• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Guaifenesi-Codeine Syrup?

rocker97x

Bluelighter
Just got prescribed this. Doesnt have dosage info but looks generic, 4 oz bottle, says quantity 120, take 1 teaspoon every 4 hours as needed. Also says common brands: Cheracol, Robotussin A-C

I have no opiate tolerance and would like to cop a little buzz, but i know the Guaif is puke material. Any clue on if i can take a few extra teaspoons of this shit? I also have xanax and would be willing to take a .5 if it will potentiate it. I just dont wanna puke.

PS thought it was Prometh/Codeine :( so i bought ranchers and sprite. Still a good idea?

oh ya they gave me azithromycin too (antibiotic) idk if that matters.

aight so i guess im the only one helpin me out.

Supposedly Mucinex has 600mg guif per tablet, and i think you take two. Does that mean that 6 teaspoons of this (should be 100mg guif per) should be no problem?

It doesnt say, but from what i can tell online its 10mg codeine and 100-300mg guif. Seeing as mucinex max strength is 1200mg guif i supposed ill try 4 teaspoons (40mg codeine and 400-1200mg guif) and just potentiate with oral cannabis, maybe a .5 of xanax if its not strong enough.

Sound safe enough?

How can it not have the concentration of the active ingredients posted on it?

40mg of codeiene is practically nothing except mild pain relief (no euphoria). From what I've read people often puke on guaifenesin in doses over about 200-400 but for fibromyalgia and as a muscle relaxer it is taken in the thousands and doesn't seem to cause horrible nausea. Mixing opiods with benzos is not a good idea either what with the lack of breathing and weed is not going to potentate anything very well. This whole shebang seems a little ill-conceived.

Also guaifenesin ends with an 'n' if you tried to search and failed cause there is a lot of information already on bluelight.

aight well i called the pharmacy and they said its 10mg/100mg so i can take a bit more. Alright ill stay away from the benzo's i know they they are risky but in low doses i heard they were fine.

So if people puke from 200mg why does mucinex have 1200mg in a dose?

edit: so im thinking 12 teaspoons (2 ounces) would be 120mg codeine and 1200mg guaifenisen(1 mucinex) it says no interactions exist. I know you said it seems ill conceived but isnt sizzurp pretty populary around here (i know prometh syrup is better)

Last edited:
So if people puke from 200mg why does mucinex have 1200mg in a dose?

I don't know. As I said though it seems people feel nausea at lower expectorate doses but then don't at higher muscle relaxant doses.

It doesnt say, but from what i can tell online its 10mg codeine and 100-300mg guif. Seeing as mucinex max strength is 1200mg guif i supposed ill try 4 teaspoons (40mg codeine and 400-1200mg guif) and just potentiate with oral cannabis, maybe a .5 of xanax if its not strong enough.

Sound safe enough?

That honestly is not that much codeine and guif. It should not cause any issues except the guif might kill some of the buzz. It makes me tired and could make you a little dizzy. 2.4 grams is the dose it says not to exceed online

sweet so me and my friend will split it for 120codeine and 1200 guaif each, in sprite with jolly rancher, sipped over an hour :) gonna throw a brownie in. Will let you guys know how it goes.

I'd down it all at once rather than sip. Codeine is also an enzyme inhibitor so once you get some in your system it will start to affect the ability to turn the rest into morphine.

sweet so me and my friend will split it for 120codeine and 1200 guaif each, in sprite with jolly rancher, sipped over an hour :) gonna throw a brownie in. Will let you guys know how it goes.

So your going to throw some cough syrup, sprite, jolly rangers, and a brownie into a blender, and slowly sip it over an hour 8o eww....

I've drank cough syrup with the guaf in it, but can't remember the dose. It is a nasty substance though, and just thinking back about it makes me want to gag

Worked great!

Mixed 2 oz syrup, 12 oz sprite, and 3 watermelon jolly ranchers. The flavor was amazing. If it was a flavor of sprite id prolly buy it. Also ate 3 small pot brownies.

Had good euphoria,really enjoyed it, but it only lasted like 3 hours. Didnt have the slightest stomach discomfort. A whole 4 oz bottle is only 2 mucinex worth of guaifenesin, so its a fairly tame cut.

Worked great!

Mixed 2 oz syrup, 12 oz sprite, and 3 watermelon jolly ranchers. The flavor was amazing. If it was a flavor of sprite id prolly buy it. Also ate 3 small pot brownies.

Had good euphoria,really enjoyed it, but it only lasted like 3 hours. Didnt have the slightest stomach discomfort. A whole 4 oz bottle is only 2 mucinex worth of guaifenesin, so its a fairly tame cut.

Glad that worked out for you.

Personally I love sprite with cough syrup, or I also find root beer works pretty well, or even orange soda. I don't like caffinated soda's, but eh.

Worked great!

I may need to give it a try. You can get stuff OTC here in limited amounts.