a 90% cocoa bar and it felt like I took a couple tokes of some sativa weed. Also contains potent anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals.

- DL-phenylalanine. Will replenish PEA, dopamine, and norepinephrine. Also prevent breakdown of beta-endorphin and enkephalins. MJ affect the opioid system, which is responsible for the indirect dopaminergic effects.

- Daytime excercise. Cardio will help you sweat out the THC in your system, and help you lose weight if the munchies made you a little fat. Also will help replenish melatonin and PEA. Standing more often than sitting may be helpful.

- Darkness - stimulates melatonin production.

- Gingko biloba. I find this helps with the short-term memory impairment. Also has an MAOI effect, preventing breakdown of tryptamines and phenethylamines.

All of this will help you get through the weed-free month, and return your body to the state it was in before you started smoking. I guarantee the high will be incredible after you do this.

Last edited:
i've been smoking for 11 years with no problems, so all i can say is sorry, i don't know what to tell ya.

good luck.

Either take a long break, or try and determine what the root of your anxiety is and get it sorted.

Ah yes this phenomenon usually will affect some people at one point or another, and then there are lucky bastards like Mind Melt, hehe. I've sort of reached a point in the road where weed doesn't do for me what it once did.

Weed used to be so god damn magical, then it became somewhat of a social thing that lost it's magic but I still enjoyed it. Then after a while I was just like god damn I don't even enjoy this anymore WTF!!

The absolute only thing that seems to help me is taking a break. I've reduced my smoking intake considerably lately because I'm trying to get a new job, and even just taking a couple of days off seems to help me. If you can manage about a year off or so, it would be even better.

This seems to be a pretty common phenomenon with all drugs of abuse though. If you abuse it hard enough and long enough chances are that it will give rise to negative side effects, I noticed the same thing with DXM and opiates too. I'm clean from everything for a while and to be honest it feels good. Good luck man, hope the good times come back for ya!

I've been smoking weed for about 25 years, with a 2 year break somewhere in there. I had to stop smoking because, like you, I'd just become anxious and paranoid after I smoked. I found this really frustrating. Weed has been very kind to me and it helps me with my chronic pain condition.

I figured I had just set up a psychosomatic loop in my mind where I was expecting to develop anxiety attacks, so I decided to try to re-train my brain to expect to just get high and not panicked. It worked pretty well but it didn't entirely solve the problem. I take a low, prescribed dose of Xanax (.5mg) every night anyway. So I decided to take triple my dose for a week before I smoked. It worked. If you don't already take benzos you might not want to try this because the risk of benzo addiction. But it did work for me. After the week was up, I dropped back to my normal dose, and ever since I've been able to enjoy smoking without the anxiety.

Just a side note on tolerance…pni.spoololife.nfoI grew up in Northern California around a lot of growers so I've always been lucky enough to smoke the chron. I switch strains regularly, but I've never experienced an increase in tolerance except when I did my benzo experiment. That was motivation enough to drop back to my therapeutic dose. Usually two hits is good for me and I couldn't get high enough when I was taking more Xanax (1.5mgs).