• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Guaifenesin vs methocarbamol - indistinguishable in high doses?

thanks for the pro tip. Just took a 2 minute cold shower and feel much better. Yeah I think I enjoy this, not sure I would do it regularly though.

It for sure gives the benzo a kick.
I love mixing it with other drugs, as time stretched out Andy i feel disconnected from reality, I take some suboxone (lower than normal dose) and it feels way better than normal, and it’s feels like I’m high for days, plus tolerance Doesent build fast because of the NMDA antagonism
I miss having benzos, I used to always take clonazepam or Valium with it, no more nausea

you in the UK? pretty much everywhere else in the world it is raining RC benzos. Or are you staying away because of past issues?
USA, I mean we have phenibut here, I think I’ll try that when I get my stimulus, also I’m prescribed 1200 gabapentin a day, and I only take 600mg, so I have a nice stash(4 full bottles lol)

How the hell do I get rc drugs? Dark web? All the distributors said they would only ship to Europe

How the hell do I get rc drugs? Dark web? All the distributors said they would only ship to Europe
You might want to search for forums that allow source discussion. I had no trouble recently finding domestic, Canadian, and European rc distributors recently that ship to the USA. Never been a problem on the DN except never order from NL to USA no matter what. It won't come. They open every package from in NL IME. I thought it would be harder to find RC's again after not ordering for years.

Last night I took four more CCCs for a total of 300MG dxm, also added another 200ug C-lam and also had 3 or 4 beers. I was pretty fucked up.

Man the next day hangover / drowsiness from the dxm (the mix with c-lam in my system probably did not help but normally I would not get any residual fatigue the next day if I take less than half a mg) - was intense.

Coffee would not touch this fatigue and I feel asleep at noon (I pretty much never take naps), red kratom though woke me right up - man fucking kratom just helps with the rebound of opiates / benzos/ and so many things- really is an interesting drug.

Might be a sign that maybe I need to ease off the kratom - I dont think it was kratom WDs making me tired though (I only take it 3 or 4 days a week)- but it certainty helped.

For sure an interesting drug that I kind of forgot about. Will keep some around as it for sure gives a kick to most downers - the next day hangover effects though kind of puts me off them.

will give the Guaifenesin a try this week probably. looking to do around the 3g range.
It could be the beginning of dxm withdrawals. It is a non selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, not just a dissociative. Try only taking it once a week. ALso triple cs are not the best dxm product to use, due to the antihistamines. That’s why I take mucinex, you could also get some non scented bleach, lemon juice, and naphtha and isolate the dxm

Delsym doesn't come in a large bottle anymore but the generic equate brand comes in a bigger 1200mg/ bottle size that is like $8 or something where equate is sold. In my experience it isn't time released like it's supposed to be compared to delsym even though same active ingredient. The polystyrex

There’s this brand at HEB that’s instant release that has like 400-600 mg dxm for 2$, great deal, best ive ever seen, tho Guaifenesin tastes worse than any other drug for me

Guaifenesin really is different with dxm. Changes the dxm high considerably. Way more nausea too. I really think they're both way better separate.

Guaifenesin really is different with dxm. Changes the dxm high considerably. Way more nausea too. I really think they're both way better separate.
Maybe I’m just odd,all the Guaifenesin does is get rid of si us congestion, no nausea, no effects on the trip for me.

I don't think it would be WD as I have not had a a habit nor had this drug in years. Only got about 4.5 hours of sleep. I think it was just the residual dxm and c-lam in my system potentiating one another. Half life of dxm is 4 to 24 hours on wiki and I had some booze in my system so I think it just took a while for my liver / kidneys to clear it.

normally though that much c-lam even with a beer or two would not have me fatigued until afternoon of the next day.

I read that some people report euphoria with dxm - I dont think I experienced any.

Was crazy how much the kratom woke me up though.
The dxm probsbly,potentiated the kratom, that’s he main reason I take dxm everyday, so that I get more out of the kratom

+1 for guifenesin making me nauseous. To this day I’m still hesitant to take it regularly as an expectorant because of the negative experiences I had with it and nausea.

Let me start by saying i really enjoy several grams (usually 4-4.5g) of methocarbamol per dose and think it's the best carbamate muscle relaxer that is easy to obtain (somas suck for me bc my liver doesn't make something useful with it). The relaxation from high dose methocarbamol is intense and i really enjoy the tingling numbness of the tongue, face, and hands that it brings.

Methocarbamol is the carbamate of guaifenesin. I read online that guaifenesin has muscle relaxant properties on its own but could find no information on people abusing it. As it turns out, guaifenesin is an analogue of mephenesin which used to be prescribed as a tranquilizer and muscle relaxant. Guaifenesin Is 2-methoxy where mephenesin is 2-methyl. Guaifenesin is available over the counter here and a bottle of 15 pills is cheaper than you could imagine.

I decided to try it and found that 10-15 of the 400mg guaifenesin pills is pretty much indistinguishable from the same amount of methocarbamol. Same taste, same relaxation, same tingling numbness. Also same side effects. Primarily a mild nausea.

What do you think? Anyone else like methocarbamol? How about high dose guaifenesin? Anyone from a country that still prescribes mephenesin that could compare?

There is literally almost no information about using guaifenesin like this and very little about methocarbamol so i thought someone should post this. Cheers!!
Fascinating. It was cheap enough and intriguing enough that I ordered some online. I'll see how it goes and report back.

I had the chance to try mephenesin (Décontractyl 500mg) a long time ago and even though I was ingesting a real poly-pharmacy mess at the time, I remember getting at least some positive effects out of a few pills... More than methocarbamol, which I mostly wrote off after a couple experiments - but I never got above ~1500mg, so it might be worth revisiting too.

I once tried to track down a decent OTC form of pyrilamine (the antihistamine) on the US market that wasn't overpowered by caffeine and APAP like the 15mg of pyrilamine is in Midol. The best thing I found was a generic of "Ninjacof" with 50mg pyrilamine and a cough suppressant called Clofedanol (chlophedianol in USA), which I'd never heard of before... It seems to have interesting properties, but upset my stomach. (And I concluded that pyrilamine is nothing to write home about in the AH department.)

Fascinating. It was cheap enough and intriguing enough that I ordered some online. I'll see how it goes and report back.

I had the chance to try mephenesin (Décontractyl 500mg) a long time ago and even though I was ingesting a real poly-pharmacy mess at the time, I remember getting at least some positive effects out of a few pills... More than methocarbamol, which I mostly wrote off after a couple experiments - but I never got above ~1500mg, so it might be worth revisiting too.

I once tried to track down a decent OTC form of pyrilamine (the antihistamine) on the US market that wasn't overpowered by caffeine and APAP like the 15mg of pyrilamine is in Midol. The best thing I found was a generic of "Ninjacof" with 50mg pyrilamine and a cough suppressant called Clofedanol (chlophedianol in USA), which I'd never heard of before... It seems to have interesting properties, but upset my stomach. (And I concluded that pyrilamine is nothing to write home about in the AH department.)
I like pyrilamine myself. When I suffered from chronic pain I used to use Walmarts brand of midol.

I had the chance to try mephenesin (Décontractyl 500mg) a long time ago and even though I was ingesting a real poly-pharmacy mess at the time, I remember getting at least some positive effects out of a few pills...

i would mix this with tussipax and ativan after a night of drinking to fall asleep in crowded, noisy hostels. i heard, probably from you, that it’s no longer a product.

i would mix this with tussipax and ativan after a night of drinking to fall asleep in crowded, noisy hostels. i heard, probably from you, that it’s no longer a product.
Yeah, I think they finally pulled it. There was a Décontractyl skin cream that went with it, also containing mephenesin I think. IIRC, it's still made in 250mg tablets in Vietnam under the brand Detracyl. Chlorphenesin seems to be used in a few East Asian countries, too.

Néo-Codion was the "toxicomane" favorite, but Tussipax was a hell of a dose -- I recollect it being 10mg ethylmorphine + 10mg codeine hemihydrate.

They're long gone too, as OTC items at least... Where are the snows of yesteryear?

Where I live there's codeine cough syrup with guaifenesin in it. People tend to avoid it, because it's nasty (and the sorbitol too!).