• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe H to MDone to Bupe Advice plz

mainlinah

Greenlighter
Hey gang. I relapsed after 15yrs of great success (graduated from college summa cum laude, 10yr career in IT working for Fortune 500 companies) and been back on H for the last 4. Smoking and sniffing turned back into banging and now my veins are gone (submerged/unhittable) in arms, hands, feet, neck. Never tried groin and can't get legs to work, so out of desperation I've been skin popping / muscling in forearms and biceps. Nightmare. Very painful, ugly, demeaning nightmare. But strangely enough it still hits stronger and faster than smoking (and I still get the needle fix). And easier to conceal, unless it's too hot for long sleeves. But I digress...

I'm ready to quit. Or at least give it the 'ol college try (again). I have a handful of bupe (non-naloxone white tabs (subutex?)) and about 2 to 4 days of Methadone. I'm super sensitive to precipitated withdrawal and have had it even after 16 to 24 hours. I also tend to break down after about 12 hours tops (of no dope) so making it thru to WDs and transferring to subs is always a challenge. I usually end up copping long before I start feeling any REAL symptoms of withdrawal. Again, I digress.

Moral of the story is, I'm thinking of doing my last shot tonight, then drinking the Methadone in the morning, go for a few days till it runs out, then move over to the bupe and do a quick taper over 2 weeks.

Methadone has a long half life, but will this matter (in regards to precipitated withdrawal) if I'm only taking it for 2 to 4 days? Am I better off just trying to willpower my way thru 24+ hours and start with 4 to 8mg of subs/bupe? I'm much more likely to start this detox / taper AT ALL if I can start with the Methadone, but will that make me more likely to suffer precipitated WDs unless I wait like 48 hours after the last sip?

I appreciate any help / advice / experience you can offer...

Yes methadone is probably the worst drug to take if your planing to induct onto suboxone. It depends on the dose though. Rehabs in my area that use Subutex will not accept people until they taper to 30mg or lower of methadone. I went into a vicious precipitated withdrawal after waiting 55 hours after taking 80mg of methadone. Be very careful if you use the methadone before Subutex.

Do you want to be off everything? No methadone clinic?
Regardless of which route you take...dont take your first dose of sub with 4-8mg, start low, you can always take more. Especially if your sensitive to precip I would start with 1mg. Wait 30-45 and see how you feel..as long as you don't feel WORSE, your fine to take more. This way Instead of throwing you completely into PW, you'll just feel worse then you did. Kind of like a test dose, like when you dip your foot into water to test the temperature instead of diving right in.