• 2 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 3 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • 4 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
panic_in_paradise said:
does anyone remember it playing at dmx's house in Belly?

ewww you've seen belly

;)

i've always filed this film in the "weird for the sake of being weird", but that generalization is an obvious short-cut to thinking

This movie was definately pointless but in a weird way i Kinda liked it. Kinda, cuz i aint too sure if i did or not. it was strange, kinda depressing, but at the end i kinda felt a a lil bit of maybe enjoyment outta it. I dont even know how to rate this movie, i definately didnt get the urge to call it a piece of artsy trash or nothing, And usually i hate pretentious crap. it didnt seem that pretentious to me, just pointless, and time wasting, but i think the feeling i got from it was not liking the movie, but kinda liking the characters in a way. Almost like it was a real town and he made a movie about it, and then after the movie was long over the people in the town are still goin about their business, so as far as that analogy goes i like the people not the movie.

But it was definately disturbing and weird as shit.

skywise said:
I don't get whats funny about it. Retarded people being raped? Ha ha ha, how comic. Oh yeah, kids growing up in disgusting, unclean homes, shooting cats for money (to fuck the retarded girl). Now thats just downright hilarious. People amaze me.
funny isn't a word i would use to describe this movie.

simply disturbing is. but instead of being horrified by korine, why aren't we horrified by the worlds he is opening up to us? while it wasn't a documentary, it was his intention.

This film is my definition of the ultimate independant film. Absolutely no plot, no direction, no lessons, no point. Mesmerizingly awful.

^ agree, Slacker was fantastic. Great frequent scene/character/story changes and that underlying theme of alien abductions etc.

"This is the tent I fucked her in"

A brilliant look at how depravity sinks into our sucky society.

I've been wanting to see this movie for a while especially since Spazz, Eyehategod, Burzum and Sleep appear on the soundtrack. I've heard it's incredibly fucked up.

wasnt xenia flattened by a tornado in the 70's??

When I worked at a movie theater, the head projectionist raved about how great this movie was. I think it really hits it off with those that are into disturbed imagery, especially in film.

It's pretty fucked up, but I can't help but think that's what the director was going for. Like everyone else said, Kids was waaay better.

Ok, I just saw this because it was free on comcast. this movie just plain fucking bothered me. I almost wish I hadn't seen it. Interesting work of art, I guess...Terrible movie. Kids is better.

^ so its on demand at the moment? which section did u find it under

I enjoy this movie every once in awhile. It has some entertainment value when you're fucked up with your friends looking for something to do.

^ so its on demand at the moment? which section did u find it under

I think it's under free movies>independent. Either IFC or Sundance, I can't recall which. It's funny someone else bumped this, as I just watched it last night. I'd only seen this movie one other time years ago, and had forgotten a big portion of it. It is definitely out there, and I can see how it would disturb or offend some people, but overall I think it's really well done, and very fascinating, if not slightly upsetting once in awhile (I mean that in a good way if that at all makes sense). I'd say if you liked the movie Kids then you should at least give this film a go. You have to pay attention as it jumps around a lot, but again it works for the film and not against it.

edit: I just saw this quoted on the first page from an article, "The bottom rung of the movie going ladder, which has been littered with such lonely disgraces as "Caligula" (1980) and "I Spit On Your Grave" (197, must now make room for "Gummo," the atrocious and horrendously pretentious new "film" from Harmony Korine. Apparently, Korine needed more than the fifteen minutes of fame he garnered for writing the screenplay for "Kids" (1995), Larry Clark's effective, but overpraised examination of disillusioned youth in New York City."

It made me laugh as I really liked I Spit on Your Grave, and I eventually will get around to seeing Caligula and probably will enjoy it (i might be reaching there so take that probably with a grain of salt). I think when you watch these types of movies you have to let it be known to yourself that you aren't going be watching the movie for it's award winning material, you're watching it for the experience of it. I enjoy movies for the ride they give me, as well as for the sheer beauty of it all, or lack there of (in the case of say, I Spit on Your Grave). Gummo is NOT award winning material, it is however an experience to watch, it plays with your inner emotions, and sometimes not in the most comfortable of ways. Anywho that's my extra 2 cents.

Last edited:
I watched it the night before last not knowing at all what to expect. To simplify this film, it's mostly a series of very badly filmed clips with little to no meaning other than being just plain sad. Half-assed, depressing white trash videos strewn together randomly and awkwardly. I've come to the conclusion that these filmmakers are a bunch of hacks. It's embarrassing to know Korine grew up here in my hometown. for the record, it's not like that here nor in Xenia, Ohio. I like to imagine that if I ever happened to see Mr. Korine walking around town I'd kick his fucking teeth in.

Last edited:
watching it now gonna grab some k, weed and beer.

you dont need drugs to watch that garbage. you dont really need anything. this "film" is way overrated, tries way too hard to be groundbreaking (failing on every level), and is really just some stupid ass waste of film from an amateur that got way too stoned. and i like bizarre, indie films! i've heard this shit been compared to David Lynch...what a joke. nearly any serious film fan will tell you...just awful. the meaning of the "film" is that it is completely meaningless. Korine has even said so. he just wanted to make a shock film with no merit whatsoever, thereby making this "one of the worst films of all time." It's an obvious sell to many of those who feel cool for "getting it," though there is NOTHING to get...and it's hilarious when people try to back it up.

Last edited: