• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Guys I need help suboxone withdrawal

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok I have no idea how I ended up coming short but I have 4, 8 mg films left and a pound of Kratom. I won't be able to fill my script until the 23rd and I see the sub Doctor tomorrow. Thankfully I've been on it and it will show up in my urine test. The thing is is I thought I guess I was going to have extra thus throwing me off and taking more suboxone then usual.

I would never recommend taking Kratom for suboxone withdrawals but I have no other choice.

I've got red meang da and I will be using it while I go through the suboxone withdrawal. I take 16 mg a day so with only four left I'm going to start the withdrawals tomorrow. Hopefully the doc won't notice that I am withdraw along even tho he shouldn't I still am very cautious about that.

So guys what or how will I do with Kratom sor suboxone withdrawal?

Well I guess I'll get NorCal for three days and then transition to the Kratom.

I find loperamide to be nearly identical in effects to buprenorphine, due to the long lasting half-life and the antidepressant-like quality they both share.

Not sure about the possibility of precipitated withdrawal with nalaxone and loperamide but that's what I would take if I was in your shoes.

I wouldn't go over 40mg either if you choose that, lope has nasty potential risks in high doses, but kratom has nasty side effects and problems too.

I would rather be dependent on an FDA approved otc versus something that isn't easily obtained.

I was on bupe for 6-7 years and after detoxing from that and not being able to function I've have been taking +/- 40mg daily for the past 3 years with no ill effects.

Why not take 8mg a day for the next 4 days and then wait 3 more days to fill your prescription? With 16mg of buprenorphine a day taken for however long I doubt that you will get that much withdrawal during those 3 days before being able to fill the prescription, you're close to or above the ceiling dose so there should still be enough extra buprenorphine in your system for you to be able to survive taking half your normal dose for several days and then none for a couple more. You will most probably start feeling uncomfortable at some point, but no way you're going to be in withdrawal tomorrow. Buprenorphine withdrawal takes a few days to fully kick in and it's gradual, if you read some reports of withdrawal from buprenorphine, you'll see the real ride begins after day 4 or so. I'm at 6mg a day (2x3mg) and if I were to skip a morning dose tomorrow, I would start feeling mentally uncomfortable by the afternoon, but it's a placebo response, by the evening I might start having problems with focusing on doing stuff which I believe has more to do with decreased kappa inhibition than less mu partial activation at this point. Many times I was fine taking 4mg a day for 3 days straight before coming back to 6mg again. IME if there is any discomfort from such dose reduction with buprenorphine, it's rather a placebo response because I am used to taking a certain dose, simply by telling yourself you're going to be in withdrawal, you're making yourself feel worse than you should be feeling.

David Wooderson said:
I was on bupe for 6-7 years and after detoxing from that and not being able to function I've have been taking +/- 40mg daily for the past 3 years with no ill effects.

It would certainly be better for you to stay on buprenorphine for longer and come off it more slowly than take 40mg of loperamide daily due to cardiac toxicity of the latter. It's definitely not going to be less painful to jump off loperamide at this point either.

To OP:

My piece of advice is don't take loperamide. I've been in your shoes many times running out early and having 1 or 2 days with no bupe to take and coped with that. Eventually I learnt not to take more, it never really helped me more when I took 2mg extra, it's just compulsive thoughts that made me want to take more as I associated it with some kind of relief. Keep in mind I'm at 6mg a day. With your 16mg-a-day dose I can't imagine you would benefit from taking more than that either.

Last edited:
Adder you are right about mentally feeling off. For some reason I start to get sick to my stomach but I don't know if that's withdrawal or me telling myself it's withdrawal. Either way I don't know how I did this other than I just took more. I had to of. I hope it all works out I really do.

I will only be able to fill my script on the 23rd and I got my last script on the 26th of December. So many think I'm going to try to wean myself off of bipedal. I've been on it for four months I can't imagine being on it for seven years. Not judging I just don't want to be in that ballpark.

I live in Oklahoma and will be moving to Virginia to live with my gf. So I need to come off of it anyways because I'm not going to be tempted in Virginia like I am in Oklahoma where I know where everything is at and where to get it.

Thanks for the responses folks.

Well, if I can give you some more advice, considering that you want to stay on it only temporarily, then I suggest you reduce your dose anyway, 16mg is way too high of a dose to be on. I don't know if it was your high opioid tolerance in the first place that made it that high or perhaps it was set too high. But it's just not worth it because you're probably taking more than can take real effect. The dose-response curve for buprenorphine is different from that of full agonists like morphine, at some point it flattens and you get no more extra effect despite increasing the dose, the ceiling dose may be slightly different for different people as the amount absorbed sublingually varies a lot among people, but generally over 8mg you're not getting a proportional increase in effect by increasing the dose, for the same reason dose reduction in the 16-8mg range is much easier than dose reduction below 4mg.

About quitting buprenorphine, it's one thing to want to quit, but before you decide to taper off, ask yourself if you're really ready to do that. If you happened to take more buprenorphine, then chances are you'd be risking a relapse if you quit too early. I started bupe maintenance after I'd quit methadone after 2.5 years on it, and I did that because I got PAWS after the initial month long withdrawal, at first I was at 8mg a day and the plan was to make it a year, two at most. It's been 5 years now and I'm nowhere near ready to consider quitting it yet even though in the past there was a time when I was already at 2mg a day, in the end I managed to get my dose increased to 6mg. I don't get cravings for opioids any more, not consciously at least, yet there is so much stuff going on in my life that I have problems dealing with that if I were forced to get off buprenorphine, I might start looking for something to ease the pain. I wouldn't want that considering buprenorphine literally gave me part of my life back.

Adder I wasn?t going to take Suboxone today but I woke up around 5:00 this morning and that?s usually when I take my first dose.

I tried to go back to bed but I was definitely feeling a withdrawal. I have a high metabolism and I know this and that about Suboxone withdrawal but it sucked. I didn?t fall asleep. I was tossing and turning. My stomach was upset. Hot flashes and cold sweats. Ah man it was awful.

And I can?t imagine what 72 hour mark feels like. Now I regret even getting on this medication. I know took eight mg and feel fine but dang it was Effin brutal.

Well guys I got kicked out of the sub clinic. They told me initially that my insurance would be taken than I went to the appointment yesterday and they said that I need to go somewhere else that takes my insurance. They did right me a months worth but I said eff it and left there. I've been on suboxone for four months so I just decided to stop taking all of it all together. I have meang da red Kratom and I plan to use that to help me thru a lot of the worst of it. Other than that folks I don't have any other options.

Should've picked up the script... Can you call them back and ask for it again then ween off